Building my first team

Nelkos

Hey,

I would like to get some advices and some help. I'm building my first pvp team.

I currently have chansey, dugtrio, tentacool, togepi and ferrothorn. They seems good (nature, iv, ability) Here was my idea :

Togekiss Timid (252 speed, 100hp, 158 SP.Atk) leftovers

serene grace

-Air Slash

-Thunder wave

-Roost

-flamethrower

Dugtrio Jolly (252 speed , Hp-> 214, rest in atk) @focus sash

arena trap

-Earthquake

-Reversal

-Screech

-Sucker punch

Tentacruel Timid (ev ??) @blacksludge/assault vest

liquid ooze

-Scald

-Sludge wave

-Rapid Spin

-Ice Beam (or toxic spikes)

Ferrothorn Relaxed (252 def, 252 hp, 6spdef) @leftovers

iron barbs

-stealth rock

-thunder wave

-leech seed

-gyro ball

Blissey Bold (252 hp, 252 def, 6spdef) @leftovers

natural cure

-thunderbolt

-Soft-boiled

-Aromatherapy

-seismic toss

I still miss one pokemon (probably a physical sweeper) but i'm not sure about it. I think he'll need a priority move and a fighting move. If you have some idea, thanks. :)

I also have an adamant mamoswine and a magic bounce natu. But i wasn't sure to put them in this team.

Thanks,

Nelkos

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Blissey, Dugtrio, Togekiss"

Well, you have a very good base to tilt some players. Talonflame could be nice but Im a noob, just want to wish you some fun to tilt other players :|

Of course I'm talking to myself, sometimes I have to talk with an intelligent person.

rsz_62121-spirited-away-spirited-away-wallpaper.jpg.22bf8ec0e46dcc230985953ff28f41ce.jpg

Picture

TP4L

Well... With that what i saw here: Dugtrio isn't worth to doing hp evs imom. He is too squishy for that. Just go full atk / spd. Also with that ev spread his atk will be pretty low ^^. Also i would suggest rock move (stone edge?) to get rid of talons with ur focus sash for example. Sucker punch won't do much to them and they are pretty popular.

Blissey: I'm not sure if tbolt will be really helpfuly and will make any diff, i think good would be just to put twave / toxic instead of that.

Ferro: Maybe 252hp, 168spdef, and else evs for def? That will let u survive special moves (like hp fire from magnezones), and also u can replace twave with protect (leech seed magnezone, protect, etc)

Togekiss: In that build... maybe nasty plot instead twave?

Last poke... Like Bash said, it can be talonflame, but then, it won't be best for coverage. What about Lucario? Extreme speed / Bullet punch as priors, also stab on Fighting moves.

About the Blissey, if its not a Blissey already Chansey Eviolite gives it more defense and sp.def. IMO Chansey Eviolite is just a bit better than Blissey. You might be thinking "well Blissey gets leftovers though" in my experience soft boiled is enough to get the healing job done so yeah that's some of the reasons why chansey is better than Blissey.

[center][b][color=#0080FF][size=5][font=Impact]Member Of Illusion[/color]<i>[/font][/size]</i>[/b][/center] [center][img]https://gyazo.com/323e4fe7012aa92a7dc71674f773b0aa.jpg[/img][/center] [center][b][color=#0000FF]Blue Server[/color][/b][/center]

Well ... this team obviously has playstyle defined as: balanced, so well, come on. This team does not seem to have a very solid defensive core, as Ferrothorn and Blissey easily die for wallbreakers like: Ape I Breloom I Mamoswine I BDrum Azumarill and others, a good core could be: Skarmory + Blissey (SkarBliss) that even losing to Ape , We have Tentacruel which is a good check of Ape.Tentacruel AV is not a good one, since it has no decent ways to recover HP, so Black Sludge is the best option indeed, with the moveset: Scald / Acid Spray / Toxic Spikes / Rapid Spin (Timid 16 Spe / 252 HP / 28 SpD / 212 Def), which is a great utility, well this team also seems weak to stall, so the best Togekiss set would be: Air Slash / Heal Bell / Roost / Nasty Plot , It would be interesting to put Stealth Rock in Dugtrio, and Spikes in Skarmory, to exert pressure on the opponent, well this team suffers with something, that we agree, every team suffers: Azumarill Belly Drum, even having Tentacruel is not enough since low Dies for aqua jet, so a good one Pokemon that could help him soften that weakness would be Talonflame who can revenge kill Azumarill after Bdrum, and still manages to check Clefable, I would probably place an Offensive Swords Dance Talonflame which is an interesting set with the support of Dugtrio that catches Tyranitar but still Would have to deal with a possible Slowbro, but you will have to accept that Slowbro will be a pretty annoying thing to deal with your team

Obs : The Spread of Dugtrio and Togekiss not make sense, the better spread of duggy is 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Def, and Togekiss is 248 HP / 252 Spe / 8 SpA, oh and a speed control would be nice, but the reason for not having one is that I did not find space for it

kGf086N.png

Yujii on PRO

About the Blissey, if its not a Blissey already Chansey Eviolite gives it more defense and sp.def. IMO Chansey Eviolite is just a bit better than Blissey. You might be thinking "well Blissey gets leftovers though" in my experience soft boiled is enough to get the healing job done so yeah that's some of the reasons why chansey is better than Blissey.

Dude, this Blissey has Thunderbolt, and Blisseys with Thunderbolt / Ice Beam / Flamethrower are preferred instead of Chansey since they have a larger SpA

kGf086N.png

Yujii on PRO

You have a strong team with a lot of top tier, as last pokemon I advise you Conkeldurr ~ Adamant with 252 EV on ATK & HP & 6 on SPDEF - Assault Vest item or Toxic Orb.

- Mach punch (good priority)

- Superpower (best stab)

- Knock Off (for Ghost pokémon and still good for remove item)

- Poison Jab (Fairy Pkmn)

:Grin:

388048chaos.png