Top Posters In This Topic

well i found this hp fire 8sbVcBa.png

should train him sp atk speed?

well 28+ spd is preferable to outspeed gengar and talon with a choice scarf

the number is 26

Fu2zc9T.jpg

Thanks to MadFrost for the signature!

Your Starmie is as good as it gets for a special sweeper:

1. 29 HP IVs minimize Life Orb recoil and grant you 11 potential hits, instead of only 10. Although just a detail, that is nice.

2. Your Starmie can learn Hidden Power Fire, which allows it to hit a lot of Pokémon that would otherwise wall it and/or Excadrill (Ferrothorn and Scizor are prime examples).

3. Analytic isn't fully coded, if I recall correctly, and Natural Cure is Starmie's best ability (at least right now), even when you intend on sweeping with it. It can use its ability to take on status moves, mainly Spore/Sleep Powder (Starmie can probably OHKO Amoonguss with Psychic, but not with a non-STAB Ice Beam), Thunder Wave and Toxic. That Lum Berry should be Life Orb.

4. Offensive Starmie can also run Rapid Spin as it gives you the freedom, when Stealth Rock is up on your side of the field, to choose whether to hit the opposing Pokémon or use Rapid Spin.

Ground-type attacks seem to be a big threat to your team, especially if you lose Gliscor. Venusaur should be replaced. Better options include Amoonguss (same typing, better pivot thanks to Regenerator, 100% accurate sleep move) and Tangrowth (good against ground-type moves, can pivot in and out with Regenerator, has a sleep move, is tankier than Amoonguss). I would recommend physically defensive Tangrowth (with a Relaxed nature) to take on physical attackers, as they are more susceptible to carry ground-type moves (although some Pokémon such as Hydreigon can run Earth Power). You should then get a Careful Gliscor with Poison Heal and Toxic Orb to be able to take on special attackers better (Gengar never 2HKOs a Careful Gliscor, unless it crits, allowing you to either hit him with Knock Off or roost off the damage while Gengar slowly wears himself down because of Life Orb recoil). Excadrill should run Earthquake, Iron Head, Rock Slide and either Swords Dance or Rapid Spin.

If you add Magnezone to the team, then you have 3 Pokémon that are weak to fighting-type and ground-type moves. I would then recommend to run Gengar over Starmie, as the former is immune to both fighting-type and ground-type moves. However, Magnezone and Gengar don't actually pair up too well together, as they can both hit Fairy-type Pokémon with Flash Cannon and Sludge Wave and Steel-type Pokémon with HP Fire and Focus Blast. Shadow Ball and Thunderbolt both deal with Slowbro, which walls Excadrill and can stomach a Crunch from Tyranitar while recovering HP thanks to Regenerator. If you go with Magnezone to have a more reliable means of dealing with the likes of Ferrothorn, Scizor and Skarmory (biggest Excadrill counter), then you shouldn't have Gengar. Gliscor can deal with fighting-type and ground-type moves, but you shouldn't solely rely on one Pokémon to deal with 2 big weaknesses that your offensive Pokémon all have in common. Amoonguss/Venusaur do provide a resistance to fighting-type attacks, while Tangrowth resists ground-type attacks. If you plan on keeping Starmie, you should go with Tangrowth, as Starmie resists fighting-type moves. You can even change the EVs and have it be bulkier (max speed, max HP). Your Starmie does have HP fire, which can surprise the likes of Ferrothorn (2HKO? on the switch) and Scizor (OHKO?). It all depends on the sets they're running.

Assuming you want to Keep Magnezone alongside Tyranitar and Excadrill, I think you should try out and test out a few options: specially defensive or physically defensive Talonflame with Bulk Up, specially defensive Gliscor as a Swords Dance stallbreaker or Taunt stallbreaker, Calm Mind or Stealth Rock Clefable (entry hazards work in tandem with Excadrill, transforming a lot of 2HKOs and 3HKOs into OHKOs and 2HKOs, while Calm Mind lets you have another shot at winning, because Excadrill shouldn't be your only win-con), and a lot of other interesting options...

Indoor-Fishh.png