Turn NPCs rematches optional

Hakunon

Here I am again, asking the devs if they could use the same system they use for bosses with the normal NPCs, as in, make them have their normal cooldowns, and trigger their battles again after the player speaks to them, you can even add a new dialog to the npc asking if they could rebattle the players.

The thing is, I'm a player that has over 1400 hours playtime, I have done practically everything in the game except the ones that I don't think are much worth atm (ex: doctor quest and pinkam although I have them available) and pretty fast even though i'm not a hardcore player, and this is because each week it passes my head just hurts even more playing this game because of the worry it puts over that I'll have to do rematches again and again before I proceed with actual compensating stuff. I know NPCs play the role of being a challenge to overcome before you clear the main and extra stuff, sure, but after that, their purpose just become 'waste about 5x more time for things you have to do daily so everyweek you mess up your game routine if you don't spend the entire day clearing the npcs again.

Nowadays we have even more bosses that are far away from towns that has already defeated and purposeless npcs in the way. Headbutts, Digs spots, EV spots, hunting spots and such are overwhelmed by NPCs that will make you lose your entire afternoons every week (route 13-15 hb and digs, excavation sites have an army just wating for you each time you want to farm those after each week).

"NPCs are important for leveling-" Yeah sure if you are passing through the region first time, after that there are places that are even easier to level + ev at the same time, and you don't need to migrate until you kill everyone and waste even more time getting back for an actual training spot and most of them are low-leveled unevolved mons that a tentacool/diglett will give you more than double of what they give in exp;

"NPCs are important for money" No they're not, you can make more money if you do things in less time, as if, a player that is already hunting/training/doing daily stuff like dig is making money faster and better than Please, even if it take some time (maybe not much as you could use the same code used for bosses or something similar?) this is the one and only thing I would love to see implemented in the game because it's the ONLY thing that is making me play even less until I give up entirely, and I would hate to do that because even if the game has many flaws I still think everything in the game was amazingly well done for it to work as an mmorpg (but I still got triggered by the TMs not being actual TMs so I could stock them and not give a [Censored] about revisiting the shops... But that is for another time). Also I really hope Sinnoh is being made with this in mind, so you guys don't worry about changing it later...the one battling an NPC, and even then most of them gives less money than a lv 5 rat because of RNG;

"You can use the teleport NPC pokemons in route to skip over them" Again, this is the most useless mechanic in the game together with the NPC rematches, as we already has the subway system we can use to skip over routes (because they aren't long anyways, even the Hoenn ocean ones you can clear in 20 seconds if you don't have any NPC on your tail. Also if you are in that route it means you want to use it for something (headbutts, dig, excavation, doctoc, etc.) and it makes you waste money, a move slot you could use for more important stuff and a party slot for one Poke that can learn Teleport.

"You can skip them by relogging when they are speaking before battle" Are you saying that this is a valid mechanic for a game? Also you still waste some time for being stopped and relogging and some of them will not reset meaning you'll have to do this everytime you walk by them. Plus you risk yourself of getting hit by a rare bug that got me recently (I had my sync team, went to the pokecenter, swapped my Sync team for a team that I was going to use it for the entei guardian, tried skipping some NPCs, it went ok for the first two, but the third one made my team go back to the PC and swapped for my Sync team again and I lost the Life Orb I equipped to my Gengar, as if it were not "saved properly" even if I had that Life Orb since they were released);

Here you can find the reasons why this isn't implemented: https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=35832#at_Npcrebattle. I think It can't be done with the same code as bosess, because it would require to change every NPC manually (and as you may know, the game has a lot of them).

I know this would take time but guess what, everything else does. That's why i'm trying to show how needed this is even if it means they change every npc bit by bit every day.

If "taking time" would stop the staff from doing things then the game would be forgotten.

Also bosses just seem to be the same as the rest of the NPCs but with just some extra dialogs for prizes and the much needed trigger-by-answering to them battles.

Done.

As of fhe next client version we will be able to turn off line of sight dynamically per NPc (i mean we as in staff)

TJ6qktU.gif

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share the question on the forums due to being of use to others. Please use proper forum. Unsolicited messages will be trashed. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the support guys!

They added a feature that let them turn off the NPCs line of sight (so players can still rematch after the weekly cd by speaking with them) however they yet have to turn it on. A lot of time has passed since the update so I can't say it will come soon... Maybe right after they add Sinnoh.

Yes to #CancerFreeNPCrebattle. Goodluck coding each of em all, Thor & co. :kiss:

Our present sufferings are not worth comparing

to the glory that will be revealed in us.

-Romans 8:18