Genesect, Gothitelle and Blaziken testing phase

Shamac

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi don't feel like pvping right now so i don't have a ss that's up to date but that shouldn't be a problem as i was in top 25 for many seasons.

Shadowtag: Should stay banned. I don't see a reason to undo the ban as neither team preview nor pursuit has been added.

Blaziken: Should stay unbanned. Even tho this is a strong pokemon, there are many checks and counters that are very common in pro so there is no reason to ban this.

Genesect: Should be allowed for a testing phase of maybe 1-2 months. Genesect is a very strong pokemon with good offensive stats and a wide movepool. Even tho there is no pokemon that can take on every set it heavily suffers for the 4move syndrome. There are ways to beat specific sets and it can be revenge killed by a lot of pokemon. Especially magnezone can switch into any resisted attack and proceed to trap and kill it with hp fire(1hko if naive or after rocks. ~50%chance to ohko if its at 100% and has perfect ivs which is highly unlikely) unless it u-turns or is scarfed and locked into flamethrower. A huge downside to genesect in pro compared to showdown is u-turn. It is much much worse than it is supposed to be and can even cost you momentum instead of gaining any. On top of that, it is quickly worn down by spikes and rocks. And last but not least download not working properly is going to be a fun thing to play with, but it certainly does NOT help genesect in most cases. I recommend a test phase of 1-2months. Less is gonna be ineffective as it's going to take time until many people catch and train them. Also the metagame needs to adapt to it. It's gonna be fun seeing the meta game mixing up a bit and people adapting to this monster.