Game Time Requirements

Heiach

I'm puzzled as to why it's actually necessary.. I can understand why you don't want to let people trade until they've beaten the 4th gym etc.. so why not use something like that instead of needing 350+ hours?

Also I've recently discovered that there's an *even* higher requirement than that in the game now! You need, and I'm not even kidding, 1000+ hours for a chance (just a chance) to catch a Genesect!

I've been playing this game on and off since the beginning pretty much and even I have only accrued 300 hours myself. I've beaten all of the Elite Fours, done a lot of grinding for various pokemon/shinies/pink/pvp team, done some pvp too. I admit I haven't done any bosses but suffice to say I've done *most* of what's in the game atm.. Are there people who even have 1000+ hours?

Needing 350+ seem ridiculous enough and almost unobtainable for a lot of people.. but 1000? That's basically like saying "never" right?

Quite a large percentage of active players have over 1000 hours from when I did some research recently. Take a look at the Ladder page and check the top playtimes for each server. As you'll see, there are lots of people with much over 1k hours. I guess Genesect's requirement is quite high due to its overall power.

You should check out the bosses though; keeping up with dailies, weeklies and bi-weeklies will help accumulate playtime a lot faster. However, if you play other games (like I do), it can seriously hinder the amount of time you put into PRO :P

...And all will burn, beneath the shadow of my wings.

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share your questions on the forums as they could be useful to others.

Remember to use the correct forum when posting. Unsolicited messages will be trashed. Thanks.

1000hours is not much if actually play the game for fun. Well if you don't think that way I'm sorry. Cause usually if you like the game you will play for more than 1000hours. Just like letrix says many people have over 1000hours. Pro is trying to make the game fun and competitive. Sorry but pro can't do anything about this, it's going to make Genesect to easy to catch if you change it.

burner.png

1k hours is honestly ridiculous (and i'm speaking as someone with 1k hours)

I would suggest halving all game-time requirements: most bosses drop to between 50 and 150 hours; first legendaries circa 180, dogs 400, genesect 500

Fu2zc9T.jpg

Thanks to MadFrost for the signature!

PRO is almost 2 years old, there bounds to be people with more than 1k hours playtime :Crazy:

Also, Genesect is one of the most powerful legend in the franchise. Its base SpAtk and base Atk are equal to Arceus', with its only drawback being its 99 base Speed, which is still really fast especially when Scarfed. And being Bug/Steel means it only has 1 weakness, along with 8 resistances and 1 immunity.

And its Download ability, when it works properly, means it can get a stat boost for free just for being sent into the battle, and the stat increase makes use of its opponent's lower defensive stat, meaning if you have something with bad SpDef (which means it takes huge damage from Special attacks), Genesect's Special attack will hit even harder thanks to Download, ensuring a one hit KO.

So it makes sense that they put that 150+ IV and 1000 hours playtime requirement on it. The requirement needs to be really hard for such a strong legend.