Greetings and Salutations

Welcome to PRO

Yes i myself am familiar with the situation you guys face. Ive seen a lot of the sprite work that went into it and it looked great. We already have one of POL's spriters on our team already, and if you can prove you have the talent we're looking for then there may be more :)

TJ6qktU.gif

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share the question on the forums due to being of use to others. Please use proper forum. Unsolicited messages will be trashed. Thanks.

Yes indeed, FBlaster was the staff from POL that migrated over here and is now a apprentice.

Welcome to PRO.

ur a bit slow Gawerty :P

he passed his apprentiship phase nearly a week ago :p

TJ6qktU.gif

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share the question on the forums due to being of use to others. Please use proper forum. Unsolicited messages will be trashed. Thanks.

Yes indeed, FBlaster was the staff from POL that migrated over here and is now a apprentice.

Welcome to PRO.

*grumbles* yeah...well....eh.

I am a bit late, i've been really busy.

“Believe nothing you hear, and only one half that you see.”

Yes indeed, FBlaster was the staff from POL that migrated over here

Well that's good that he's already finished with his apprenticeship. He's really good at graphic arts. He's also the one who inspired me to come over and check things out. He can be very... persuasive... :)

So what is this apprenticeship thing?

Before we allow people to join PRO staff we evaluate them and assign tasks. Those people are apprentices

I think I'm one of the referents of your OP that'd be the most pre-familiarized with the alluded-to game. ;) Looks like another throwback from my tenure in their staff...

Sadly, I have lost similar ambition for POL; it's why in sprite of multiple drop-ins, I've mostly decentered from it and invested my hobbyism elsewhere. My experience in POL has helped, and I still venerate the staff I worked with on there, but it is hard to maintain a passion for the project when it feels that contributions are untapped—that is, remaining out of fruition and without opening any prominent door for other contributors to join, due to being left in the dark as other Pokemon MMOs are on the rise.

I can accept the long-length process it takes to develop a Pokemon MMO—as productionally viable as this has, it has been a growing pain as well as we await its near-ready release—but I could not accept plateauing that development. When initially committing to it, I expected a similar growing pain, but I did not expect it to remain as a WIP long enough for the transphasic change in staff growing into more mature, more responsible stages of their life and thus having less time to work on it; that is a dynamic that every indie-MMO staff culture is subjected to, but in POL's case, it is more uphill to replace it with fresher blood when little comes to fruition to upstage its reputation to the Pokemon-MMO psychograph of the internet.

Before making my final leave from POL, it was near the time when its lead-programmer stepped down and ceded the department to others. I've entertained the possibility of merging with another Pokemon MMO; while it was rejected and likely will not seriously be entertained, this was the Pokemon MMO I have mentioned, and it has been the one I've latched my hobbyism onto in what limited spare time I have nowadays (compared to the unemploymenthood in my younger ages while POL was my go-to Pokemon-MMO project. :P).

Glad to see that some of the POL throwbacks, such as yourself and FBlaster, have found their way here as well!

Yes indeed, FBlaster was the staff from POL that migrated over here

Well that's good that he's already finished with his apprenticeship. He's really good at graphic arts. He's also the one who inspired me to come over and check things out. He can be very... persuasive... :)

So what is this apprenticeship thing?

It is our take on a traineeship, which I don't believe POL has ever instituted. It analogous to an internship or traineeship at real-world jobs; it is a transitional stage used to acquaint the full-fledged staff members with the prospective staff member, in addition running one through the learning curve for being properly applicative of their skills and talents growing into the staff organization. Due to the trust-sensitive QA and confidentiality there is with staffship, it is compulsory that any prospective staff members run through this phase before they are allowed to contribute in the capacity of a full-fledged staff and representative of the project.