Suggestions from an old player

Tsuina

Hi everyone,

Sorry for the title, didn't want to sound like "hey I'm old so listen to me", but I was 12 when the first red pokemon aired and I played many pokemon games after this, mainly on emulators though.

First of all, thanks a lot for your work. with all the pokemon games I played and even the mmo's like Poke-mmo or pokemon gemme this one is the best and I'm really looking forward to seeing its further development.

I tried to read the other suggestions so I hope I won't repeat something.

1) I saw many people talking about pc storage. I have to agree with the fact that this needs improvement. A classification of pokes by a simple click would be awesome like :"pvp, to train, to trade..." but something I saw less is the research mechanism. As you may have noticed I'm not a native english speaker and all my life i learned pokes names in another language. Knowing 700 names is already a lot, 1400 is quite hard to remember with the exact orthography and I can't imagine how hard it is for dyslexic people. When I have to look for my Exeggutor in the pc it's really a pain in the :banned: . usually I look for the spelling in the pokedex first so my suggestion is: why don't you use the pokedex coding for the boxes? Pokedex works just fine, with 2 or 3 letters you find the poke you want.

2)This is concerning the previous and more: why don't you use what is already coded to improve the rest? It would save a lot of your precious coding time. for example when you check your pokemon status, you may have a definition of each attack, which is awesome, but you can't know what its ability does. In the pokedex you have the definition of abilities but not the attack's... Ofc it's not a priority but it may not take so long.

3)I red the discussion about npc rebattle and it was closed with "problem solved now implemented", sorry but I have to disagree. We don't have a pokemon with teleport all the time and paying money to dodge low level trainers is annoying when you just finished hoenn and you are poor a :banned: . Wouldn't be awesome if their were a reset but if the NPCs would stop you only the first time you meet them? Then If you need money or training for low lvl poke and want rematch you would just have to speak to them and fight them once a week but you wouldn't be forced to if you just want to travel.

4) I have no idea how much space it takes on the server to add zones so this could be the explanation but from my point a view you waste your energy sometimes. You coded an awesome zone for the last summer: "vulcan island" with a quest, bosses and stuff and now its gone. It was the best zone to train high level pokes and bosses were cool. Couldn't you just keep everything you add forever? This way it would just offer more and more possibilities for players => less people would get bored

5) Communication with others: sometimes someone talks to me then i dc by accident and I have no way to find the guy again. Could you add a history of conversations/battled players lasting a day or something?

6) Maybe a small ingame detail showing a pokemon is not fully coded? I trained a honedge then realised its evolution can't change stance, it's so sad :Frown: (I hope it will be implemented soon btw :D )

7)Weather teams are strong but risky which make them cool. However, sometimes it's not showing when a weather condition comes in play. I had the sad experience of "lol this guy/girl plays pvp with a flashfire ninetales" and then realized after, sun was there and I was dead. (also solar beam bugs now) But I guess this is already on a list of things to do.

8) thx a lot for your attention and sorry for this long letter. The game is awesome continue your good work!

Tsuina

1: Maybe they're already working on this, but it's not the priority atm;

2: Yeah I ask myself that sometimes, the game even had some coded moves that needed their TMs but instead they added tutors that are 3x more expensive than the TMs, and much more inconvenient and annoying to reach, even more for me as I like to stock on TMs so I can use whenever I want without having to walk big and annoying-to-acces areas;

3: Thanks for the acknowledgment of the matter, this is keeping me from playing the game and when I heard it was going to be implemented (and the patch notes showing that the line of sight for every NPC could be disabled now) I was surprised and happy but they still hasn't touched which left me disappointed unfortunately;

4: Some areas are special events that appear sometimes to reward active players, and each time they return the staff can implement new rewards for the older players and better way to get the rewards for the new;

5: Agreed, and more importantly a battle log with chat in battles, this could even help with the weather issue;

6: I think there are topics about them and other stuff, just need to encourage people more with system messages or something;

7: They already know about this but I guess the battle system they have atm is very limited which keeps them from fixing some stuff like volt switch/u-turn momentum;

8: Yeah the game is amazing and that's why we care so much about it

Well pinkan island is a permanent one which is added recently while vulcan island is one of the seasonal areas.

Our present sufferings are not worth comparing

to the glory that will be revealed in us.

-Romans 8:18

if you decided to read the announcements just a LITTLE further, you would come to realise that 3. is being worked on. However it takes literally days to edit every NPC (which is what I have to do) so that the rebattles get turned off.

TJ6qktU.gif

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share the question on the forums due to being of use to others. Please use proper forum. Unsolicited messages will be trashed. Thanks.

if you decided to read the announcements just a LITTLE further, you would come to realise that 3. is being worked on. However it takes literally days to edit every NPC (which is what I have to do) so that the rebattles get turned off.

Good to hear, Ty!

Sorry I didn't see this while i browsed the topics. Don't worry I totally understand the difficulty of coding such a huge game.

What about the other things? Thx in advance

Tsuina

[mention]Hakunon[/mention], little more than a month

Rolling changes.

• random number generation

An acronym for "random number generator" or "random number generation", it refers to the process by which computers generate apparently random numbers, essentially the computer equivalent of 'chance'.