Johto Difficulty

Reinhardt88

Is there a reason behind the low level random encounter mobs? I understand that the easiest way to beat the johto region is to pick cyndaquil and solo everything but for everyone else who picked a different starter and made a proper team its kinda hard to level considering that random encounters are so low level. Let me give you an example of how low the encounters are, in ice path (dungeon before the final gym) mobs are level 17, YES I SAID LEVEL 17, and this is just one of the areas with bad level scaling. Route 41 and dragons den was the only area's that gave decent exp, with route 41 having mobs between level 30-35 and the other closest area's having level 15-20 mobs, something obviously isn't right here. When you play through kanto you see a level increase on random encounters as you progress through the game but its different in johto, its much harder to grind.

TLDR: This was obviously a rant but kanto was so much easier compared to johto and im not talking about battle difficulty im talking about time to grind. Honestly i wish i would have been told that picking cyndaquil and soloing the region was the way to go before i started it.

I finished Johto in 2 hours, only reason for that was because I purchased a level 100 off someone and sweep the region, same with Hoenn.

Yeah, but thats only a work around, the region should be able to be done with pokemon YOU catch there without too much grinding, not so much that buying a lvl 100 is the best option to go through johto

clannad3ah5s_by_ephayris-d7yshr3.jpg

#TEAM ROWLETT

200w.gif#2

I actually thought Johto was the easiest by far. I chose totodile as my starter. Then from there i caught and evolved a zubat into crobat and caught a vulpix and evolved it into a ninetails. I used those 3 to sweep the whole region (besides elite 4) and it was by far the easiest experience I've had with all the regions. They all ended up at level 67 so stop bitching about leveling being to hard when all you need to do is level thru all the trainers you fight. They give you a lot of exp points so it shouldn't be hard.

EVaO8V.gif

I actually thought Johto was the easiest by far. I chose totodile as my starter. Then from there i caught and evolved a zubat into crobat and caught a vulpix and evolved it into a ninetails. I used those 3 to sweep the whole region (besides elite 4) and it was by far the easiest experience I've had with all the regions. They all ended up at level 67 so stop [Censored] about leveling being to hard when all you need to do is level thru all the trainers you fight. They give you a lot of exp points so it shouldn't be hard.

Training a full team is a different story though ;)

I actually thought Johto was the easiest by far. I chose totodile as my starter. Then from there i caught and evolved a zubat into crobat and caught a vulpix and evolved it into a ninetails. I used those 3 to sweep the whole region (besides elite 4) and it was by far the easiest experience I've had with all the regions. They all ended up at level 67 so stop [Censored] about leveling being to hard when all you need to do is level thru all the trainers you fight. They give you a lot of exp points so it shouldn't be hard.

I tend to use a full team of 6 pokemon to go through regions, like a normal Pokemon game, I understand that with 3 pokemon you can level easier, but there's 6 slots in your party for a reason.

clannad3ah5s_by_ephayris-d7yshr3.jpg

#TEAM ROWLETT

200w.gif#2