Staff pokes - Is this really what the PVP community wants?

Crokstar

What I'm asking for is consistency. Honestly if it only were about staff pokes being banned I couldn't care less, im playing on yellow where exactly 1 staff poke is roaming around. But if we start listening to every little thing people whine about on the forums we're bound to have a bad time eventually. This thread is a first step towards that because although the arguments brought fourth contradict themselves (yes, I still think they do) , staff appears to give in at least a little to that small elite of people who keep complaining about something as minor as staff pokes in PVP. Let's be honest, even if all staffs suddenly stopped using their staff rewards people that complain here would not be any more successful than they currently are. In fact those that have a chance at reaching the ladder do so consistently in the current environment - even with staff pokes around. Back when this request was made months ago, Daeon straight up said no. That's the kind of respond I hope to see more often when day after day, new absolutely terrible suggestions are made and backed up by people who fail to see why those suggestions aren't actually good after all. To me this thread is a gateway for that kind of behaviour to become even more common.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I'm asking for is consistency. Honestly if it only were about staff pokes being banned I couldn't care less, im playing on yellow where exactly 1 staff poke is roaming around. But if we start listening to every little thing people whine about on the forums we're bound to have a bad time eventually. This thread is a first step towards that because although the arguments brought fourth contradict themselves (yes, I still think they do) , staff appears to give in at least a little to that small elite of people who keep complaining about something as minor as staff pokes in PVP. Let's be honest, even if all staffs suddenly stopped using their staff rewards people that complain here would not be any more successful than they currently are. In fact those that have a chance at reaching the ladder do so consistently in the current environment - even with staff pokes around. Back when this request was made months ago, Daeon straight up said no. That's the kind of respond I hope to see more often when day after day, new absolutely terrible suggestions are made and backed up by people who fail to see why those suggestions aren't actually good after all. To me this thread is a gateway for that kind of behaviour to become even more common.

So basically you're telling us our arguments contradict themselves, we're a bunch of complainers, and our suggestions are terrible. Ok thank you for your input you can leave now.

I'm asking you to bring forth good arguments to support your ideas. Since that didn't yet happen I'm still trying to convince people that the suggested changes are irrational. Btw are you answering in 1-liners on purpose now? Presenting a seemingly simple solution to a rather controversial topic is of course the easiest way to get like-minded people with no intention to actually read arguments to aid you -

but it's also yet another proof of how this whining-culture is taking over.

I'm asking you to bring forth good arguments to support your ideas. Since that didn't yet happen I'm still trying to convince people that the suggested changes are irrational. Btw are you answering in 1-liners on purpose now? Presenting a seemingly simple solution to a rather controversial topic is of course the easiest way to get like-minded people with no intention to actually read arguments to aid you -

but it's also yet another proof of how this whining-culture is taking over.

I've brought forth many good arguments to support my ideas and you are the one who just keeps repeating yourself. You changes are irrational, your ideas are contradictory etc. etc. etc.

From what I can tell so far you don't want tournament pokes/staff pokes to be used in PVP because they grant advantages to their owner. My problem remains the same: in actual PVP, it doesn't matter if the perfect legendary you face was obtained as a tournament reward/a staff reward, or caught by a player, so why are you still excluding player-caught legendaries from your ban request? What exactly makes you believe that a 6x30+ Latios with 31 speed is unacceptable but a Latios with average def/hp/spdef and 31 speed/26 spatk is fine? There's a tiny tiny difference in ther survivablity that is not going to matter in the majority of games, so why is one fine but not the other?

From what I can tell so far you don't want tournament pokes/staff pokes to be used in PVP because they grant advantages to their owner. My problem remains the same: in actual PVP, it doesn't matter if the perfect legendary you face was obtained as a tournament reward/a staff reward, or caught by a player, so why are you still excluding player-caught legendaries from your ban request? What exactly makes you believe that a 6x30+ Latios with 31 speed is unacceptable but a Latios with average def/hp/spdef and 31 speed/26 spatk is fine? There's a tiny tiny difference in ther survivablity that is not going to matter in the majority of games, so why is one fine but not the other?

Go ahead and show me a 6x30 Latios that was caught by a player, I'll wait. Serperior is even worse considering there are 88 h.a. Serperior on Red Server and those are all random nature random IVs and need a specific hidden power.

Go ahead and show me a 6x30 Latios that was caught by a player, I'll wait. Serperior is even worse considering there are 88 h.a. Serperior on Red Server and those are all random nature random IVs and need a specific hidden power.

I was refering to a staff-reward Latios and comparing it to the Latios I linked. What makes you think one is fine but not the other?

I was refering to a staff-reward Latios and comparing it to the Latios I linked. What makes you think one is fine but not the other?

I've went from using this

QKmZ9OW.png

to using this

Q0XnDZp.png

I can tell you that the difference between the two is VAST and the second one is a huge advantage over the first.

I'm not saying that they're the same thing. I'm asking you to draw a line that, when crossed, makes a legendary ban-worthy. After all this little difference in tankiness in a poke that isn't all that tanky anyways makes you say that one is totally acceptable while one should not be accessable under any circumstances.

I'm not saying that they're the same thing. I'm asking you to draw a line that, when crossed, makes a legendary ban-worthy. After all this little difference in tankiness in a poke that isn't all that tanky anyways makes you say that one is totally acceptable while one should not be accessable under any circumstances.

No you're asking me to be unreasonable which I am not going to do. In my entire 2500 hours of playing PRO over the last year and a half I've seen, not caught, only TWO mons that were 5x30 with correct nature. Staff mons were created to be a reward equivalent of 6 months of farming and they are considerably higher than that at the moment.