Staff pokes - Is this really what the PVP community wants?

Crokstar

Hello dear trainers and PvP players,

I would like to talk about a matter that for sure bothers many PvP players which tend to meet in higher stage pokes which are widly known as "Staff pokes". Many times when you meet these pokes you know it is gonna be hard. Usually the staff pokes are the really in meta pokes or even outbreaking meta like earlier talonflame and now the new legendary pokes.

I am glad that the community made a small step towards more competitive and fair Pvp battles and the alt usage has been slightly weakened to a more fair way.

Now lets take a closer look about how do we get a nicely rounded stat poke. We do it by hard farming with lots of patience depends on the pokemon rarity tier.

What is the percentage chance of getting a x6 31 IV poke. Well if i am correct it will be 1/31^6 to get sucha poke.

What does 31^6 mean? It means 1 per 887503681 chance you will obtain an epic epic poke. Well To be honest people have patience but also they have life so they are satisfied with lower IV pokes. ( Not to mention that there is also a 50% of miss sync so the percentage is even lower).

So as an example what happens when in Pvp lets say

a 30 speed garchomp meets a 31 speed garchomp. No doubt the 31 speed garchomp will happily smash dragon claw and take the win.

Well looking at this the word competitive pvp is a bit overshaded by the fact that a hard farming trainer with a weaker poke loses just because he met a automatically generated truly epic poke. That pushes the win to the trainer (staff player) which have this in meta or even outbreaking meta pokemon. Well The ladder means competitive battling with between the "epics" epicly average poke.

Lets look why does staff get these pokes. They get it for putting their time ingame. BUT players also put their time in game to FARM the pokes and i am sure that time input by staff is by all means less then farming a percentage chance of 1 per 887503681 pokemon.

Please remember that the PVP community are all trainers which would like to have as fair battle as it is possible.

So what should we do with this matter?

It is only my suggestion and up to discussion that the IV's on staff pokes should be weakened and the truly outbreaking pokes like legendaries should not be even included as a possibility to get it as staff poke like the base stat 600 pokes. A truly born under luck star player will obtain a lets say latios with x6 31 IV stats additionally with lets say a correct hidden power move.

Players also put ingame time to get the pokes, and they do appreciate that staff helps the game by doing staff job. It is hard to drop ourselves from the top position in community which means staff but if we really want a competitive battle game at some day, sometimes sacrifice is needed. I hope the top community people will at least think of this and even if nothing much will change they will try to by themselves be fair to other pvp players by not using pokes which a normal player will with a very high probability not obtain.

Crokstar.

Obsession about mindless possession.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, i can totally agree with what you said there, as players, we did not ask you staff to completely remove your hard work pokemon rewarded for your work in pro. Just make i somehow at the same level as us.

And a thing that was not mentioned before, i would like to remove so staff can`t no longer change their legendarie pokemons as they see fit for either bored, meta, etc. For exemple we can talk about Suhu player ( He had at first Cloyster & Talonflame generated pokes, then his cloyster was changed with a jirachi, now i even saw he changed a pokemon for latias or latios ) is this really cool xD.

Just because the meta changes or we are able to get a pokemon that previous was not in the game and now they want it to change to say make it more unique for them, its not our fault, i don`t say its yours, but take the facts in consideration.

If they really want to feel like they got something unique, generate them some of the most broken op pokemons in the game, but of course they can use it as pvp rules state ^_^. Or simply accept the weakened ivs of the pokemon and just choose one or two ( depending what work you did ) and those CANNOT be changed ever again. You chose latias and jirachi, you remain with this : ).

I think i stated what i wanted to say ^_^

nDuUcdB7RIaY5oWlyXS9ww.png

The staff spawned Pokemon were about to be banned. However, as a temporary measure I nerfed them to only 1 per team because people were using several altered Pokemon in a same battle which is not cool. If IV is to be limited the best would be to limit Speed IV because everyone aims to have a max speed decent Pokemon as a reward.

As long as there are those that remember what was, there will always be those that are unable to accept what can be.

Last time I changed it for someone was changing to an UBER tier Pokemon which is banned in ranked battle. I am not a fan of changing the reward especially when they want it to change to something that will match current meta. I will bring this matter up to Rider and tell him not to change anymore unless reasoning is good and valid.

As long as there are those that remember what was, there will always be those that are unable to accept what can be.

What about the thing that they can change it wherever they want ? Will you work something against this aswell ^_^ ?

Staff could never just switch whenever they wanted. They can switch however there are (rather lengthy) cooldown periods at best - if a request to switch was put through. Also, staff can have up to 2 staff Pokemon if they have worked for over 12 months with a high level of commitment and workload/ethic, this may be where you are seeing the "switching whenever they want" come into play, when in fact they actually have two rewards, not just the one.

ZUtC0zO.png

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share the question on forums, as this can then be of use to others. Please use proper forum when posting. Unsolicited messages will be trashed. Thanks.

Yes am very aware of that, there was not my intention to miss place that fact. And speaking of term limits you can do i guess as you please and choose a period yourself, or make 3 periods of time and ask community what they want in a pool, myself i want to see a limit of 6 months or around that. ^_^. Most of us pretty much know wich staff have what in term of staff pokes also

nDuUcdB7RIaY5oWlyXS9ww.png

And a thing that was not mentioned before, i would like to remove so staff can`t no longer change their legendarie pokemons as they see fit for either bored, meta, etc. For exemple we can talk about Suhu player ( He had at first Cloyster & Talonflame generated pokes, then his cloyster was changed with a jirachi, now i even saw he changed a pokemon for latias or latios )

Cloyster had to be changed into Jirachi, as the rule on staff rewards is 1 legend + 1 non-legend. I picked Cloyster (non-legend) without knowing, plus given that I already have talonflame (non-legend)

tumblr_m7tyyaYuDK1r99f4t.gif

We can't change our staff rewards whenever we want like you say. We already limited ourselves to pokemon that were available for everyone in PVP, if your team isnt ready to face them then the problem doesn't come from our pokemon. Talking about a competitiv environment atm when the meta is the same since one year is a joke, every top players are spamming the same pokemon to get to the top and you can't denie it.

I'll take myself as an exemple: back when i was in blaze i had already 2 staffmons and was using them in ranked but it never bothered much people there, now that i left the guild seems like everyone is against it, isnt this some kind of huge hypocrisy ? Ik that you always been against it Crock but i'm talking about an overall reaction. Some people got pokemon that look exactly like my staffmon (already saw 28+ raikou hp ice and such) so this isnt impossible to get them. If staff rewards were as broken as you try to make it look like we'd be unbeatable, yet im not even in ladder right now.

While you farm your pokemon we are handling the game, working on content, on moderation, on teaching new moderators how to work and such. We chosed to do this because we love the game, i stopped counting hours i spends looking at list of names to ban or moderating but having to deal with dramas like this on daily basis is just motivation killing to do anything. Those are rewards for our work and we are free to use them like we want. We already did rules to limit how we use them and those rules were fine (less than 600 base stats, no ubers, they should be available to all players so you should be ready to face them). This reminds me of all the topics we had like "Ban talonflame / ban azumarill", if you get sweep by one it doesnt mean it gots to be banned, improve instead of trying to get it banned. I'm using serperior which is totally walled by the most used pokemon atm in pvp aka talonflame.

We got our reward policy and we are handling it alone. I don't see why players should have something to say about it or any rights to amend it. Our rewards are for our hard work, noone can handle 6 or a year of staffing without working hard and being passionated.

I'm getting tired to see people attacking each and every staff that are trying to enjoy their reward. No i won't stop using my serperior or raikou, i already stopped using both in the same team but that is all. If we want to change our reward we will.

MXXz2RI.gif?2

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share the question on the forums due to being of use to others. Please use proper forum.

Unsolicited messages will be garbodored. Thanks. I still love you if you pm me

PS: all staff that copied my signature are all fanboys

ITS MY BIRTHDAY