Transferring Pokemon Across Servers

Irafayel

Fair warning, rant incoming.

What the fudge were you thinking?

Under what criteria are we allowed to transfer Pokemon across servers? There was no announcement what so ever of it ever happening. There wasn't even a discussion of the possibility of it happening. Yet it has happened and no one knows when (nope, not even the members of staff that i asked).

Let's take Shiny pokemon prices and Coin Capsule prices to paint a clearer picture of why this is an issue, to explain just how much of a difference there is between the server economies (the severs in question being Red and Yellow, as I do not know of any transfers involving Blue server).

On average, CC in Red server is 380-400k. On Yellows, its 600k. [glow=blue]Thats a 1.5x increase in price compared to Red server. 150%.[/glow] This also means that its that much easier to get cash on Yellow. In other words, Pokemon can be sold for more on Yellow. It's not rocket science.

Right, shiny pokemon. Let's use the recently concluded Staff Shiny auctions on both servers (conveniently, both auctions were composed of the same shiny pokemon on sale, albeit with different natures, abilities and iv spreads). First up, [glow=red]Shiny Chimchar[/glow].

Red server auction had a neutral nature Chimchar having 4 ivs under 10 and no hidden ability. It was sold for this much,

xHrvshW.png

The Yellow server Chimchar also had a negative nature (bold), a better iv spread AND HIDDEN ABILITY. Hidden ability on a shiny tier 9. That alone should be enough to hike the price up to stratospheric amounts (based on usual red server prices). But lets look at what it sold for on yellow.

OeW9YZG.png

A glorious 5m. Thats almost 25% of the price paid on red for the same shiny without hidden ability. So, so far, CC is 1.5x more on Yellow, but shinies are almost 4x cheaper. But we've only compared the prices of one particular shiny.

For the sake of shortening this post, ill just list the prices each pokemon sold for on each server at this point. I felt chimchar was significant considering even with HA it was sold for so much less.

[glow=red]Shiny Turtwig[/glow]

Red Server (All ivs under 10, timid nature) - sold for 16m

Yellow server (15+ ivs except speed, viable Quiet nature) - sold for 6.8m

[glow=blue]Thats almost 2.5x less than red with it being barely pvp viable.[/glow]

[glow=red]Shiny Lapras[/glow]

In this case both were pretty similarly nonviable, with red server lappy having a lonely nature and yellow a neutral nautre)

Red Server - Sold for 18.5m

Yellow Server - sold for 9.3m

[glow=blue]Thats 2.0x less on Yellow.[/glow] Dont forget, this is with cash being easier to get on yellow as well.

[glow=red]Shiny Oshawott[/glow]

Red Server - Sold for 17m

Yellow Server - Sold for 7.1m

[glow=blue]Almost 2.5x more on Red again.[/glow]

[glow=red]Shiny Treecko[/glow]

Red Server - Sold for 23m

Yellow Server - Sold for 7.5m

[glow=blue]Yellow server 3x cheaper than Red.[/glow]

[glow=red]Shiny Fennekin[/glow]

Red Server - Sold for 33m

Yellow Server - Sold for 12m

[glow=blue]Again, almost 3x cheaper on Yellow.[/glow]

[glow=red]Shiny Beldum[/glow]

Red Server - Sold for 32.5m

Yellow Server - Sold for 17.6m

[glow=blue]2x cheaper on Yellow[/glow]

[glow=red]Shiny Snivy[/glow]

Red Server - Sold for 22m

Yellow Server - Sold for 12m

[glow=blue]Almost 2x cheaper on Yellow[/glow]

[glow=red]Shiny Deino[/glow]

Red Server - Sold for 40m

Yellow Server - Sold for 6m

[glow=blue]A whopping 6.5x cheaper on Yellow.[/glow] Yes the Deino on red had really nice IVs but the nature, relaxed, left a lot to be desired.

[glow=red]Shiny Goomy[/glow]

Red Server - Sold for 27.5m

Yellow Server - Sold for 5m

[glow=blue]Another 5x difference between the two servers[/glow]

[glow=red]Shiny Piplup[/glow]

Red Server - Sold for 25m

Yellow Server - Sold for 12.5m

[glow=blue]2x more on Yellow[/glow]

Right so thats about it i think, from the auctions. To make it easier to see, lets look at the cheapest and more expensive pokemon sold on Red and Yellow.

[glow=red]Red Server[/glow]

Cheapest - 17m

Most Expensive - 40m

[glow=yellow]Yellow Server[/glow]

Cheapest - 5m

Most Expensive - 17.6m

Need i say more? The most expensive purchase on Yellow only barely beats the cheapest on Red... Lets add CC into the equation. Based on today's prices (this is fair as we take today's prices for both servers). If i wanted to buy a Pokemon from the Yellow auction, selling 10 CC at 600k each would have been more than enough. I would have easily been able to buy at least one pokemon from the Auction (I am by no means suggesting selling CC is the only way to make money and purchase rare pokemon, I am simply using this as an example to show the difference in the servers).

Lets try sell some CC on Red to buy the cheapest poke that was sold. At 400k each, I need to sell at least 43 CC on Red to buy the cheapest pokemon at 17m.

[glow=blue]43 CC vs 10 CC.[/glow]

And now these 10 CC shinies are on Red server, where for the same pokemon Red server players put in a considerable more effort to acquire them.

But Red Server has been around longer! If you want to use this argument it only reinforces the fact that you cant throw in pokemon from a newer economy into one that is older. Besides, hasn't Yellow had a a bigger player base for longer now?

But this is the only way to "merge" the servers and ensure a bigger, more active player base on a single server! Adjust for inflation (god only knows how), and we gucci.

But we are experimenting possible ways to merge the servers! This isn't set in stone! I'm not buying this. Some of these transferred pokemon have already been traded in game, not something you can do with pokemon you are "experimenting" with.

I'll ask again, what were you thinking?

mLcUOgl - Imgur.png

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've merged revo's account yesterday and I also did the same for several people in past such as former admin Chappy, it is doable, with certain stuff lost but it is doable. I did it for people who contributed to the project this way or another. It was just account transfer from one server to another. It was not an automated process. I did it manually.

Our current agenda is to merge yellow and red server for obvious reasons. Shane himself confirmed the same.

As long as there are those that remember what was, there will always be those that are unable to accept what can be.

I've merged revo's account yesterday and I also did the same for several people in past, it is doable, with certain stuff lost but it is doable. I did it for people who contributed to the project this way or another. It was just account transfer from one server to another. It was not an automated process. I did it manually.

Our current agenda is to merge yellow and red server for obvious reasons. Shane himself confirmed the same.

I think you're doing a lovely job man. Keep up the good work. The merge between Yellow and Red will really bring new faces and improve the currently lacking playerbase. :y:

I've merged revo's account yesterday and I also did the same for several people in past such as former admin Chappy, it is doable, with certain stuff lost but it is doable. I did it for people who contributed to the project this way or another. It was just account transfer from one server to another. It was not an automated process. I did it manually.

Shane himself is working on a different game that is looking all the more attractive right now (for obvious reasons).

Couldn't you have at least looked at a way to deal with the inflation? There is such an obvious, huge difference on prices between Red and Yellow, and you are just going to throw it altogether? You of all people should know how volatile this is....

I know you only want whats best for the game, but if you aren't careful what you may think is the solution may only end up killing it faster. There are so many players on red that farmed/traded for months to buy an epic pvp poke or shiny, now some player on Yellow that sold 5 CC's he bought through his dad's card is going to have the same or better pokemon that the guy that worked tonnes harder. Even the kid on Red that bought and sold CC is going be pissed when he finds out the Yellow kid spent 4x less. Pissed will then turn into IDGF about this game, ima go play that fancy new one, where everything actually works.

mLcUOgl - Imgur.png