PvP Suggestion

Dakivid

So, first, I'd ask you guys to read this and I also ask you guys to post opinions/ideas/suggestion about the topic in the comments below or PM them to me on Discord and I might add them to this thread.

Discord: dakivid#8526

I want to thank my guild, NoMercy, for helping me out with some ideas and opinions about my own ones.

1) Rewards! - We want to change the rewards and the usage of the rewards a bit. This would encourage new PvP-Players to start laddering and it would encourage the top players to ladder more than before.

• Good, useable and unique rewards for the best player on the ladder for each season. - Examples: Special Pokémons, Items, etc.

• Better usage of the PvP-Coins. - (Memberships, Black Medallions, Cheaper Legendary Mounts - (Reducing the prices by around 100 PvP-Coins., etc.)

• Reward players with extremely good W/L-Rates. - Give them extra PvP-Coins, Special and unique items, etc.

2) Changes to the current PvP-System! - We know, that some of them are probably not able to be added, due to scripting issues etc., but we still decided to put them into the list.

• Forfeit Button - This would stop endless battles or players who get stucked in PvP-Battles, for some reason.

• (OPTIONAL): An option for Guilds to not face each other. - Would stop people to boost other players in their guild. (I know the people can just leave the guild aswell, that's why we decided to put it as optional.)

• Rejoining PvP-Battles. - We don't really know if this is able to be added, but we think that this would be so useful, because random dc's with no reason at all happen pretty frequently and it would be nice if you had around 30 seconds to one minute to rejoin.

But, the following suggestions would be a great start for a way better PvP-System, at least in out opinion.

• Players don't face others below a big ladder differential. - I know, most of you guys reading this here, have most likely already played PvP and you might even got to ladder. And you probably know aswell, that it's pretty annoying to face a low rating player (1-50 for example) when you have around 300+ Rating. That's why we think that this has to be changed.

• (OPTIONAL): Rating decay over time. - We put this as optional, because we got a lot of different opinions about this. Basically, this means that you drop ratings if you haven't played PvP in for example 5 days.

3) Fixing the most annoying bugs! (OPTIONAL) - For some of them it was already said, that they aren't that easy to fix, because it is very hard to code it. We added them just in case they might be able to be changed in the future.

• Adding or Fixing Moves like: Pursuit (Doesn't get extra damage when Pokémon are switched out), Volt Switch/U-Turn (You have to select your switch-in before the move deals damage)

• Choice Item Bugs:

1) Choice Scarf has to be activated before it gets the speed boost

2) Choice Specs/Band critical hits deal the same damage as hits without a crit.

• Dry Skin: Scald burns the target with Dry Skin, although the target gets healed.

• Requested Abilities/Moves to be fixed/coded:

1) Mold Breaker

2) Drain Punch

3) Overcoat

4) Liquid Ooze

5) Healing Wish

6) Clear Smog

7) Encore

8) Unaware

9) Return (BP should be maximum all the time because they lose happiness while fainting in PvP)

• Requested Items to be added:

1) Rocky Helmet

This would be the whole suggestion from NoMercy and myself. I hope we get some opinions about this post or new suggestions from you guys.

I want to thank the following people who helped me with this here out: YuronLee, ThePokeMaestro, Heroofthestreet, njnp, Jorogumo, Belzebel, sgt bianco, Drigor, CrownOfHaxorus and teerav. Please remind me if i forgot anyone.

Thank you for reading. :thanks:

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree...everything is well explained,good job guys.

Some things that I would add:

Cancel Button - Important if you change your mind,or simply over a missclick.

Timer - Should decrease every turn depending on how long you take to make a move.It would get rid of time stalling,another big problem in PvP.

But sadly,we all know nothing is gonna happen.

Married to Shaymin

hQm6q6C.png

One thing I want to see is the most forgotten PvP item: the Shed Shell

Magnezone and Dugtrio are becoming more and more common, and without team preview it makes these Pokemon much harder to play around, but the Shed Shell would give people the option of giving up their item in turn for not being able to be trapped.

There's other PvP items I'd like to see as well, such as Rocky Helmet, but I think Shed Shell is one of the big ones that should definitely be implemented.

[glow=red]- Examples: Special Pokémons, Items, etc.[/glow]

But please no high IV Pokes, that would suck imo because ladder player will be even more stronger.

[glow=red]- Reward players with extremely good W/L-Rates[/glow]

But not players with 7 wins 0 loses at the end of season plz.

[glow=red]- Players don't face others below a big ladder differential[/glow]

Better a match then no match imo, at the end its (usually) a free win and a free pvp coin, sucks more for the low elo player :shrug:

[glow=red]- Rating decay over time.[/glow]

Just why? Sometimes PRO sucks and you want to play a other game or sometimes you have a RL.

[glow=red]- Fixing the most annoying bugs! (OPTIONAL)[/glow]

No, not optional, fix that things. Waterfall can flintch waterabsorb Pokes, I still cant see when a sandstorn is active or not without chat, I wont be protected when I get attacket by Bounce while using Protect. Just to name a few other things.

Of course I'm talking to myself, sometimes I have to talk with an intelligent person.

rsz_62121-spirited-away-spirited-away-wallpaper.jpg.22bf8ec0e46dcc230985953ff28f41ce.jpg

Picture

TP4L

[glow=red]- Examples: Special Pokémons, Items, etc.[/glow]

But please no high IV Pokes, that would suck imo because ladder player will be even more stronger.

[glow=red]- Reward players with extremely good W/L-Rates[/glow]

But not players with 7 wins 0 loses at the end of season plz.

[glow=red]- Players don't face others below a big ladder differential[/glow]

Better a match then no match imo, at the end its (usually) a free win and a free pvp coin, sucks more for the low elo player :shrug:

[glow=red]- Rating decay over time.[/glow]

Just why? Sometimes PRO sucks and you want to play a other game or sometimes you have a RL.

[glow=red]- Fixing the most annoying bugs! (OPTIONAL)[/glow]

No, not optional, fix that things. Waterfall can flintch waterabsorb Pokes, I still cant see when a sandstorn is active or not without chat, I wont be protected when I get attacket by Bounce while using Protect. Just to name a few other things.

Rating decay/W-L-Ratio:

They are intended to affect high rating players only. Examples:

If you don't play for 1 week+ you'll lose rating over time.

51-1 in Top 25.