"Team Preview" for a better PvP system.

Naoizdabest

Interesting yet uncompetitive

????????????????

It's unprofessional and just flat out sloppy to mix generation mechanics

It's your opinion, respect others.

And he's not being condescending at all' date=' just talking facts.[/quote']

What? Assuming that I haven't even play competitive without knowing me at all is "talking facts" and "not condescending at all"? Excuse me? Is this discussion real? Please, just, please. When you don't know someone, you don't assume thing, that's all.

Allow me to clarify since you responded with "????????????????". You said the generation 4 metagame was interesting and I am agreeing with you but I am also saying it is not competitive without team preview. If you are confused by that then I don't know what else to say.

"It's your opinion, respect others." It my opinion along with many others and I believe you should respect it as well. I haven't expressed any disrespect towards any other opinions, I am just simply refuting them. Disrespect and refutation are two different things sir.

And regarding your last comment. Nobody assumed that you know nothing about competitive Pokemon. He claimed that it is a possibility that you have little to none experience. He didn't openly say "You have no experience with competitive mons". This discussion is very real and you seem to be bothered by the fact that you're one of the only people who disagree with adding a mechanic to PRO that will revolutionize PvP.

Cheers...

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting yet uncompetitive

????????????????

It's unprofessional and just flat out sloppy to mix generation mechanics

And he's not being condescending at all' date=' just talking facts.[/quote']

What? Assuming that I haven't even play competitive without knowing me at all is "talking facts" and "not condescending at all"? Excuse me? Is this discussion real? Please, just, please. When you don't know someone, you don't assume thing, that's all.

Allow me to clarify since you responded with "????????????????". You said the generation 4 metagame was interesting and I am agreeing with you but I am also saying it is not competitive without team preview. If you are confused by that then I don't know what else to say.

"It's your opinion, respect others." It my opinion along with many others and I believe you should respect it as well. I haven't expressed any disrespect towards any other opinions, I am just simply refuting them. Disrespect and refutation are two different things sir.

And regarding your last comment. Nobody assumed that you know nothing about competitive Pokemon. He claimed that it is a possibility that you have little to none experience. He didn't openly say "You have no experience with competitive mons". This discussion is very real and you seem to be bothered by the fact that you're one of the only people who disagree with adding a mechanic to PRO that will revolutionize PvP.

Cheers...

You mean that 4G wasn't competitive because team preview didn't exist? Tell me if I'm wrong. I disagree but I can understand.

I respect every opinions, it was not my point.

"He claimed that it is a possibility that you have little to none experience." Without knowing me at all, kinda disrespectful in my opinion. But as I said, he probably didn't want to mean that.

Anyway, I'm not saying that team preview is a good or bad thing, it would for sure revolutionize PvP, but I prefer to play without it because it's a part of the unique PRO meta.

Cheers!

Stream ON :

????????????????

Cheers...

You mean that 4G wasn't competitive because team preview didn't exist? Tell me if I'm wrong. I disagree but I can understand.

I respect every opinions, it was not my point.

"He claimed that it is a possibility that you have little to none experience." Without knowing me at all, kinda disrespectful in my opinion. But as I said, he probably didn't want to mean that.

Anyway, I'm not saying that team preview is a good or bad thing, it would for sure revolutionize PvP, but I prefer to play without it because it's a part of the unique PRO meta.

Cheers!

4th gen was only played hardcore because of the introduction of other people abilities and items like every other gen. Once Team view was implemented you shoulda seen the boom that caused in the pvp player base..wow.. it wwas crazy and ever since then it was by far the best thing they have added to competitive pvp and on top of it there was hardly ANY complaints. Also I was not basing you about your pvp knowledge I was just making a statement.

4K82h71.png

Team preview is absolutely essential. It can't be stressed enough how much of a fundamental part it is in competitive pokemon. For anyone making the argument of "Oh it ruins the surprise", well, the surprise was never ment to be there to begin with. It's ment to be COMPETITIVE not "fun surprises". You have a casual , none-ranked ladder if you do not wish to be competitive. You are completely ignorant to how competitive pokemon works if you for a second think no team preview is better, this isn't a case of opinion.

When it's impossible to know what threats or walls your opponent has in the back, your play becomes guesswork. You have nothing to base your sacrifice decisions off of, you have no way of knowing which wall of yours is important and which is expendable etc. The list goes on, i could literally write a book on this.

BAD FOR THE META: I also believe this is why the meta tends to be extremely stally and slow on PRO (This is definitely the trend on higher ratings); You have no way of knowing what your opponent has, so you need to try and cover all of your bases with tanks and walls as best as you can to be successful. This is damaging to the meta and makes a lot of archetypes much less viable.

As for "it's not possible to code" I highly doubt this is actually the case, it sounds more like a lazy excuse. I'm sure there's some kind of workaround or magic that could be done to implement it, even if it took a bit of work. If not, i'd like to hear from someone who'd know and give the technicalities.

I really like PRO and pvp is my thing, and I hope this wont just get shrugged off as "yeah whatever maybe" cause it truly is a huge part of pvp.

Team preview is absolutely essential. It can't be stressed enough how much of a fundamental part it is in competitive pokemon. For anyone making the argument of "Oh it ruins the surprise", well, the surprise was never ment to be there to begin with. It's ment to be COMPETITIVE not "fun surprises". You have a casual , none-ranked ladder if you do not wish to be competitive. You are completely ignorant to how competitive pokemon works if you for a second think no team preview is better, this isn't a case of opinion.

When it's impossible to know what threats or walls your opponent has in the back, your play becomes guesswork. You have nothing to base your sacrifice decisions off of, you have no way of knowing which wall of yours is important and which is expendable etc. The list goes on, i could literally write a book on this.

BAD FOR THE META: I also believe this is why the meta tends to be extremely stally and slow on PRO (This is definitely the trend on higher ratings); You have no way of knowing what your opponent has, so you need to try and cover all of your bases with tanks and walls as best as you can to be successful. This is damaging to the meta and makes a lot of archetypes much less viable.

As for "it's not possible to code" I highly doubt this is actually the case, it sounds more like a lazy excuse. I'm sure there's some kind of workaround or magic that could be done to implement it, even if it took a bit of work. If not, i'd like to hear from someone who'd know and give the technicalities.

I really like PRO and pvp is my thing, and I hope this wont just get shrugged off as "yeah whatever maybe" cause it truly is a huge part of pvp.

You must be fun at parties.

"It's ment to be COMPETITIVE not "fun surprises"

> I don't get it. Surprises doesn't mean uncompetitive. When someone uses a move you didn't expect, it's a surprise, right? When someone set-up when you expected a switch, it's a surprise, right?

"You have a casual , none-ranked ladder if you do not wish to be competitive. You are completely ignorant to how competitive pokemon works if you for a second think no team preview is better, this isn't a case of opinion."

> Team viewer is not better or worst, it's just different. Please respect other ppl, it's a case of opinion.

"When it's impossible to know what threats or walls your opponent has in the back, your play becomes guesswork. You have nothing to base your sacrifice decisions off of, you have no way of knowing which wall of yours is important and which is expendable etc."

> With team viewer you don't know what threats or walls your opponent before the battle start, so it's just a question of building a good team in my opinion.

TL;DR : Metagame with team preview is not better or worst than metagame without it, it's just different. You don't have to tell ppl they're bad at PvP if they don't agree with you.

Stream ON :

> I don't get it. Surprises doesn't mean uncompetitive. When someone uses a move you didn't expect, it's a surprise, right? When someone set-up when you expected a switch, it's a surprise, right?

"You have a casual , none-ranked ladder if you do not wish to be competitive. You are completely ignorant to how competitive pokemon works if you for a second think no team preview is better, this isn't a case of opinion."

> Team viewer is not better or worst, it's just different. Please respect other ppl, it's a case of opinion.

"When it's impossible to know what threats or walls your opponent has in the back, your play becomes guesswork. You have nothing to base your sacrifice decisions off of, you have no way of knowing which wall of yours is important and which is expendable etc."

> With team viewer you don't know what threats or walls your opponent before the battle start, so it's just a question of building a good team in my opinion.

TL;DR : Metagame with team preview is not better or worst than metagame without it, it's just different. You don't have to tell ppl they're bad at PvP if they don't agree with you.

It's clear you have no clue of competitive battling. Voicing your opinion is fine, sure, but when you're this ignorant on the topic it only makes you look stupid. I would stop embarrassing myself if I were you.

>>I don't get it. Surprises doesn't mean uncompetitive. When someone uses a move you didn't expect, it's a surprise, right? When someone set-up when you expected a switch, it's a surprise, right?

No. It's hilarious how dense this argument even is. Pokemon have access to exactly 4 moves, and some and some are much more common and ran more than others. Sacrificing one of the "standard" moves for a surprise is indeed a thing, but when doing this you sacrifice something else. This is taken into account when you build your team and decide on your sets; With team preview you can see what kind of team your opponent has and make an educated guess on what set your opponent is running. Oh my opponent has no stealth rock setter, except for ferrothorn? It probaby runs rocks.

The "Surprise" that i (and others who get this;) am referring to is something more like: We are left in a 3v3 situation. I have a talonflame, gengar and scarfed excadrill left. Talonflame is on the field, he has a arcanine on the field. I don't know his remainder pokemon. How do you proceed? do you swords dance with talon? He might have a wall left. Do i switch into excadrill and earthquake, locking myself into it? he might have a flying type / levitater in the back. I'm not gonna write this scenario out but you should catch the point. It's a complete coin toss based on nothing what your play should be, whereas if you knew he has a magnezone and a chandelure in the back, you'd just sac off talon and proceed to win with exca EQs.

If someone manages to setup on you when you expect a switch, you better have a backup plan; Either this or you simply got outplayed. Completely irrelevant to the topic and poor example.

>> Team viewer is not better or worst, it's just different. Please respect other ppl, it's a case of opinion.

False. For competitive purposes, it's for the better. Even if the sun was blue "in your opinion", it doesn't make it true. Sorry.

>>With team viewer you don't know what threats or walls your opponent before the battle start, so it's just a question of building a good team in my opinion.

Ofcourse you don't know that, but that's not the point at all. I don't know wether you're just missing the point super hard here, but it's clear you should probably stop commenting on this matter.

Edit: For the record i'm quite the party monster bruh

It's clear you have no clue of competitive battling. Voicing your opinion is fine, sure, but when you're this ignorant on the topic it only makes you look stupid. I would stop embarrassing myself if I were you.

>>I don't get it. Surprises doesn't mean uncompetitive. When someone uses a move you didn't expect, it's a surprise, right? When someone set-up when you expected a switch, it's a surprise, right?

No. It's hilarious how dense this argument even is. Pokemon have access to exactly 4 moves, and some and some are much more common and ran more than others. Sacrificing one of the "standard" moves for a surprise is indeed a thing, but when doing this you sacrifice something else. This is taken into account when you build your team and decide on your sets; With team preview you can see what kind of team your opponent has and make an educated guess on what set your opponent is running. Oh my opponent has no stealth rock setter, except for ferrothorn? It probaby runs rocks.

The "Surprise" that i (and others who get this;) am referring to is something more like: We are left in a 3v3 situation. I have a talonflame, gengar and scarfed excadrill left. Talonflame is on the field, he has a arcanine on the field. I don't know his remainder pokemon. How do you proceed? do you swords dance with talon? He might have a wall left. Do i switch into excadrill and earthquake, locking myself into it? he might have a flying type / levitater in the back. I'm not gonna write this scenario out but you should catch the point. It's a complete coin toss based on nothing what your play should be, whereas if you knew he has a magnezone and a chandelure in the back, you'd just sac off talon and proceed to win with exca EQs.

If someone manages to setup on you when you expect a switch, you better have a backup plan; Either this or you simply got outplayed. Completely irrelevant to the topic and poor example.

>> Team viewer is not better or worst, it's just different. Please respect other ppl, it's a case of opinion.

False. For competitive purposes, it's for the better. Even if the sun was blue "in your opinion", it doesn't make it true. Sorry.

>>With team viewer you don't know what threats or walls your opponent before the battle start, so it's just a question of building a good team in my opinion.

Ofcourse you don't know that, but that's not the point at all. I don't know wether you're just missing the point super hard here, but it's clear you should probably stop commenting on this matter.

Edit: For the record i'm quite the party monster bruh

Well said.