Regarding effect spore in pvp

Darksun20

The ability doesn't seem to be banned or a reportable offense to use a mon with it...but what happens when your mon accidently sleeps the opposing mon while another is under the condition?

I read the rules and I'm confused by it. Is it a reportable offense or not? if it is..then that seems very contradictory to the sleep clause rules. It's not the user's fault that an ability with a random effect happens to sleep another mon. They can't control that or stop it from happening.

So why not just ban the ability?

As the sleep clause rule states, the opponent needs to intentionally trying to get a 2nd sleep with effect spore, and if you report it you need proof he was trying to do that. If effect spore just happens to cause a 2nd sleep and you werent trying to cause it then you're fine.

magmah6sx0.png

That doesn't make any sense. How can you tell someone is trying to do that? you can't just try to attempt to sleep a mon when the ability is totally random. There is no way to intentionally attempt that when something like a vileplume should be used to take some fighting type physical hits anyways thanks to it's natural bulk and typing. The ability just does it's magic either you wanted to or not.

Edited by Darksun20

I think the rule regarding effect spore is totally stupid as Darksun20 stated.Vileplume or Amoonguss can always come in on physical attackers and if effect spore activates then it's not your fault at all.

Effect spore ignores sleep clause in real games and in showdown,so getting a second pokemon asleep because of this ability should be completely allowed.Just like Rest.

In my opinion,that sub-rule should be removed.

• Like 1

Married to Shaymin

hQm6q6C.png

It is out of a players control to decide what effect Spore is gonna do.

As long as you are not using sleeping move on to 2 pokemon at the same time you should be good :)

But there is a sub rule that states it is reportable if someone intends to try and sleep 2 mons with the ability but that is near impossible to attempt since it's random, and you can't just assume the person tried to do it on purpose. The rule should be eliminated or ban the ability altogether to avoid something like that happening.

• Like 1