Mini Bosses

Noxious

spacer.png

⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯

Fundorte von Lugia/Ho-oh GS/SS | Pokémon Wiki | Fandom

spacer.png

⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯

Mini bosses have a random cooldown between one and four days and the availability can be checked in the bottom left house of Lavender Town by Mystic Meg, or in the house right next to the Costume Mart on the top left in Ecruteak City by Mystic Mog. Mini Bosses are a thing to get the caught data from Pokemon that are currently not catchable.

spacer.png

⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯

▹ Hoenn Champion

spacer.png

⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯

Mewtwo

Mewtwo sprite

spacer.png

⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯

▹ Cerulean Cave B1F

spacer.png

⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯

▹ Mewtwo Obtained Data

▹ 4.000 - 8.000 Pokédollar

▹ TM54 - Calm Mind (1), Psychic Gem (4-8), Leftovers (1), Rare Candy (1-3), PP Up (1-3), Revival Herb (1)

image.png.7a71aa16a55baf85b8048c4d0e076f2f.png

Ho-Oh

Ho-oh sprite

spacer.png

⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯

▹ Bell Tower Roof

spacer.png

⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯

▹ Ho-Oh Obtained Data

▹ Pearl (3-5), Stardust (3-5), Tiny Mushroom (3-5), Ultra Ball (3-5), Focus Sash (3-5), Rare Candy (3-5), PP Up (3-5), Elixir (3-5), Full Restore (3-5), Revival Herb (3-5), Revive (3-5)

spacer.png

Lugia

Lugia sprite

spacer.png

⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯

▹ Whirl Islands B4F

spacer.png

⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯

▹ Lugia Obtained Data

▹ TM29 - Psychic (1), Leftovers (1), Rare Candy (1-2), PP Up (1-2), Revival Herb (2-4), Elixir (2-4)

image.png.a308e8960245c9ffb37cc9401a1211b0.png

Rayquaza

Rayquaza sprite

spacer.png

⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯

▹ Sky Pillar 6F

spacer.png

⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯

▹ Rayquaza Obtained Data

▹ TM52 - Dragon Claw (1), Dragon Gem (4-8), Focus Sash (1-3), Rare Candy (1-3), PP Up (1-3), Revival Herb (1)

spacer.png

Kyogre

Kyogre sprite

spacer.png

⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯

▹ Marine Cave End

(Cave of Origin B3F, Sootopolis City)

spacer.png

⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯

▹ Kyogre Obtained Data

▹ TM68 - Rain Dance (1), Water Gem (4-8), Leftovers (1), Rare Candy (1-3), PP Up (1-3), Revival Herb (1)

image.png.f3bd47d30fbbc398c1ef1aa499ceff76.png

Groudon

Groudon sprite

spacer.png

⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯

▹ Terra Cave End

(Cave of Origin B3F, Sootopolis City)

spacer.png

⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯

▹ Groudon Obtained Data

▹ TM38 - Fire Blast (1), Fire Gem (4-8), Focus Sash (1-3), Rare Candy (1-3), PP Up (1-3), Revival Herb (1)

image.png.0d32db0ae86f07f5a9720072fcf714f6.png

spacer.png

⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯

Gyarados does well against all of the listed Mini Bosses, but Primal Kyogre. Ferrothorn can also beat and wear down bulkier Mini Bosses such as Primal Kyogre and Lugia with Leech Seed. Reflect and Light Screen support can also help the attackers to survive the hits of the legendary Pokémon better. Prankster Thunder Wave is also nice to cripple the opponents speed stat. Chansey walls all of the Mini Bosses above and can wear them down with Toxic.

spacer.png

⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯

Step slowly on the following marked spots: (without a mount)

Groudon Mini Boss:

Groudon.png

Kyogre Mini Boss:

Kyogre.png

Lugia Mini Boss:

Lugia.png

spacer.png

⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯

#1 - 3rd June 2018 - Updated to correct rewards

#2 - 18th September 2018 - Added ways to debug non-appearing Mini Bosses

#3 - 18th September 2018 - Fixed the formatting and updated Mini Bosses

• Like 1

spacer.png

General Support | Bug Resolution Center | Punishment Policy

Do not contact staff members for private support. Use the proper sub-forum so others can share their knowledge and help.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great guide

Thank you very much

I think the requirements for some of them may need to be clarified

it didnt work because there is a rayquaza on top of sky pillar ofter beating the moon thing.

you have to battle that one first

https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/index.php?threads/rayquaza-mini-boss-didnt-worked.95724/post-542078

from what Thor said, we have to beat the old legendary pokes first, if the new mini boss is at the same place

then the new mini bosses would appear (assuming after reentering the map)

Lugia does not have this problem

but Ho-Oh and Rayquaza do

I'm sure they are at the exact same places as the old one

can't remember does Mewtwo the same too

Kyogre and Groudon mini bosses are at the same places as Maxie and Archie bosses

I think we have to battle with Maxie and Archie first, with 100 hours hoenn playtime

no matter win or lose, they would disappear forever

then I assume the 2 mini bosses would appear after reentering the map

Great guide

Thank you very much

https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/index.php?threads/rayquaza-mini-boss-didnt-worked.95724/post-542078

from what Thor said, we have to beat the old legendary pokes first, if the new mini boss is at the same place

Kyogre and Groudon mini bosses are at the same places as Maxie and Archie bosses

I think we have to battle with Maxie and Archie first, with 100 hours hoenn playtime

I can confirm that some of the old Legendary Pokemon need to have been fought in order to challenge the mini-bosses. Otherwise, the mini-boss simply won't appear. This doesn't apply to all mini bosses though,

For instance, the Steel-Mewtwo mini boss won't appear if you haven't yet defeated Mewtwo in Cerulean Cave B1F for his original dex data.

The same goes for the Mega Rayquaza mini boss on Sky Pillar 6F; if you haven't already defeated the Rayquaza that Jackson battles with in the middle of the Hoenn story, the mini boss won't appear for you either.

I would assume Primal Kyogre and Primal Groudon mini bosses are affected in the same way, where they won't appear if you haven't defeated the Aqua and Magma Leaders for Hoenn story yet. I haven't tested it though.

Also, I obtained 4 PP Ups from the Lugia mini boss!

I can confirm that some of the old Legendary Pokemon need to have been fought in order to challenge the mini-bosses. Otherwise, the mini-boss simply won't appear. This doesn't apply to all mini bosses though,

The same goes for the Mega Rayquaza mini boss on Sky Pillar 6F; if you haven't already defeated the Rayquaza that Jackson battles with in the middle of the Hoenn story, the mini boss won't appear for you either.

-snap

thank you for confirming that:RowletHeart:

for Rayquaza, I remember there is another old Rayquaza standing at there after I beat hoenn e4

therefore that one is not part of the story

it's for Rayquaza seen dex

Great guide

Thank you very much

For instance, the Steel-Mewtwo mini boss won't appear if you haven't yet defeated Mewtwo in Cerulean Cave B1F for his original dex data.

I would assume Primal Kyogre and Primal Groudon mini bosses are affected in the same way, where they won't appear if you haven't defeated the Aqua and Magma Leaders for Hoenn story yet. I haven't tested it though.

Also, I obtained 4 PP Ups from the Lugia mini boss!

First of all, thank you for your comment. From what I have heard, Hoenn Champion is required for all of them. Also, as you guys said, you will have to beat the Legendary Pokémon (Mewtwo, Rayquaza, Groudon and Kyogre) in the story first, before their Mini Boss spawns.