Ban Recoil moves, Life Orb, Rough Skin, Iron Barbs

Shyntil

There's a known bug with the move you selected not going off if you opponent's pokemon moves first and KOs himself with a recoil move/life orb.

That literally breaks the gameplay, as you can't recoil stall threats with mons able to recover wich completely loses games otherwise won on many spots, or your hazards won't go off at all.

It's been around forever, from the very start. It looks like no one bothered to address or fix it or maybe the dev are simply not capable of doing it.

The only drastical solution i can see is to ban all the things that can cause a Pokèmon to KO himself before the other has a chance to act.

It's obviously not sustainable on the long run because it would be a massive twist, so i see it as an action from the players base to prompt a response from the devs and call for a much needed fix to a problem that has twisted the already poorly coded Pro pvp meta for a long time.

The skill of a player is inversely proportional to the number of confuse ray users he runs on his team.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

There comes a point where the effect of a bug on the metagame is frivolous and completely pointless to ban. Banning Life Orb and Ferrothorn would warp the meta far more than this interaction would - it's not terribly difficult to play around, and affects perhaps one game in 200.

Should we also ban Flare Blitz as it cannot burn, preventing it from rendering Clefable status-immune?

Should we ban all damaging moves because critical hits go through Eviolite and Assault Vest?

Should we ban all grass type status moves because of a bugged interaction with Sap Sipper?

Fu2zc9T.jpg

Thanks to MadFrost for the signature!

It affects around 1 game out of 10 if you are running mons able to recover even more often if you are running both them and hazards setters,, but as i said it is not sustainable. It's just the only way we can do something to highlight the issue for the staff. There are multiple report about this bug and nobody cared to do anything about it.

The skill of a player is inversely proportional to the number of confuse ray users he runs on his team.

I mean, I've played over 400 games on ranked utilizing some kind of slow team which in theory should be heavily impacted by this bug and never seen it, much less had it cost me a game... that should count for something, right?

Fu2zc9T.jpg

Thanks to MadFrost for the signature!

If we go with personal experience i can say that i played 100 and it affected me at least 10 times, and in half of them it single handedly changed the outcome of the game (both in positive and negative), so what?

It is also obviously extremely easy to exploit and i have had many players using it intentionally as their only way to go trough a setted up mon by blanking a full recover and then nailing a kill otherwise impossible

Stall/semistall? all teams have to be stall or semistall ? why are we even arguing about something that only exsist in your mind and was never mentioned in the topic? who cares what team you are running and if you can handle one or not

A stealth rock not going off may very easily change the outcome of the game on its own

A chansey unable to recover after that weavile knocked himself out bringing it at 10% will offer a chance for every special sweeper left to come in and clean it.

I could make 103210'23012'2'10 examples that are not related tro what you can handle or what your team is