New player with questions.

Hello everyone,

This is my first time playing any Pokemon game and I have to say it's very entertaining. I've been reading through the guides and threads but I couldn't find the information on what I was looking for. For all the veterans out there, are there a few must have Pokemon that I should catch along the way to make my life a little easier? I just got my Boulder badge so I'm literally still in the beginning of the game. Catching every Pokemon with the right nature and stats is getting so expensive. Was wondering if anyone can give me some pointers. I'll be broke before I get to the next gym hahaha.

Catching every Pokemon with the right nature and stats is getting so expensive.

First of all welcome to PRO and secondly, don't do that. :) You really don't need to do that right now, for the story you can basically use everything but if you want to have it easier in the Kanto E4 try to train a Gengar and a Gyarados (Gaslty/Magikarp). :)

• random number generation

An acronym for "random number generator" or "random number generation", it refers to the process by which computers generate apparently random numbers, essentially the computer equivalent of 'chance'.

First of all welcome to PRO and secondly, don't do that. :) You really don't need to do that right now, for the story you can basically use everything but if you want to have it easier in the Kanto E4 try to train a Gengar and a Gyarados (Gaslty/Magikarp). :)

Hello Prehax,

Thank you for the tip. I haven't seen those Pokemon so I'm guessing I'll see them way later.

Thank you for the warm welcome.

Hello everyone,

This is my first time playing any Pokemon game and I have to say it's very entertaining. I've been reading through the guides and threads but I couldn't find the information on what I was looking for. For all the veterans out there, are there a few must have Pokemon that I should catch along the way to make my life a little easier? I just got my Boulder badge so I'm literally still in the beginning of the game. Catching every Pokemon with the right nature and stats is getting so expensive. Was wondering if anyone can give me some pointers. I'll be broke before I get to the next gym hahaha.

Hello,

Make sure to check the links in the signatures. They can be very helpful for story. A guild can be very helpful (keep in mind mine is inactive).

Good luck!

Hello,

Make sure to check the links in the signatures. They can be very helpful for story. A guild can be very helpful (keep in mind mine is inactive).

Good luck!

Thank you. I will look into that.

Hey welcome!

Another good mon that you might find helpful later on in your adventure after you complete the main story is a decent snorlax since it's pretty useful for bosses.

Is there none worth catching earlier on? A lot of the uncommon ones like ponita and snubbull I haven't seen yet. Someone in game told me to get a snubull since they have so many elements and can 1 shot everything.

Is there none worth catching earlier on? A lot of the uncommon ones like ponita and snubbull I haven't seen yet. Someone in game told me to get a snubull since they have so many elements and can 1 shot everything.

Snubbull is really good for kanto story due to its move pool. For hoenn, if you start with mudkip it's helpful early, as well as later on in the story. Also in johto, I recommend catching a rattata, but do not evolve it. You'll need it later on.

Until we meet again.

Snubbull is really good for kanto story due to its move pool. For hoenn, if you start with mudkip it's helpful early, as well as later on in the story. Also in johto, I recommend catching a rattata, but do not evolve it. You'll need it later on.

Thank you so much for the tips