Off the auto-logout mechanism during a battle to avoid the Item-bug

Alatariel

Is a known bug :

This glitch is caused when there was a change in your bag items from the last time to the first time you open that during a battle. When you click the bag during the battle the client will have a small crash (most of the times gets solved just by waiting a few moments) as it is updating the bag information.

The longer the time between each opening of the bag the longer the crash will be, players usually experience it when running from a lot of common battles whilst hunting for a rare pokemon.

To prevent this issue open the bag every 5-10 minutes in battle, as it will maintain your bag updated.

The problem happens when you forgot to open the bag for too long ( usualy more than 40 min) and the client stop to responding for so long that the game puts you as Afk, and kicks you out, before the client back to normal. Wich is really common when youre hunting rare pokemons, since you will have no reason to open the bag for hours. Leaving to the player the job of re-open the bag, wich is easily forgotable.

Solution : Assuming that the client will aways back to responding after sometime, no matter for how long you havent opened the bag, an temporary and easy solution would be set off the auto-logout mecanism in a battle.

Negative part : As that oppens a door to farm the player hours, an way to resolve this problem would be Stop to count the player hours after the Afk notification, instead of kicks him out.

That way, aways when the game crush because you opened the bag, the game will sets you as Afk, as it aways did, but when comes the time to kick you out, it will just stop to count your hours instead. Pehaps to prevents the player to stay inactive ingame for too long, the game could kick you out only after several minutes of inativity , but out of the range of time to the game recover from the crash.

I supose that woudnt be hard to be done.

an temporary and easy solution would be set off the auto-logout mecanism in a battle.

The bag glitch is there for more than 2 years, I would assume they can't fix it.

Setting the AFK timer off means basically the server will be filled with AFKs, the hour req. would be pointless and so on

• random number generation

An acronym for "random number generator" or "random number generation", it refers to the process by which computers generate apparently random numbers, essentially the computer equivalent of 'chance'.

Setting the AFK timer off means basically the server will be filled with AFKs, the hour req. would be pointless and so on

Yes, i thougt that. But :

Negative part : As that oppens a door to farm the player hours, an way to resolve this problem would be Stop to count the player hours after the Afk notification, instead of kicks him out.

... the game could kick you out only after several minutes of inativity , but out of the range of time to the game recover from the crash.

So the whole system of req. hours wouldnt be affected, the server wouldnt be filled with inactive players for an relevant time, and the bug wouldnt be fixed, but also wouldnt make we lost our pokemons.

I didnt made the tittle very clear. I will fix it.

So the whole system of req. hours wouldnt be affected, the server wouldnt be filled with inactive players for an relevant time, and the bug wouldnt be fixed, but also wouldnt make we lost our pokemons.

I didnt made the tittle very clear. I will fix it.

"Stop to count the player hours after the Afk notification"

still not viable since the timer is 1 minute till the AFK timer shows up

also I am not sure what you guys are doing but in my 4k hours playtime the client never froze more than 8 minutes

• random number generation

An acronym for "random number generator" or "random number generation", it refers to the process by which computers generate apparently random numbers, essentially the computer equivalent of 'chance'.

"Stop to count the player hours after the Afk notification"

still not viable since the timer is 1 minute till the AFK timer shows up

True. I didnt mean exaclty after the AFK notification ( even that was exactly what i said, i know) , but after the kick out moment. And only during a battle. But i cant see a problem doing that outside a battle too, if that makes things easier. Stop to count the hours at the moments when the player was alredy suposed to be kicked out, due AFK, in a battle, or outside a battle, wouldnt affect the hours-system.

also I am not sure what you guys are doing but in my 4k hours playtime the client never froze more than 8 minutes

Also true. But in my 2k hours, some of the few pokemons i've lost because of this bug was pink/shiny ones. So its almost never a relevant lost, but sometimes it is.

how about adding a little icon near the encountered pokemon and when you press it- you get a list of your balls-pokeball,greatball,ultraball and so on. and thus not needing to load the entire content of the bag. (if the information is saved in some sort of database, it's possible to add a new table containing only the balls which will be linked to the bag's content table so it won't overload the database with too much information for the query). i would love to come up with an idea if any of the staff members can explain the format of the database in regard to the bag and what's the real issue there.

• Like 1