PRO Viability Rankings (PVP)

Maui

Re: PRO Viability Rankings (PVP) v0.95.9

<t>eelektross is weak as hell, it's like electivire but weaker, it's also extremely slow. no weaknesses means nothing when every respectable STAB attack 2hkos you cleanly and you have no reliable recovery. furthermore, electric as a defensive typing provides few useful resistances, levitate gives you ground but theres a million other things you could use as a ground switch in, e.g. skarmory, tangrowth</t>

Fu2zc9T.jpg

Thanks to MadFrost for the signature!

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<r>Where is Blaziken ? xD . I suggest you to create S+ rank for this pokemon <E>:Grin:</E> . Not much pokemon can take 2 hit from life orb blaziken that mean you will need to sacrifice at least 1 poke if you want to have a safe switch. Only three poke i found which can survival after +2 atk blazi so far:<br/>

- +2 252+ Atk Life Orb Blaziken High Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon: 367-433 (87.3 - 103%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO<br/>

- +2 252+ Atk Life Orb Blaziken High Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Tentacruel: 269-316 (73.9 - 86.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery<br/>

- +2 252+ Atk Life Orb Blaziken High Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro: 192-227 (48.7 - 57.6%) -- 55.9% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery ( but still need to be careful when 1 SD bla with knock off can 0HKO slowbro)<br/>

Still a huge damages and you can't always make sure that those pokes are always at full health or take stealth rock and spike damage. that mean Blaziken with protect or sword dance will be the best late game sweeper i believe.<br/>

<br/>

+Bisharp should be S rank: In smogon Substitute is one of best ways to counter bisharp and ghost type or psychic type usually have focus blast to OHKO bisharp but it still in OU tier ¯\_(ツ)_/¯<br/>

+ clefable should be A+ or less : even with full moves set but clefa is not deserved S rank at all, with a common moves set, Clefa is not too hard to counter and look at PRO ranking tier, not a good poke at all when alot poke can stop clefa from stalling it self. More over, unaware is not working, that mean magic guard is the only abi it have. In smogon ppl even waste few turns just to know which abi Clefa using, funny but it is true <E>:kiss:</E> <br/>

+ gengar should be A+ : even lacking of focus blast TM but life orb gengar still really OP, it immune to ground,fighter,normal type and can easily OHKO really common poke like garchomp, glisscor with icy wind and gengar is the only ghost type which viability at PVP ranked, If switch correctly you can stop OP from using rapid spin which is really annoying.</r>

599494fb90733790ef41e334618a2bea.gif454.gif454.gif454.gif454.gif454.gif454.gif

<r><QUOTE author="HiddenAbility"><s>

</s><POST content="338764"><s></s>338764<e></e></POST> Clefa is not too hard to counter and look at PRO ranking tier, not a good poke at all when alot poke can stop clefa from stalling it self. More over, unaware is not working, <e>
</e></QUOTE>

Clefa definitly deserves his S rank , and t-wave is t-wave . I could write an essai why thunder-wave is much better than flamehtrow even knowing exca or magnezone is going to switch-in ,but in short decreasing your overall matchup against the whole meta-game to actually handle clefa's dedicated counter with an "okayish" way is too much , well you gotta choose to deal with steels or almost the whole meta-game ?(i mean by that once scizor/exca/zone are dead,t-wave clefa wins against pretty much everything else ... tfl....cough you gonna nead a ton of paraflinch there) Meanwhile choice items and poison/steel coverage are subscribed missings make clefa standing out even more.

<QUOTE author="HiddenAbility"><s>

</s><POST content="338764"><s></s>338764<e></e></POST> Where is Blaziken ? xD . I suggest you to create S+ rank for this pokemon . Not much pokemon can take 2 hit from life orb blaziken that mean you will need to sacrifice at least 1 poke if you want to have a safe switch<e>
</e></QUOTE>

I doubt Blaziken should rise that much, even with protect being implemented , you are probably going to do a 1 for 1 the majority of time (at best) ,Sand&Tflamme is ruling the meta ,recoil is too much ,you pretty much have to scout ennemy team before trying to start a swipe (yeye team preview thing ) ,sure blaziken is a scary thing, running sd also mean you are going to miss some coverage (if you are asking for such a raise ,protect might be the reason) and even at +2 you are walled by others overused pokemon , you are still frail as t-flamme but missing GW priority , meanwhile the current metagame is too much hostile for blaziken and have no need to adapt for the freshly reborned one .<QUOTE author="HiddenAbility"><s>

</s><POST content="338764"><s></s>338764<e></e></POST> Blaziken with protect or sword dance will be the best late game sweeper i believe.<e>
</e></QUOTE>Hello my name is tflamme or dragonite .<QUOTE author="HiddenAbility"><s>
</s><POST content="338764"><s></s>338764<e></e></POST> +Bisharp should be S rank<e>
</e></QUOTE>

I have to agree Bisharp is borderline beetwin s and a+ tho .

<QUOTE author="HiddenAbility"><s>

</s><POST content="338764"><s></s>338764<e></e></POST> gengar should be A+<e>
</e></QUOTE>

No focus blast , is much more a problem you could actually guess (Missing focus blast is more an issue than not being pursuit trapped by weavile , and kind of explain why Ttar sand team is rulling the meta) , Sure LO implentation is a good thing for gengar tho .</r>

Mimimimimimimii

</s><POST content="338764"><s></s>338764<e></e></POST> Where is Blaziken ? xD . I suggest you to create S+ rank for this pokemon <E>:Grin:</E> . Not much pokemon can take 2 hit from life orb blaziken that mean you will need to sacrifice at least 1 poke if you want to have a safe switch. Only three poke i found which can survival after +2 atk blazi so far:<br/>

- +2 252+ Atk Life Orb Blaziken High Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon: 367-433 (87.3 - 103%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO<br/>

- +2 252+ Atk Life Orb Blaziken High Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Tentacruel: 269-316 (73.9 - 86.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery<br/>

- +2 252+ Atk Life Orb Blaziken High Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro: 192-227 (48.7 - 57.6%) -- 55.9% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery ( but still need to be careful when 1 SD bla with knock off can 0HKO slowbro)<br/>

Still a huge damages and you can't always make sure that those pokes are always at full health or take stealth rock and spike damage. that mean Blaziken with protect or sword dance will be the best late game sweeper i believe.<br/>

<br/>

<I><s></s>High Jump Kick carries extreme risk and is generally not worthwhile when compared to Low Kick. Blaziken will never find a turn to set up Swords Dance due to its extreme frailty without being OHKO'd or crippled by status, so +2 calcs are completely and utterly irrelevant. It is also reliant on Protect to improve its mediocre speed tier to a workable level, and its main STAB (Flare Blitz) carries heavy recoil. Especially in a metagame so dominated by weather (Sand Rush Excadrill and Swift Swim Kingdra will both outspeed even +2 Blaziken), Blaziken is an excellent Pokemon, but by no means is it dominant to the level of Primal Groudon in ORAS Ubers, Kangaskhan in ADV UU, or Snorlax in GSC OU.<e></e></I><br/>

<br/>

+Bisharp should be S rank: In smogon Substitute is one of best ways to counter bisharp and ghost type or psychic type usually have focus blast to OHKO bisharp but it still in OU tier ¯\_(ツ)_/¯<br/>

<I><s></s>Bisharp is extremely good on paper but it is mediocre in practice, due simply to Sucker Punch's low base power and Bisharp's disappointing speed tier. Sucker Punch also leaves it easy to switch in on, and is not even close to the league of Clefable or Tyranitar. Furthermore, it either forgoes Swords Dance or Fighting-type coverage, where it needs both to effectively sweep.<e></e></I><br/>

+ clefable should be A+ or less : even with full moves set but clefa is not deserved S rank at all, with a common moves set, Clefa is not too hard to counter and look at PRO ranking tier, not a good poke at all when alot poke can stop clefa from stalling it self. More over, unaware is not working, that mean magic guard is the only abi it have. In smogon ppl even waste few turns just to know which abi Clefa using, funny but it is true <E>:kiss:</E> <br/>

<I><s></s>Clefable is currently ridiculous. Sure, it has counters, but all except Excadrill hate Thunder Wave. Furthermore, Magic Guard enables it to come in at will, disregarding entry hazards, Sandstorm damage, and Leech Seed, making it easy for it to tank heavy damage, then come back in and Softboiled to nearly full health. In almost all matches, Clefable will outlast its checks due to its ability invalidating chip, and once its few checks are removed it can Calm Mind on nearly any special attacker, and over half of the physical attackers in the game. It has also completely invalidated Stall as a playstyle as it simply cannot deal with Magic Guard Clefable - all it can do is phaze it out, and it will come back in a few turns later to wreak havoc once again. It also has access to Heal Bell...<e></e></I><br/>

+ gengar should be A+ : even lacking of focus blast TM but life orb gengar still really OP, it immune to ground,fighter,normal type and can easily OHKO really common poke like garchomp, glisscor with icy wind and gengar is the only ghost type which viability at PVP ranked, If switch correctly you can stop OP from using rapid spin which is really annoying.<e>

</e></QUOTE>

<I><s></s>Life Orb Gengar is certainly good, however Gengar cannot OHKO defensive Garchomp or Gliscor with Life Orb Icy Wind. It's probably better to run Hidden Power Fire or Hidden Power Fighting in this slot. Also, Gengar loses badly to the two good spinners, Excadrill and Starmie, so Jellicent and Cofagrigus are probably better for spinblocking (Jelli has reliable recovery and Cofa has access to Toxic Spikes, though it is Clefable bait...)<e></e></I><br/>

<br/>

comments in <I><s></s>italics<e></e></I><br/>

<br/>

edit: also necessary to note that the majority of your nominations are wrecked by priority... ajet azumarill, tech mp breloom, espeed dnite, they all exist and aren't going anywhere soon :)</r>

Fu2zc9T.jpg

Thanks to MadFrost for the signature!

<r><QUOTE author="SheWas18"><s>

</s><POST content="338884"><s></s>338884<e></e></POST> Clefa definitly deserves his S rank , and t-wave is t-wave . I could write an essai why thunder-wave is much better than flamehtrow even knowing exca or magnezone is going to switch-in <e>
</e></QUOTE>

yup i know clefa still good but i am talking about S rank, It not too big deal when your pokemon get t-wawe or your magne and exca get hit by flame thrower,it not enough to OHKO and even blissey or slowbro can do the same. Then OP will know which moves set your clefa using because not much player using both t-wawe and flame thrower <E>:Grin:</E>

<QUOTE author="SheWas18"><s>

</s><POST content="338884"><s></s>338884<e></e></POST> HiddenAbility wrote:<br/>

Source of the post Blaziken with protect or sword dance will be the best late game sweeper i believe.<br/>

Hello my name is tflamme or dragonite .<e>

</e></QUOTE>

due to stealth rock not much player using dra as late game sweeper but still a good blazi counter with extreme speed<QUOTE author="idkup"><s>

</s><POST content="338910"><s></s>338910<e></e></POST> Life Orb Gengar is certainly good, however Gengar cannot OHKO defensive Garchomp or Gliscor with Life Orb Icy Wind.<e>
</e></QUOTE>

Are u talking about impish garchomp and careful glisscor with max ivs on spdef and hp ? ok it fine... and i am talking about its diversity and not mean that it is a perfect spinblocking like other ghost type pokemons but none pokemon can do those things better than gengar. moreover , Gengar still absorb toxic spikes, just saw this yesterday and don't know if this bug got fixed like Shane said or not...</r>

599494fb90733790ef41e334618a2bea.gif454.gif454.gif454.gif454.gif454.gif454.gif

</s><POST content="338941"><s></s>338941<e></e></POST> SheWas18 wrote:<br/>

Source of the post Clefa definitly deserves his S rank , and t-wave is t-wave . I could write an essai why thunder-wave is much better than flamehtrow even knowing exca or magnezone is going to switch-in<br/>

<br/>

yup i know clefa still good but i am talking about S rank, It not too big deal when your pokemon get t-wawe or your magne and exca get hit by flame thrower,it not enough to OHKO and even blissey or slowbro can do the same. Then OP will know which moves set your clefa using because not much player using both t-wawe and flame thrower<e>

</e></QUOTE>Don't run flamehtrow at all ,cm t-wave wreck the meta, it rules the meta atm , And unless you are running healbell, getting your team heavly cripped by paralysis is a big deal (Twave nerf&paralysis status Gen VI->VII)

<QUOTE author="idkup"><s>

</s><POST content="338910"><s></s>338910<e></e></POST> edit: also necessary to note that the majority of your nominations are wrecked by priority... ajet azumarill, tech mp breloom, espeed dnite, they all exist and aren't going anywhere soon :)<e>
</e></QUOTE>And a red bird , aka the most runned pokemon on Pro .<br/>

.<br/>

Edit: Im still nominating poliwrath to at least B+ , what it walls , or either the amount pokemon not being able to lay a fingers on it is pretty amazing ; not asking for more ,i'm aware sleeptalk mechanics sometimes aren't that much reliable ,same for circle throw"s accuracy . It's sturdy as slowbro ,you basiclly switch his weakness to daunt&bisharp&weavile for talonflamme in short ,and have a better matchup against stall ,doesn't get trapped by goth ,grants a water (scald) immunity,absorb status trought sleeptalk ,spread burn ,phaze so helping for the lack of teampreview .<br/>

Edit 2: If you want a full list of what this thing is capable to handle ,i might write it later</r>

Mimimimimimimii