Manaphy in ranked PVP

Baganha

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mate u saying rain isnt broken? have u pvped last seasons? players are using more and more Rain team centered and togekiss scarf. why u ask? well doesnt require skill to use. togekiss u just gotta press a button a pray for flinch, rain u just dont want ur rain setter and rain abuser die and u win. Many of you arent old enough in the game to remember when Talonflame was around, but sand+talon was meta, and was just too good, many ppl start using those types of team, and teambuilding become so monotonous that started to be annoying, rn its happening the same... Manaphy itself yes its strong, but the same can be applied to conkeldurr, volcarona, lucario, if u dont have something for those pokes, they will sweep you, thats why u need teambuilding, which again, right now its rain or scarf kiss....

Ive been pvping for about a month and a half or so and from that experience i can say that rain has never been too much of a problem for me, with the exception of manaphy rain teams, im guessing the type of team you tend to use more is geared towards the hyper offense level, which then i can understand your MU struggle, with the lack of bulk in the team and kingdra outspeeding most if not everything on the team, its definitely going to get some easy kills and not giving you an easy time. However more bulky designed teams like balance and stall do not have such a hard time with it, most of these teams carry chansey which is pretty much the best switchin to kingdra and finish the defensive backbone with mandibuzz or physdef tang to ease up MUs like conk/kabutops/bish etc... i agree with rain being a pretty easy playstyle to use and id argue that is why its one of the main reasons why is used a lot instead of its "broken level", it gets you fast games regardless of the MU, its easy to use and even grinding for pvpable pokemon like pelipper and kingdra are one of the easiest and potentially least time consuming in this game. I dont believe this is near the same level of stat passing, being one of the best antimeta playstyles whilst being incredibly easy to use.

In no way manaphy can ever be compared to things like conk lucario or volc, yeah these mons can be pretty hard to handle, but at least you dont have to go out of your way and say things like spdef unaware clef to actually counter it or weather abusers to check it.

• Like 1

In my opinion that yes Rain teams are being over used lately and its a bit of frustrating since it has 0 strategy except for setting the weather and sweeping.

Yes you can counter it but it will be definitely be annoying however, Manaphy isnt that of a deal i always take it with gyarados draining its hp to half or a bit more and out-speeding it with Mamo earthquake

In my opinion that yes Rain teams are being over used lately and its a bit of frustrating since it has 0 strategy except for setting the weather and sweeping.

Yes you can counter it but it will be definitely be annoying however, Manaphy isnt that of a deal i always take it with gyarados draining its hp to half or a bit more and out-speeding it with Mamo earthquake

Im not sure if youre saying that manaphy isnt broken or simply explaining how you deal with it but in case its the first, then im sorry but that argument is completely fallacious, using anecdotes to justify something from only your personal experience and not looking at an objective pov is just wrong, i dont feel like i need to explain why that is.

Are you saying that rain is the reason why manaphy is as good as he is, or is rain the one you consider broken?

Dude manaphy isnt a problem inside rain its annoying? yes absolutly, outside not really. U shouldnt ask to ban manaphy, instead ban rain and we gucci, bc rain is just noneskill playstyle.

• Like 1

image.png.20003f8f638525f195519655e118e2e0.png

Dude manaphy isnt a problem inside rain its annoying? yes absolutly, outside not really. U shouldnt ask to ban manaphy, instead ban rain and we gucci, bc rain is just noneskill playstyle.

If it was up to skill, id argue more than half of all playstyles should be considered to be banned, how much skill does it take to use sun? or any HO team for that matter?

You say manaphy isnt a problem under rain but i still havent been convinced from that, when there is literally 1 safe counter to it (3 loose counters if you wanna get analytical about it), it should show you how unbelievably broken it is, in fact i even tried to explain to you why rain might be a big problem for you (without manaphy) and you didnt deny those things, maybe you do but you didnt explain to me why that is, on the other hand there is so much manaphy can do outside of rain that you seem to neglect, like before mentioned, screens is a great way for manaphy to take advantage of its high bulk and make it even harder for your opponent to deal with. Any hazard stacking offense would welcome manaphy in all of their teams as a primary wall/stallbreaker for the rest of the team to cleanup. There is a lot manaphy can do outside of rain.

If you want rain to be banned thats fine, while you can argue its overcentralising, banning it wouldnt do much for the meta unless a whole lotta of things would go as well. With rain gone, it would only be natural for things like sun and sand to be popular and take over, it would be a slippery slope from then on. Manaphy on the other hand is just a pokemon and not an entire playstyle, it would nerf rain stallbreaking potential, giving more chance for bulkier teams to take place in the meta, bulkier teams whom of which would ease up the pressure and increase the stability and diversity for the meta, it wouldnt be perfect of course, rain would still be very popular obviously, however, unfortunately, there isnt much that can be done about that, there is always gonna be a centralising force in the meta, that in a way keeps it from collapsing even vgc and smogon are guilty of this.

• Like 1

Are you saying that rain is the reason why manaphy is as good as he is, or is rain the one you consider broken?

Exactly in fact I mean both of what youve stated. Manaphy is annoying with rain however the core problem here is " Rain " and it is hard to counter it because it has natural type advantage, gives STAB to one of the most versatile typings, and has some of the best ability benefits (Hydration, Swift Swim, Dry Skin) along with a ton of viable pokemon to use it with.

While other teams are easier to deal with, Sand ? just use a ground type of the beginning and hit earthquake u can definitely take it off and once he switches to Exca the user can change safely to ferro etc... but with rain there are no real safe switches Kingdra's typing as dragon and water with the move Ice beam it can take down anything other than the other rain pokes that can be used as a backup.

Sun team is the easiest just use a heatran or a volcarona you can take down everything easily.

Thus Rain team is OP + Manaphy and Tail glow its just an unacceptable.