Way to prevent Ditto Scams targeted towards newer players

Drvoicu

Most people don't even bother buying the bike. They just buy a mount.

I think you got scammed and now you are triggered. Maybe people should start read what NPCs says.

That's not true. A mount costs more than a bike and you can't get the free mount until you are in Johto or finished everything for Love Island. So most people get a bike instead of walking around until they finished dex or Johto Story. Stop making up stuff. Also you need the bike for the road south west of Celadon.

I'm not triggered and who said I got ripped off for a ditto. All I said is I know what it feels like to get ripped off. That could be anything.

A part has been removed as deemed inappropriate. Please refrain from taunting and antagonizing
Edited by Shinohara

I think that the only way of avoiding these " ditto scamms" is to make somewhere near this bike npc clear that it has to be ot. With a warning message in a red collor like there is a warning message afther you defeat hannah to go to sinnoh or not. Something like this can make new player aware of this. Cause making ditto untradable is not a good solution for this. Since people do still need it for dex like Nameless said before. And making ditto untradable will aslo mean that a shiny one isnt tradable so as i said there are better solutions then this. Anyway this is my opnion on this

Also an other fact : its not only ditto that has this problem but also other pokes that need ot for quest. Like the pokes to defeat the npcs for sinnoh quest. This is the same problem here players not aware of this buy a staryu etc from players who do know this.

Edited by Ghostriders

-1 totally

Player who sell ditto for dex shoud be punish cause a minority of player scam 2 3 players ? No , please.

I agree totally with @NamelessHero27, if player read what the NPC say there is any problem. These type of player should be punish too and get scam is for me a nice punition.

Some player want to buy high lvl pokemon for johto league, sell my rattata 80 is scam ? No.

It is scam only if the player said :" yes you can do the quest with him"

Upon paying him $60,000 & giving him an OT Ditto,

I jsut type Bike quest Guide Pokemon revolution and i found this on the first guide i saw. Then for me, it is impossible to get scam if you are a little serious.

giphy.gif

1511823475-1d6b7b7b9512fb86ea0c6842dbc0b10e.png

More people scam ditto than sell ditto for dex. The demand for dex ditto is low. Claiming otherwise is hilarious. Comparing ditto to rattata is also a joke.

A lot of new players don't even know what OT means. So it's more than just reading what the NPC says. By now it should be obvious that most new players don't use google or the forum, instead they spam All or Help chat ingame. It's easy to take advantage of them.

Making the punishment harsher for scammers has absolutely no effect on genuine players selling ditto for dex. You can't tell me spamming "10k Ditto" in trade chat is for dex. I don't care what you say.

Guest deleteduser41af

So new players should get punished if they buy a Ditto cause they dont know what OT means? Thats hillarious.

I did the mistake with Ditto and Rattata but there was a few players that was nice enough to say that it should be OT.

Recently i have been seen alot of sellers that sells Ditto's in trade.

Protect the new players, so they dont give up on this game cause of failure they did.

• Administrator

Please keep this discussion civil, any rule breaking comments will be deleted and you will be punished accordingly.

image.gif

Please do not contact staff members for private support

Share your questions on the forums as they could be useful to others

In my point of view, is true. Ditto for dex service is a lie for sure, because everyone that are at rt 8 hunting ditto know for sure that needs to be ot for bike and because people waste pokeballs and time to hunt a ditto is easy to find a easy pray to scam to get money.(not saying they are veteran or newbies).

I saw already people buying ditto at trade chat for the bike quest then they get there ,they dont get the bike because needs to be ot, and also some people don't even know what's OT mean.

whatever im again´st to do not trade Ditto, because stilla pokémon to fill dex with and ofc , it needs to be tradable.

So, my final conclusion is that Bike quest needs a item like "noctual feather"order to complete, that ditto holds , or will be always scams because of ditto.

ps: Ditto without Transform and without breeding is really bad pokémon, if there any usage of it ingame? NO, it will never be , only when they fix at least transform.

Edited by Voldis4

- Battle Tower Sheet:

Battle Tower and Tactics (Google Drive Sheet)

- Oak's Newspaper:

Due to the direction that this thread turned, I will be locking it.

There's no reason for us to make Ditto untradable. We rarely get reports of users being scammed by Ditto trades anyways. As said by some users here, people sell Ditto for dex services. It would be unfair for those users who sell Ditto's normally if we made them untradable. It's not against the rules to trade Ditto however you are more than welcome to report users who advertise to sell it for the quest.

Thank you for the suggestion, best wishes.

...And all will burn, beneath the shadow of my wings.

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share your questions on the forums as they could be useful to others.

Remember to use the correct forum when posting. Unsolicited messages will be trashed. Thanks.