Nicknaming Pokemon

Davidbro

I love to nickname my pokemon and have always done so in other games.

As far as I understand, nicknaming pokemon in PRO is unavailable due to lack of priority and the issue of inappropriate names.

Many of my peers would also love to see this implemented.

To solve the problem of inappropriate names, I suggest having names only viewable by the owner.

Renaming my Pokemon is and alwais have been a funny part of the usuall game for me.

Even if in that case, we would not be able to show our Pokemon name, I think this can be a good compromise.

Let's see what people think about this. =3

• Like 1

Madtrainer_Jolteon.gif.207f7bcf3067bf69eb5205ea0bc33f66.gif

+1

Although they would have to creste some rules from streamers, or people who show off their screens. And ofc, nickname should be reset when trading. I would love the idea of nicknaming them though.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
15 hours ago, Olker said:

Bumping this as I liked the idea. It might be something attached to the client. Just like the 6-slot inventory below is. Something that gets deleted with the cache.

Already been touched on about in a Dev Q&A saying it might be implement but only client side.  Meaning it you will be the only one to be able to see your nicknamed pokemon and you will not be able to see other peoples nicknamed pokemon.

• Checked/Done 1

20210516_215416.gif.0f5637474a7259a9f90d53025e5a8a7b.gif

1 hour ago, iceflake said:

Already been touched on about in a Dev Q&A saying it might be implement but only client side.  Meaning it you will be the only one to be able to see your nicknamed pokemon and you will not be able to see other peoples nicknamed pokemon.

Thanks a lot. Didn't watch the Q & A. Good to know, hope it gets implemented.