⚜️ Money Loss Cap ⚜️

Chris

Hello everyone,

I wanted to make a short suggestion regarding the money loss on defeats. There should be a set amount of money which can be lost at max when being defeated. Experienced player will most likely not die in wild combat and can still disconnect to keep the money, but this is still a possibility which could lose you millions of dollars really quick.

However, the main reason behind the idea are bugs, just like the quite recent one which led to money loss in PvP. I know the players will get their money back in case they can proof it or Staff has methods to track the account back, but again involves a lot of effort from their side. Having a really big bank account on your main character could be considered risky to some degree.

I don't really have a exact number but I would personally suggest around 50k max cap, otherwise the current 5% of your money. This would mean that a player bank above 1m won't lose more than 50k, the rest will scale down.

Input from the Community:

i agree the whole money loss thing only makes people put money on side accounts. In my opinion there is no use in having that mechanic at all. I suggest removing it or if you wanna keep it make it like chis stated and give a fixed "price" for losing.

Given that the money lost can be avoided simply by disconnecting and that it's not punishable, it feels more like a punishment for playing the game fair or for forgetting to logout. And yeah, 5% loss becomes a huge lot after a while. If you got 100m, you lose more money than the majority of people ever had in their pocket.

I'm not much of a fan for a fixed cap, and still prefer seeing the penalty rise as you become more rich. As such, I'd suggest the following formula:

penalty = min((money * 0.05), (500 * (log money)²))

This will give the following results:

1,000 => 50 penalty

10,000 => 500 penalty

100,000 => 5,000 penalty

250,000 => 12,500 penalty

500,000 => 16,239 penalty

1,000,000 => 18,000 penalty

10,000,000 => 24,500 penalty

100,000,000 => 32,000 penalty

So until 300k, it will remain the 5% penalty we have, but after that, the penalty would increase significantly slower, staying in the couple tens of thousands range, but still always increasing.

Edited by Chris
  • Like 5

Discord: Chris'#7430

i agree

the whole money loss thing only makes people put money on side accounts.

In my opinion there is no use in having that mechanic at all.

I suggest removing it or if you wanna keep it make it like chis stated and give a fixed "price" for losing.

• Like 1

Given that the money lost can be avoided simply by disconnecting and that it's not punishable, it feels more like a punishment for playing the game fair or for forgetting to logout. And yeah, 5% loss becomes a huge lot after a while. If you got 100m, you lose more money than the majority of people ever had in their pocket.

I'm not much of a fan for a fixed cap, and still prefer seeing the penalty rise as you become more rich. As such, I'd suggest the following formula:

1,000 => 50 penalty

10,000 => 500 penalty

100,000 => 5,000 penalty

So until 300k, it will remain the 5% penalty we have, but after that, the penalty would increase significantly slower, staying in the couple tens of thousands range, but still always increasing.

• Like 2

1,000 => 50 penalty

10,000 => 500 penalty

100,000 => 5,000 penalty

That’s a alternative way of solving the problem, however it feels a bit overcomplicated for almost the same result.

I personally don’t mind how exactly this is calculated.

I added it to the input

Discord: Chris'#7430

Hello everyone,

I wanted to make a short suggestion regarding the money loss on defeats. There should be a set amount of money which can be lost at max when being defeated. Experienced player will most likely not die in wild combat and can still disconnect to keep the money, but this is still a possibility which could lose you millions of dollars really quick.

However, the main reason behind the idea are bugs, just like the quite recent one which led to money loss in PvP. I know the players will get their money back in case they can proof it or Staff has methods to track the account back, but again involves a lot of effort from their side. Having a really big bank account on your main character could be considered risky to some degree.

I don't really have a exact number but I would personally suggest around 50k max cap, otherwise the current 5% of your money. This would mean that a player bank above 1m won't lose more than 50k, the rest will scale down.

Input from the Community:

i agree with this. while i never personally lost a large amount of money, i do think it needs to be changed.

• Like 1

original.gif
LUHARRR#1687

Around 5mil in the pocket, and one death due to playing late night without full attention while lvling costed me 250k.. Thats a cc = 5$

Way to much .. adds to the frustration.

Yes i could have logged out to avoid it but got critical hit and logging out to prevent money loss is just not right. Better fix that mechanic cause buying ccs/transfering to alts avoid this has started to be tiresome. Its not that we cant work around it, it just puts extra unessesary effort and still only punishes the new people that dont know how to work around this.

My loss will come back easilly but that wouldnt be the case if i was starting out now.

This whole mechanic feels like a money sink for the rich. Rerolls is a nice money sink mechanic. Maybe if thats the case, staff could try to find another way for a new money sink mechanic for end game players.

Edited by Siltoruz
  • Like 1

Tranquility Guild Officer

Tranquility Pokeshop

Personal Auctions

1. Just wait the rework with the BANK possibility in the new website

2. Use a second acount where you put your money and then you are safe.

InGame : Yauga - Moffteria

Discord : yauga - previously Yauga#5022

Enjoy the Game