PvP - Turn timer discussion

Qeight

What should the round timer be in ranked PvP?  

206 members have voted

1. 1. What should the round timer be in ranked PvP?

• 90 seconds (current)
    • 75 seconds
    • 60 seconds
    • 45 seconds

I think 60 seconds is enough time to think. However, sometimes when you are in a stall battle for like 3 hours and you really need to pee or poop, 90 seconds helps. I say that because that happened to me before. I guess I will vote for 75 seconds cause it is in between.

• Like 1
sign2.png

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sometimes you need much time to think about a move, since you look what the opponent will do in the next round, 2nd next round etc. Additionally to that you may want to calculate some dmg output of your Pokémon in a calculator, take account of Iv's as well. All that need time.

Thats of course not every round the case but when you play a team you are not experienced with or when you don't have the most calculation factors in your mind, which probably applies for the most of us, you may need this time and maybe sometimes even more.

The best system would be, in my opinion, like in showdown. However, thats not workable at the moment I think.

In general I think we should not shorten the timer as we have with the new stalling rule a rule that would punish possible, intended, time stall. As well I don't see many users using the full time always, but sometimes in match changing situations. I think its good how it is for now,

Well I wanted to write a comment, but while I was writing this guy basically said everything I wanted to say (and even more). Completely agree with everything said in this comment and especially with the sentence I had bolded

• Like 1

Setting un 45 sec is quite fair, this will make the game faster and the waste of time wont be as frustrating as now. Also this will favour the game to be more unpredictable and you must choose the propper strategy very quick so I think it would be funnier to play.

• Like 1

I think 90 seconds or 75 seconds is fine. There are new rules in place to stop people from time stalling anyway why shorten the timer? I have been playing pvp for about 2 years on PRO and I think I have been time stalled for maybe 5 matches. Cutting it down to 45 seconds is WAY to short IMO. People must strategize their future moves as well as the occasional damage calc on showdown. For example, when playing Hyper Offense, you often plan out the whole entire game in the first few turns so having more than 45 seconds is crucial. I do agree with most here that the time should be similar to showdown but i think that is impossible until new battle ui. I do think there should be a forfeit button added as well. It would save some people a lot of time. Most of the people complaining are probably losing to stall teams which dont have a super fast way to kill their opponents. Adding a forfeit button would help those people save time by ending the match immediately.

ex.png

ONETEAM.png

The actual timer (90s) is fine for me

You have a lot of time to think if needed

Lowering the timer would speed the battles but it may lower the amount of anticipations ect.

Plus, add a FORFEIT button please. atm the only « way » to forfeit a game is disconnecting (enjoy the 10min wait penalty) which is kinda sad.

My Pokemon shop

I totally agree with w/e Xylos wrote above. It takes time to decide what will be your next move, calculate the damage in critical turns etc. Reducing the timer would just put more pressure on you and you might end up pressing the wrong move while your opp is still thinking about a move and you're stuck with your decision made in a hurry. Since we don't have a "Cancel" option yet, I think 90 sec is perfect and we don't need any changes. Any intentional actions are understandable and we already have a rule to punish such things anyway.

DON'T STOP UNTIL YOU'RE PROUD

I think 60 seconds is fair and enough time. Preferably I'd like the timer to be how showdown do theirs but if we're sticking with a static time for each turn than you don't need more than 60 seconds. Yes players may want to calculate how much damage a said pokemon will do, I've done this a few times myself, but unless you have a slow computer that doesn't take long. Even if you're undecided on your move and are trying to predict if there will be a switch or not it does not take that long. The only time the timer has gone longer than 60 seconds in any battle I've done is when someone leaves it until the last second to move.