PvP - Turn timer discussion

Qeight

What should the round timer be in ranked PvP?  

206 members have voted

1. 1. What should the round timer be in ranked PvP?

• 90 seconds (current)
    • 75 seconds
    • 60 seconds
    • 45 seconds

I would go for 60 or 75 minutes, sometimes when the opponent doesn't move fast, he's calculating the damage he will deal or that he will take, and most times since pro meta is different from showdown's, you need to change the sets to match the ou sets on pro, which can take time.

Also, when you find out you shouldn't stay against a mon, you need to calculate (most times) the damage you will take if you switch to another one, so i think when players take Time they just think wisely and not spam super effective attacks as they were NPCs

45 is way too few, you don't have the time to think, and 95 is way too much, specially if you face a time staller, you don't know if he's really time stalling until the last 15 / 20 seconds

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am in favor of shorting time. However, there are definitely turns where you need to think ahead and/or want to calculate.

It would be nice to have a simple dynamic system. Something like you have 45 seconds per turn, but you also have 3 or 5 minutes of "overflow" time. Each turn you go over 45 seconds, you begin to draw from your overflow time. Overflow time does not regenerate each turn. This would potentially speed games up, but give players that extra time they want or need during critical points in a game.

• Like 1
E6W75Tu.png

90 seconds is good for now. We only need a forfeit button. If you are being time staller just take your phone and recorded and do the proper report. But in some turns you need to take your time to think and all the things that Xylos said before. This is no a brainless game.

The turn timer is fine as it is. Calculating lines can take a while, and there is no reason to hand players who do not bother thinking an advantage over those that do. Frankly, 90 seconds isn't enough to play optimally on occasion, such as when you're stuck in a difficult spot because of previous lack of thought and your opponent has an array of options while you have to find the play that most consistently wins for you.

Fu2zc9T.jpg

Thanks to MadFrost for the signature!

I vote for 45 second. I pref 30 second for choose an attack. Faster it is, faster it end and we can play more match in a round.

I know some player like to calculate the dmg they will do with this or this attack. But i think using a calculator is not a correct system. A Pvp match should be more intuitiv and less calculating

• Like 2

giphy.gif

1511823475-1d6b7b7b9512fb86ea0c6842dbc0b10e.png

the current timer is fine since we dont have cancel button. 90 sec is the enough time for recapacite. at the time of ladder when you are making calcs,thinking what sets,spreads can your opponent have, what are the best plays can you make,what plays can make your oponnent etc.. that factors are very important in a battle because thats PvP COMPETITIVE. improving with your skills

if you try to reduce the timer to 45 seconds, pvp competitive will lose its appeal (thinking about the spread,sets, use the damage calculator what plays can he make, what plays can make, among others.), pvp competitive will become a brainless game(clicking every second.)

its preferable to add an another kind of timer like pokemon showdown format and forfeit button to avoid all problems

Edited by Destro16
  • Like 3