Regarding the Guides section in forums (and also, other sections too)

Bhimoso

Hey! This is not a really big issue, but I still thought it should be adressed.

There are a lot of posts that are not in the appropriate category in forums. This is often the case in the Guides section, where I basically now spend all my free time in. If I go through the Guides section, I can see a lot of posts through all of the possible sub-sections that do not fit here and are suggestion related, general support, or completely irrelevant to the section. They often are old and unanswered, but I still go through all forum sections and look at older posts curiously to check for ideas and advice.

I'm fully aware Keita is really busy and he can't just go and manage this section of the forums (he is the forum administrator I go to and ask normally), and it's probably not a priority for the Community Coordinators who daily deal with help chat ingame, dealing with other users ingame or help out in forums nonstop (hi Meruem lol), I'm just wondering: What should we do as normal users to help out and sort these posts? Do we report them ALL (and by all I mean all, not just one or two) and leave it to whoever in Staff is responsible to organise them? Do I report them and write inside: "This should go to this section in forums"?

A long time ago I used to report a lot of threads that were not in their correct sub-forum and I got good answers, until one day I was answered by a "please, let the staff move the posts themselves". However, I still feel it's necessary to somehow ask or report threads in incorrect sub-forums where they do not belong.

So, what can we do as forum users to help out sorting some sections of the forums?

(No rush in answering this faster, it's just a General Support question but I won't cry if you take time to answer lol.)

EDIT: I can take screenshots of the posts and post them here if you deem it necessary or helpful :)

• Like 1

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxydK7CUEwL47Ym7hIkMbSA <- Youtube channel with guides!

https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/forum/13-game-guide/ <- Check my game guides (and other's guides) here!

Hey! This is not a really big issue, but I still thought it should be adressed.

There are a lot of posts that are not in the appropriate category in forums. This is often the case in the Guides section, where I basically now spend all my free time in. If I go through the Guides section, I can see a lot of posts through all of the possible sub-sections that do not fit here and are suggestion related, general support, or completely irrelevant to the section. They often are old and unanswered, but I still go through all forum sections and look at older posts curiously to check for ideas and advice.

I'm fully aware Keita is really busy and he can't just go and manage this section of the forums (he is the forum administrator I go to and ask normally), and it's probably not a priority for the Community Coordinators who daily deal with help chat ingame, dealing with other users ingame or help out in forums nonstop (hi Meruem lol), I'm just wondering: What should we do as normal users to help out and sort these posts? Do we report them ALL (and by all I mean all, not just one or two) and leave it to whoever in Staff is responsible to organise them? Do I report them and write inside: "This should go to this section in forums"?

A long time ago I used to report a lot of threads that were not in their correct sub-forum and I got good answers, until one day I was answered by a "please, let the staff move the posts themselves". However, I still feel it's necessary to somehow ask or report threads in incorrect sub-forums where they do not belong.

So, what can we do as forum users to help out sorting some sections of the forums?

(No rush in answering this faster, it's just a General Support question but I won't cry if you take time to answer lol.)

EDIT: I can take screenshots of the posts and post them here if you deem it necessary or helpful :)

Hello @Bhimoso,

Thanks for bringing it under our attention first of all. I have cleaned up the guides subforum now.

Community coordinators or staff members in general look on the forums and whenever we see something that needs moving, we move it to the right subforum, but we don't really go looking for this kind of stuff or check every subforum daily to see if there are no invalid posts on the subforum.

Anyways, if you come across a subforum with a lot of threads that aren't in the correct place, feel free to report and we will take care of it.

Hope this has answered it for you.

Kind regards, Contrary

• Like 1

General Support | PRO Official Discord | Bug Resolution Center

Please do not contact staff members for private support. Share your questions on the forums, as they can be of use to others.

Hello @Bhimoso,

Thanks for bringing it under our attention first of all. I have cleaned up the guides subforum now.

Community coordinators or staff members in general look on the forums and whenever we see something that needs moving, we move it to the right subforum, but we don't really go looking for this kind of stuff or check every subforum daily to see if there are no invalid posts on the subforum.

Anyways, if you come across a subforum with a lot of threads that aren't in the correct place, feel free to report and we will take care of it.

Hope this has answered it for you.

Kind regards, Contrary

Bless you, I'm checking it and now it looks super tidy and organised. Thank you for the help, from now on I'll report any posts that need to be moved :)

• Like 1

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxydK7CUEwL47Ym7hIkMbSA <- Youtube channel with guides!

https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/forum/13-game-guide/ <- Check my game guides (and other's guides) here!