Fresh client install; enemy pokemon are attacking themselves

Wenzer

Edit to add: I used my thumb drive to copy his client folders over to my computer to do a little troubleshooting, so I can get a recording now I think. Just need some time.

Edit 2: I tried copying his folders/client files to my laptop and see if I had the same problem, but I couldn't reproduce it. Everything acts normally on my laptop. I'm thinking it may be some kind of individual conflict between his laptop/OS/something and the game.

*I hope this is okay that I'm posting on behalf of another user, a friend of mine IRL who I was sitting next to physically and saw this happen myself. His laptop doesn't have very good specs and he isn't as tech savvy so I offered to do this for him. I can get more info from him and/or his laptop if needed though. His username is BuzzedFlies.

I convinced a friend of mine to try PRO for the first time since his laptop can't handle most of our steam games. I showed him how to get to this website, downloaded the x64 bit client appropriate for his laptop (windows 10). It appeared to install without any obvious issues. He created an account from the website, launched the game and started playing on Silver server.

He chose his starter (Charmander) and entered route 1. He started to battle some wild pokemon (more than one kind, but I have screeshots with rattata) and had the following problems:

- When enemy pokemon (Rattata as an example) use an attack (Quick Attack in the example), the visual animation is placed on their portrait instead of our friendly pokemon (Charmander in this case)

- Enemy attacks have no effect on Charmander/friendly pokemon, but either damaged or healed the enemy pokemon. It seemed to be random whichever it did.

- Charmander could attack and it would show visual animations as normal on the enemy pokemon, but seemed to do a very small amount of damage (I could be wrong though, it may have been normal damage amounts) The enemy pokemon's health bar moved down just a tiny amount.

- When the enemy pokemon died, it would damage Charmander. In the screenshots we took, we also experienced the enemy pokemon dying, but instead it says Charmander faints and we black out. That was the first time we experienced that.

We healed Charmander to full health at the pokecenter in Viridian City before going back to route 1 so I could take screenshots of the problem. Unfortunately, his laptop/Windows 10 was not capable of using the built-in windows screen recording so I couldn't get a video... I may be able to install a different kind of screen recording program though, and we can try to capture it again if necessary.

*The screenshots are ordered 1 thru 10 in the same order they were taken.

[spoiler=Screenshots]1.thumb.png.dfc463d6744564f9d7fb90fac31fc6d2.png 2.thumb.png.06d8f8451fb2bb9ec5f0fdeeca20107e.png 3.thumb.png.2848910ef720e8be681fc3d0e897fbff.png 4.thumb.png.ccabe60859c57d35a6618a3f89d5ecb4.png 5.thumb.png.06724c8d3446871b7fe8c69b571413c6.png 6.thumb.png.b4a03098eb9523b698822de1e428e35d.png 7.thumb.png.f5ad6d1a3412f9295e5ff5a56554edaa.png 8.thumb.png.555c345b1c865096fd3bfd1a4aa58988.png 9.thumb.png.efa17c0aa9522a560a62b0cb90668a28.png 10.thumb.png.ac406d19a12fde513f4c203022c95c95.png

Edited by Wenzer

this happened to my friend too. i've also saw her try and switch out and it switches the wrong pokemon, turning your active into the wild or trainer pokemon. it would faint and still be in battle. i will attach a video of this too in a second

• Like 1

here's a video

Thank you for being able to get a video for this, it shows the exact same thing that happened to my friend.

(I know it's a bug but this is the most hilarious and absurd bug I've ever seen, on any program lol.)

• 2 weeks later...