Increasing the chances to get better IVS the more rerolls you use

Malltesers

Hello,

I had a discussion with few peoples about legendaries on PRO and it appears that many people are "afraid" or "annoyed" to rerolls their legendaries cause it's really not worth looking at the price of rerolls tickets.

More than that, i'm legit tilted when someone get a godly hp ice heatran/zapdos without even using reroll while it's impossible for me with 30+ rerolls on the same pokemon.

I think we should give more chance to people to get the legendaries they want if they use more rerolls. That's "Fair"

This idea is not "Absolute", it is a first step and can improved of course so every feedback are appreciated.

What would happen if the game increased the chance of getting +10/+15/+20 ivs on our legendaries if we use more than 5/10/20/30 rerolls on the same legendaries, we could think of something like :

- from 5 to 10 rerolls used : 10% chance to get +12 ivs

- from 10 to 20 rerolls : 10% chance to get 15+

- 20+ rerolls : 20% chance to get 15+ ivs

Which mean that if you use a 21th reroll, you have 20% chance that your legendary IV'S will be randomized between 15 and 31.

I don't want to make rerolls too op since it's a MMO, luck always have to be a big part but it would be really nice to find a balanced advantage of using more and more rerolls. Not just pure randomness.

• Like 6

Totaly agree with that suggestion. I'm often unlucky in PRO (pvp and farming), I stopped to farm pokemon because of that unlucky RNG.

I'm in the same situation, i'm "afraid" to spend 20+ reroll ticket to get an 10- ivs legendairies. I would like to reroll my ugly legendairies, but i don't make this with the current system.

-1 it should depend on luck cuz we may can get epic IVs on first reroll too

You can get epic ivs on first reroll with the suggestion of malltesers too, and having many epic legendairies for the PvP is not possible for everyone, especially for the new players.

Battles can be unbalanced between the lucky people and unlucky people or new players (except if you are lucky). It's similar for farmable pokemon. For the farmable pokemon, you can hunt again and again or buy an epic one but for the legendairies it's not possible to buy one and farm a lot, you just had to spend sometimes 30+ rerolls tickets or plus to get a decent legendairy

With ugly ivs, some people don't use their legendairies, and it can be unbalanced in PvP too.

Edited by CosaNostra

IMO it would be a money sink for the game, but I don't think it would be fair that the multi millionaires would just purchase 50+ rerolls and keep spamming it until they got absurdly high IVs. They could do the same without this suggestion, but the chances wouldn't be nowhere as high as if this got implemented. I'm not sure this is very balanced for a MMO, although I understand the frustration of rerolling a legendary nonstop and not getting anything.

-1 from me for now.

(Also I wanted to delay this post because this is my post number 1000 in the forums but I feel too lazy to wait so here you go)

• Like 1

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxydK7CUEwL47Ym7hIkMbSA <- Youtube channel with guides!

https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/forum/13-game-guide/ <- Check my game guides (and other's guides) here!

IMO it would be a money sink for the game, but I don't think it would be fair that the multi millionaires would just purchase 50+ rerolls and keep spamming it until they got absurdly high IVs. They could do the same without this suggestion, but the chances wouldn't be nowhere as high as if this got implemented. I'm not sure this is very balanced for a MMO, although I understand the frustration of rerolling a legendary nonstop and not getting anything.

-1 from me for now.

(Also I wanted to delay this post because this is my post number 1000 in the forums but I feel too lazy to wait so here you go)

I heard this argument a lot about "multimillionaire buying infinite reroll tickets". we are talking about 700-750k for each rerolls tickets, without any guarantee that you'll get something correct. I consider myself as someone who has a good budget, and someone who wasted about +80 rerolls probably and i can tell it doesn't work like that at all. I'll never be able to reroll until i get a godly one, that's out of reality.

I hardly believe that someone who spammed reroll may have this opinion, i'm afraid the topic will just go -1 from every PVE player and +1 from every PVP player, maybe a waste we'll see

• Like 2

IMO it's quite acceptable. Malte do you hope that all the rerolls that you already used have been counted in a data somewhere ? :)

As soon that it's not too broken break a bit less the hearth of the people that spend 25m for nothing.

But what about instead of having percentage to get have the chance having a +12 iv maybe having something like after 10 reroll you can't have iv under 5 and then maybe +8 after 20reroll etc. but locked at +12 or +15iv mini.

Agree. All the 'hardcore' players wanting the most harsh experience clearly never played any other MMO ever, or never bothered to study the mechanics.

There are always bad luck protection mechanics in RnG-based MMOs. From World of Warcraft's extra coin roll on bosses/PvP for an additional chance of loot, to the more linear enhancing system on BDO where failing an upgrade increases the % chance on the next one. Two very different games, one casual with gear resets and the other quite hardcore grinding game with linear progress; the fundamental is still the same! It is RNG, it is still hard, but eventually you get it.

Right now PRO does not feel rewarding at all. I worked very hard to get the evolutions required, which was no joke back then, just to see my Latios being 100% useless. Not even decent for friends battles. Even worse feeling considering in original games legendary pokemons come with 3x31 stats guaranteed, indeed because harder to unlock/catch and to prevent people from feeling like crap receiving a useless thing for their hard work. I had to drop about 20 millions to 'fix' my Latios, without the guarantee I'd have ever had one. Horrible game design and leads people to quit, as many of my friends sadly did.

The suggested change in % seems more than reasonable to me; it is not 'game-breaking' (whatever you might even mean by it) and makes it so people are more inclined on rerolling their legendaries, rather than just gamble it sometimes. It adds a subtle linear progression to the game and increases pokemon's availability in PvP matches, many of which are heavily underrepresented right now due to IV limitations. On top of it all, we are talking about non-tradeable Pokemons, so economy isn't hurt by it in the slightest if not by an indirect effect of having more 'checks & counters' available in the long term, lowering the need and price of certain pokemons that currently walk over teams because 'Latios is really hard to get'.

All in all, very healthy change to the game. +1

TLDR: +1. Rerolls remain a Pokedollar sink (or $ :worryyes:). Linear progression being added means fewer people feel like quitting after catching/rerolling a bad legendary. Hunters aren't hurt, they aren't tradeable. More rewarding game experience for consistent grinders. Easier long-term Pokemon availability for PvP, to enrichen the Pokemon usage %s and teams variety.

• Like 4