Sailors

G3n3r4l

• 2 weeks later...

I'd say i can understand why as a player this suggestion seems logical and more QoL one and why many would want it..

But honestly? from a game developer point of view, this is a bad implementation and shouldn't happen.

With games like this, that doesn't have a huge base-player, spreading the main teleportation npc's into all regions would cause few issues:

1. Main Pokecenter will dillute in playerbase, and will make it seem like less players are on. one psychological influence of making a player feel like the world is alive and filled with players, is seeing others.. imagine what would it feel like if every place you will go will have less then 2-3players in it.. it will feel most of the time like you play a community-dead game. this will cause less enthusiasem from the game to the player and will make players lose interest.

2. Money sink. not all players use travel ticket, and those who don't , go back and forth to verm to use main transportation npc's. every game needs a GOOD money-sink, or else economy-inflation will occur. traveling fee's is by far one of the best money-sink games can have, that you don't feel too much and doesn't feel like it matters, but makes a big difference. (I'm sure if staff can output statistics on how much money spent on traveling in a week you will understand.) if the npc's will be at Every main town on all regions, you are minimizing one of the biggest money-sinks in the game by 40% ATLEAST.

both of this points are major points that must be taken into consideration when creating and changing in-game content.

now, I know I am not a staff member, nor I am trying to speak for them, but as a fellow game developer and one who's in the business for years now, i can't see how your suggestion will be implemented without dealing with those 2 issues, imho atleast.

By your first point, players are always spread out, you can never find somewhere where all the players will congregate, you can only know how many are on with commands, you won't be able to see them all on one map. I don't really think that not being able to see 30 people in one place will make people play the game less, as you can still see many people just in one area at one time.

And by money sink, this could be one of the most used money sinks in the game, I simply used the main port cities as an example of travel locations because, well, you know, they're port cities. It's self explanatory why i mentioned them. Having to spend the small extra 5k to travel from Eumi to Pinkan doesn't seem like much, but will accumulate over time. The bosses were nerfed some time ago to make room for more to prevent serious inflation, needing to travel around more, spending more money, is another prime example of a money sink.

We can also already see that this was in part added by the recent addition of the event NPCs being added in cinnabar and resort area, now i'm not saying this is because of me, but i'm also not saying its not. So thanks to the staff for not putting them in Verm again.

I think you may have understood that this is to nerf the money sink, or negate travelling but i've made it to increase travelling, and therefore costs of doing so.

582664592_SignaturePRO.gif.70cdafd9bdecee8b3cbad20ae1fcc93a.gif