Clarification on trade/forum auction .

Zetzumi

I am sorry I am sure you have been asked this question loads of times since the new discord update to the trade rules. The question I have is what about auctions that had started before the rule was in effect. I currently have an auction that I have not announced insta price on that was started before the rule change. Am I allowed to add an insta to that forum post or not? Also I do understand any other new forum auction since the rule update insta can only be edited or added until first bid/start out price is met then not after. Yet I have a question for clarification if someone offers a bid on forum and it does not meet the start price is the insta still allowed to be edited Or not due to the fact that a bid was placed even though it did not meet the start out price of the auction. Also a suggestion/question I had an auction end recently on a bisharp which I had several people bid within seconds/minutes of each other. Is it appropriate for me to post all in one reply since the bids where all ingame. I legit had three windows open monitoring time stamps. A small complaint with the new insta rule I understand why it was placed but as like in my current event volcarona auction. (see link) https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/topic/157841-url I don't like to announce insta right away I understand that people have been abusing the any time insta announced but perhaps a negotiation with that. Insta can be added at a later time as long as we specify in forums that "insta will be posted 24 hours before end of auction" and give specified time that would be? like our gmt and date? that way anyone who knows ahead of time that insta's before it is announced to public can be dealt with accordingly? I am uncertain how to monitor that but it is a thought. Or even allow us to keep the option to lower the insta after auction has been started only if it is within a specific time limit of end of auction like 24-48 hours and only in forum.? I know for some of the auctions I have done. I prefer to hold out before placing the insta and never reveal to anyone even if they ask in pms until it is posted in forum then announce to public ingame as well typically 24 hours before end depending on real life things. I understand if that is not a possibility I just thought to throw it out there. Thank you for all the hard work you do and the time taking to review this post.

Edited by Zetzumi
zetzumoi_polygon.png

Hello Zetzumi,

It goes for in effect starting from the announcement, every auction created after that will be monitored with that rule in effect. If you created it before the announcement you can add an insta. I can understand it might be a bit frustrating and we did take a certain time left in concideration to announce an insta but that would still not tackle the problem as it would be very hard to monitor that with everyone having a different timezone.

There have been several auctions where people broke the rule and negotiated, we can clearly see it on an auction page but since there is never any solid proof since it is done in Pms we could never make those auctions fair for the other players who offered.

Yet I have a question for clarification if someone offers a bid on forum and it does not meet the start price is the insta still allowed to be edited

If that happens you can still edit it since they did not offer your start price meaning the auction is not started. Once the actual start price is met and the timer given for your auction it can not be changed anymore.

I know it is annoying when the small group of players who break the rules ruin it for the players who dont but we had to tackle the problem now to keep auctions as fair as possible.

I hope this cleared it up a bit more, if you have any remaining questions let me know

Have a nice day,

Sincerely Hawluchaa

• Like 1

20210407_201806.gif

To piggyback on @Zetzumi thread:

Hi @Hawluchaa, could you & the staff team fix this little discrepancy in different documents regarding the new rule?

In the announcement, it said that insta cannot be changed OR ADDED once an auction met the Start Price:

1597734888236.png.92a1ab991d95f77cac2b122d8782f770.png

However, in the 2 official threads, it only tells that insta price cannot be changed, missing the "cannot be added" restriction:

1597735014133.png.ab44860ac4cb567aaef219ed754a62a6.png

https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/topic/119709-url

https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/topic/29538-url

I believe the intended rule is to include both "cannot be changed" and "cannot be added" restrictions, to elimite all possibilties for insta negotiation.

It's a good change, and I fully agree and support it. This also goes to show that staffs are responsive to the players's voices from the Suggestion forum.

Thank you.

• Like 1

Hello Zetzumi,

It goes for in effect starting from the announcement, every auction created after that will be monitored with that rule in effect. If you created it before the announcement you can add an insta. I can understand it might be a bit frustrating and we did take a certain time left in concideration to announce an insta but that would still not tackle the problem as it would be very hard to monitor that with everyone having a different timezone.

There have been several auctions where people broke the rule and negotiated, we can clearly see it on an auction page but since there is never any solid proof since it is done in Pms we could never make those auctions fair for the other players who offered.

If that happens you can still edit it since they did not offer your start price meaning the auction is not started. Once the actual start price is met and the timer given for your auction it can not be changed anymore.

I know it is annoying when the small group of players who break the rules ruin it for the players who dont but we had to tackle the problem now to keep auctions as fair as possible.

I hope this cleared it up a bit more, if you have any remaining questions let me know

Have a nice day,

Sincerely Hawluchaa

It cleared up alot thank you so much for getting back to me.

zetzumoi_polygon.png

To piggyback on @Zetzumi thread:

Hi @Hawluchaa, could you & the staff team fix this little discrepancy in different documents regarding the new rule?

In the announcement, it said that insta cannot be changed OR ADDED once an auction met the Start Price:

[ATTACH type=full" alt="171178]171178[/ATTACH]

However, in the 2 official threads, it only tells that insta price cannot be changed, missing the "cannot be added" restriction:

[ATTACH type=full" alt="171180]171180[/ATTACH]

https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/topic/119709-url

https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/topic/29538-url

I believe the intended rule is to include both "cannot be changed" and "cannot be added" restrictions, to elimite all possibilties for insta negotiation.

It's a good change, and I fully agree and support it. This also goes to show that staffs are responsive to the players's voices from the Suggestion forum.

Thank you.

Has been adjusted, thank you for pointing it out.

Have a nice day,

Sincerely Hawluchaa

20210407_201806.gif