make an online countown mandatory for all auctions

Weavile1234

should online countdown be made mendatory?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. should online countdown be made mendatory?

• yes
    • no

auction timings make a big fuss for the bidder as well as the seller as most of the time there is a conflict between the bidder and seller  about whether the time is over or not. it also increases the work of mods as they have to come in and check whether the time is over or not. Making an online timer mandatory for all forum auction would help with this alot.

Edited by weavile1234

• Weavile1234 changed the title to make an online countown mandatory for all auctions

Most auctions have the timer started once the start bid has been made, so the auctioneer would have to be online at the minute the starting offer is made. Elsewhise I feel like there is room for error just as there is now. As it is now many people seem to struggle to know the starting point of an auction, so I dont think most timers would even be correct.

It is pretty easy to check starting times of auctions with the current state.

grafik.png.c00f77b7cbe26b40f2e5ab7c33673638.png

If the auction duration is 24 hours or 2 days, people would just need to add the duration to the date to know when the auction ends. If people are unable to do that simple thing, I dont know if an online timer would help or cause even more confusion.

In principle a countdown clock is a good idea.

In reality its stymied by the fact that most auctions start on the 1st bid, and would therefore mean a whole new bidding process that could no longer be driven by posts in the same way.

The other option is auctions no longer start after the first bid, I'm agaist this as I think it makes auctions worse.

The other bugbear is the 15min rule, which with a count down clock would leave people more confused

A-Z Pokémon Shop Gold - Open     Shiny Shop Gold

Discord: Allsmell#8974      

Norex does bring up a good point, that shorter auctions don't need it, but for longer auctions i think it could be good, even if it's still simple, auctions that go into a new month would get confusing, i think it's a good idea overall, seeing as it takes little to no effort to make the countdown, i think it's a good idea

582664592_SignaturePRO.gif.70cdafd9bdecee8b3cbad20ae1fcc93a.gif

2 hours ago, g3n3r4l said:

Norex does bring up a good point, that shorter auctions don't need it, but for longer auctions i think it could be good, even if it's still simple, auctions that go into a new month would get confusing, i think it's a good idea overall, seeing as it takes little to no effort to make the countdown, i think it's a good idea

i have seena suggestion sumilar before

Edited by Algerie31
edit

discord = algerie31#5698

Coarse-Finished-Grunion-size-restricted.gif