I need your help please :)

Xshokuri

Hi there,

i´m new at this game and so i have no clue what the different pokemon´s are worth. It would be nice if you could help me with that and rate some of mine. :)

Or better if ou could tell me which stats/nature are important and if hidden powers always increase the price?

Spoiler 1)

So as an example i have three Growlithe and i would say all of them had not soo bad iv´s but how can i rate them? One of them had green Speed but an iv from 18 it is more worth then the neutral one with spd 31?  And is a Growlithe with good ivs but bad nature (because lowered spd) something worth or just trash?

Spoiler

329649246_fukano3.PNG.2cd5b6f9a3a1c11aa34e6eed05eb0b2f.PNGfukano2.PNG.8da36b48507a4d6ccd5d03a1ff455149.PNG1447887071_fukano1.PNG.d7cdfb381ccced0d0aed80406ba013cb.PNG

Spoiler 2) Same with those  Magikarp´s. i would say all iv´s are noth that bad but also not rly the best trash or like maybe 10k worth?

Spoiler

magi4.PNG.0d4ac195b2b421dc8aa7bce47c4328c4.PNG905715620_magi3.PNG.81d316637d6bc3c6f8c22cf56aafb8f4.PNG1792955151_magi2.PNG.36937e067d1ff809c17524c520b365ad.PNGmagi1.PNG.1f8fb2cb602dcc9c67ffad63324d5883.PNG

Spoiler 3) i would say the ducklett had very good iv´s but its a not a "famous" pokemon so is he still something worth? More worth then the magby or panser? 

Spoiler

magby1.PNG.2506bd2facbd2be0c62b366e2e677730.PNGpans1.PNG.1a7925be68195592275e49dbecb1f7c7.PNGducklett.PNG.8984d81ed7885966994677a8fce00c8c.PNG

4 and last Spoiler)  How much are trained pokemon worth? (Still will lvl them to lvl 100) 

Spoiler

gyarados.PNG.e838025e09cdb61fbfbc0d33b3f0e7eb.PNGnINETAILS.PNG.794e6ce3fe8ded8b4dfc4c5d6fda1f6b.PNGCamerupt.PNG.d45cab7e3d9faf500b3a566f2d29f5fa.PNGCrawdaunt.PNG.5ab2107e69bf25722e2a161e610f49fe.PNG

So are there any details were i have to look at to rate a pokemon? Iv´s, spd always more worth? Rarity of the pokemon? and so on? im rly lost and rly need your help. Thanks For readiny my thread and i hope some of you can help me. BIg THANKS! :))

7 minutes ago, xShokuri said:

Hi there,

i´m new at this game and so i have no clue what the different pokemon´s are worth. It would be nice if you could help me with that and rate some of mine. 🙂

Or better if ou could tell me which stats/nature are important and if hidden powers always increase the price?

Spoiler 1)

So as an example i have three Growlithe and i would say all of them had not soo bad iv´s but how can i rate them? One of them had green Speed but an iv from 18 it is more worth then the neutral one with spd 31?  And is a Growlithe with good ivs but bad nature (because lowered spd) something worth or just trash?

Reveal hidden contents

329649246_fukano3.PNG.2cd5b6f9a3a1c11aa34e6eed05eb0b2f.PNGfukano2.PNG.8da36b48507a4d6ccd5d03a1ff455149.PNG1447887071_fukano1.PNG.d7cdfb381ccced0d0aed80406ba013cb.PNG

Spoiler 2) Same with those  Magikarp´s. i would say all iv´s are noth that bad but also not rly the best trash or like maybe 10k worth?

Reveal hidden contents

magi4.PNG.0d4ac195b2b421dc8aa7bce47c4328c4.PNG905715620_magi3.PNG.81d316637d6bc3c6f8c22cf56aafb8f4.PNG1792955151_magi2.PNG.36937e067d1ff809c17524c520b365ad.PNGmagi1.PNG.1f8fb2cb602dcc9c67ffad63324d5883.PNG

Spoiler 3) i would say the ducklett had very good iv´s but its a not a "famous" pokemon so is he still something worth? More worth then the magby or panser? 

Reveal hidden contents

magby1.PNG.2506bd2facbd2be0c62b366e2e677730.PNGpans1.PNG.1a7925be68195592275e49dbecb1f7c7.PNGducklett.PNG.8984d81ed7885966994677a8fce00c8c.PNG

4 and last Spoiler)  How much are trained pokemon worth? (Still will lvl them to lvl 100) 

Reveal hidden contents

gyarados.PNG.e838025e09cdb61fbfbc0d33b3f0e7eb.PNGnINETAILS.PNG.794e6ce3fe8ded8b4dfc4c5d6fda1f6b.PNGCamerupt.PNG.d45cab7e3d9faf500b3a566f2d29f5fa.PNGCrawdaunt.PNG.5ab2107e69bf25722e2a161e610f49fe.PNG

So are there any details were i have to look at to rate a pokemon? Iv´s, spd always more worth? Rarity of the pokemon? and so on? im rly lost and rly need your help. Thanks For readiny my thread and i hope some of you can help me. BIg THANKS! :))

Hello! Normally, I don't answer posts in the trade zone but since you're a newbie and you're asking for advice, I guessed I could go and comment a bit. Keep in mind all prices are subjective and they change depending on everyone's opinions.

Basically, a pokemon's worth depends on many factors: PRO economy and market, how much people want the pokemon, how good is it in pvp or in bosses, if it's a collector's pokemon (obtainable only in certain bosses, shiny forms, special forms), and then we get into the specifics such as nature, ability, gender (for Ralts, for example), moveset, ivs, if it's ev trained or not, level trained or not, if it's wrongly ev trained, if it's evolved when it shouldn't be (certain pokemon benefit more from certain natures when not fully evolved than others. The easiest example is Dusclops and Dusknoir. Dusclops is a tank while Dusknoir is a tanky attacker, in newbie terms, and you build one as a full tank while the other is built as a slow but annoying attacker that can tank some hits. 

Normally, when a pokemon is considered completely useless due to having the wrong nature, being low tier (this means they're easy to find, as we mention tiers in their rarity due to the Reborn discord bot everyone uses to find them), or having really bad stats and having the wrong conditions mentioned above, they are only worth 1 to 5 thousand pokedollars. They are commonly sold to fill the Pokedex of other users that need to obtain Caught and Evolved data for specific pokemon so as to access specific quests. If you have a pokemon which has really bad stats and nature, ability and overall is unusable even for the normal story (you can use a lot of bad things for story, but they just make it harder), it's basically worth near nothing.

It is generally considered that the neutral natures make a pokemon literally worthless unless their ivs are insane and the other conditions are also met. This is because having the important natures right is exceptional for a pokemon, the small 10% boost in one stat can make a pokemon completely pvpable or completely garbage if the nature cripples them. Any level 100 pokemon that is basically garbage or unusable for bosses/pvp is basically worth from 30 to 50 thousand pokedollars as you can sell them to newbies or other people who are rushing through story and want to beat it fast. However, I heavily suggest NOT to train pokemon with neutral natures.

We could continue the explanation for days, but we'll go over the pokemon: Timid Growlithe is kind of a gimmicky Growlithe set, but it's ok to use it for story. It's not worth much unless all of its important/relevant IV (or orange numbers) are over 20 since it's a low tier (Easily catchable and findable) pokemon to capture and train. Growlithe normally prefers Jolly/Adamant natures, and can also work with Impish (with Intimidate) and Naive/Timid (with Flash Fire). Your Growlithe can be good for story, though. The Relaxed one has insane IVs, the nature cripples its speed but it works similarly to Impish with Intimidate, and I heavily suggest you use that one for story, even if its HP is low and the nature is not the best, its overall ivs are really good and it's very tanky. The neutral nature one is completely discardable, it has nothing good going for it, sadly. I'd only be able to sell the two Growlithe for 10k each at best, they can be way better.

Magikarp is one of the easiest pokemon to farm in existence and thus, no one buys one unless it's extremely good, has a good nature, ivs, ability, and so on. Out of all of your Magikarps, the only one that is actually good and can work for story is the Naughty one. It is virtually impossible to sell Magikarp, even for Pokedex data, since it's literally obtainable everywhere. The Naughty one is helpful for story and will carry you there, it's worth 10 to 20k at best.

The Ducklett and Pansear make me super sad lol, if you had gotten good natures they'd be worth more than 5k. Sadly, they have the worst possible natures and that completely cripples them (the 5 neutral natures and Gentle and Lax are terrible for literally all pokemon in existence). They'd be worth 5k for Pokedex data. The Magby is really, really good for story though and could even work in bosses with Baton Pass teams as a sweeper (it's still improvable, though). You can try to sell it for 10 to 20k.

The Camerupt and Ninetales are sadly awful with their natures, but they're still okay for Story Rush. You'd be able to sell them for 30 to 50k. The Crawdaunt can go up to 70k because of its luckily decent nature (if his ability were Adaptability, that nature would be viable in PvP together with the better ability and max speed IV, it would've been amazing). The Gyarados is actually extremely good and can work in PvP if you fix the EVs a bit and get it to level 100. You can sell it for 300 to 400k if you're a bit lucky.

I hope this all helped you! Keep in mind economy is subjective and everyone has their prices 🙂

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxydK7CUEwL47Ym7hIkMbSA <- Youtube channel with guides!

https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/forum/13-game-guide/ <- Check my game guides (and other's guides) here!

Since Bhimoso has covered a lot of info, I will try to answer in a different way.

If I have to explain how to price Pokemon to a newcomer, I will give him a basic formula like this:

Price = Tier + Nature + IV + Pokemon's Role + Supply/Demand

Tier: The rarer, the more expensive
Nature: Research the desirable Pokemon's nature(s) from Smogon website will be your best bet. There will be a lot to learn.
IV + Pokemon's Role: There's a lot to say, but my rule of thumb is: Sweeper Pokemon = Prioritize 31 Spd (or as high as possible) + Atk/Spatk. Defensive Pokemon = Overall high IV of HP + Def + SPDef.
Supply/Demand: Normally, the more sought after/meta a Pokemon is, the pricer it becomes. There's a monthly list which publicizes PRO's top Pokemon usage in Forum. Nevertheless, if a player really wants to buy a very niche mon that no one hunts, say Unown for example, he might be willing to pay a premium price for an epic Unown, while no one else would be willing to pay that high.

Keep in mind those basics, then you can read around and learn a lots about Pokemon price through forum and in-game completed deals. If you can't find past deals about a Pokemon you wanna sell/buy, you can ask friends who are experienced enough, and hopefully they will know the relevant info.

Thank you so much Bhimoso!

You helped me alot, Thanks for taking your time to give me such a awesome answer. 

but there is still one question left.. what is the Reborn discord bot? Well i think i go on the Discord Server and find it out, but i think its a bot you give a pokemon name and he said how rare it is? ^^

Exists a list were stand which nature and ability a perfekt for a certain pokemon?

Thanks again ❤️

2 minutes ago, xShokuri said:

Thank you so much Bhimoso!

You helped me alot, Thanks for taking your time to give me such a awesome answer. 

but there is still one question left.. what is the Reborn discord bot? Well i think i go on the Discord Server and find it out, but i think its a bot you give a pokemon name and he said how rare it is? ^^

Exists a list were stand which nature and ability a perfekt for a certain pokemon?

Thanks again ❤️

The Reborn discord bot is the bot that will basically provide you with the info on where to find any pokemon on PRO. This also affects its value, as there are pokemon that require Membership, other pokemon are only obtainable in side quest related areas, they may require that you complete several regions, or are extremely hard to catch (like Beldum). You can check Smogon to guide yourself on what natures can be useful for certain pokemon, but there's an absurd amount of possibilities, natures and different combinations for every pokemon to try out. There's some preferred natures and abilities you can ask people so that they give you advice, but there's always weird sets to try. For example, Salamance is normally a really fast and strong physical attacker, but he gets really good specially attacking moves, and he can work in a lot of different ways. Arcanine has the same issue, he can be physical, special, mixed, or tanky (in competitive pokemon in the doubles format, for example). There's a lot of environments where some pokemon can have multiple sets. However, yes, you can use the SMOGON website to check for preferable natures and sets 🙂 otherwise you can always ask in forums or discord or ingame!

https://discord.gg/98pMNxq You can join the official PRO Discord server here and use the bot there and try it out 🙂 they have the commands pinned in #bot-commands!

(alternative you can join my discord in my signature below my posts lol, I'll help you out too)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxydK7CUEwL47Ym7hIkMbSA <- Youtube channel with guides!

https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/forum/13-game-guide/ <- Check my game guides (and other's guides) here!

5 minutes ago, Bhimoso said:

The Reborn discord bot is the bot that will basically provide you with the info on where to find any pokemon on PRO. This also affects its value, as there are pokemon that require Membership, other pokemon are only obtainable in side quest related areas, they may require that you complete several regions, or are extremely hard to catch (like Beldum). You can check Smogon to guide yourself on what natures can be useful for certain pokemon, but there's an absurd amount of possibilities, natures and different combinations for every pokemon to try out. There's some preferred natures and abilities you can ask people so that they give you advice, but there's always weird sets to try. For example, Salamance is normally a really fast and strong physical attacker, but he gets really good specially attacking moves, and he can work in a lot of different ways. Arcanine has the same issue, he can be physical, special, mixed, or tanky (in competitive pokemon in the doubles format, for example). There's a lot of environments where some pokemon can have multiple sets. However, yes, you can use the SMOGON website to check for preferable natures and sets 🙂 otherwise you can always ask in forums or discord or ingame!

https://discord.gg/98pMNxq You can join the official PRO Discord server here and use the bot there and try it out 🙂 they have the commands pinned in #bot-commands!

(alternative you can join my discord in my signature below my posts lol, I'll help you out too)

Allright. Joined both servers now 🙂