<IDEA> For Bandwidth/Queue Issues

Tquadded

What do you think of this idea?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. What do you think of this idea?

• No way!
    • Heck yes!

I just had an idea so I'm calling in all moderators! *cough* Deathwing *cough*

Anyway, since this server bandwidth/queue issue is such a big problem for both the PRO team and the players, I propose the awesome system of epicness! :Light:

So basically how it works is, when a queue exists you are put into a "singleplayer" version of the game. You will be playing on this version while you wait for the queue (which would be displayed somewhere on the screen). This version would be exactly the same as the normal game but without multiplayer connection. You will be notified when you are closer to the front of the queue, sort of like when you get notified in the safari zone. (e.g. "You are 10th in queue. Prepare to be transferred.") When you have reached your turn in the queue, you are transitioned into the actual online version of the game, and your "singleplayer" progress is synced with the multiplayer one.

With this system, the PRO team would take out the stress/need to upgrade the bandwidth while the players would be able to actually play the game when there is a long queue. This benefits both the PRO team and the players.

What do you guys think? Vote in the poll! :Angel:

119603 I just had an idea so I'm calling in all moderators! *cough* Deathwing *cough*

Anyway, since this server bandwidth/queue issue is such a big problem for both the PRO team and the players, I propose the awesome system of epicness! :Light:

So basically how it works is, when a queue exists you are put into a "singleplayer" version of the game. You will be playing on this version while you wait for the queue (which would be displayed somewhere on the screen). This version would be exactly the same as the normal game but without multiplayer connection. You will be notified when you are closer to the front of the queue, sort of like when you get notified in the safari zone. (e.g. "You are 10th in queue. Prepare to be transferred.") When you have reached your turn in the queue, you are transitioned into the actual online version of the game, and your "singleplayer" progress is synced with the multiplayer one.

With this system, the PRO team would take out the stress/need to upgrade the bandwidth while the players would be able to actually play the game when there is a long queue. This benefits both the PRO team and the players.

What do you guys think? Vote in the poll! :Angel:

Good idea in theory, but this wouldn't work because of the way the client and the server function.

wycTAcv.gif

Sig created by Annazhee

sorry to tell you but that would probably make more problems than it would solve. also think it would be even harder on the server to sync the singleplayer to the miltiplayer.

now the blue server will come up soon and i think that will help alot on server queue.

119627 Just putting ideas out there. I don't really care whether it's possible or not. The more brainstorming, the more we can filter out to be actually helpful ideas. :Grin:

well we wont make offline client but "having something to do while waiting queue" was good to put on suggestion box.