Improve Pokemon Doctor Tasks.

Lyfr

Pokemon Doctor Tasks are pretty much useless.

The rewards that you may get are not a good things very often, im not asking for putting things like larvitar, jangmo-o, cutiefly or things like that. 

The pokemons that u can get are very often not good, also, when you get to the highest rank theres a chance to be able to cure starter pokemons from the region the daycare is in, but its unlikely the worst way to get a good pokemon, first of all, the tasks ask for a lot of things that may vary, things like vitamins, rare candys, some random berrys and even things like soothe bell, metal coat, sharp beak, mystic water and things like that so it asks for a lot of resources

Sometimes the granny asks you to look for a plant, item or something that is somewhere around the region, for example in hoenn the blue shell that its in route 129 underwater, the deep clay in diglets cave while in kanto, the golden olphistle in lake of rage in johto, or the ancient seed in ruins valley of sevii islands, the "rarer" the poke is, for example a starter, the more things like this you should go to look for, so its slow.

I always used a train ticket to travel between regions and citys to do this tasks more often and a little more easier but its still not worth doing it and still takes time for such a low chance to get a good pokemon, imagine someone that doesnt have the train ticket to do something like this, or someone that just wants to explore the things the game has to offer at the moment the player unlocks the daycare by defeating Naero Boss, its easy for the first tasks, it most likely asks for 1 or 2 steps to heal the pokemon, and its not a lot but when u get to 3rd rank pokemons in this tasks, it can ask for 4 or 5 steps and it doesnt sound like a lot, but it actually is when introducing the plants/items that you have to search in the whole region, or when the granny asks for a vitamin and you have to go to a department store because for some reason you dont have more vitamins.

0xqRFkM.png

now this mudkip needs chimney ash so i had to got to lavaridge town once to try get the first step done.

JsCv5Hz.png

now she asked for a tiny mushroom, glad i had one in the backpack, so i got second step done

Ekc4dR4.png

chimney ash again, twice now, so i had to go to lavaridge again from mauville city to get chimney ash, glad that i wasnt asked to get the blue shell that i talked about earlier

yqUgmeZ.png

at this moment i gave up, she asked for a poison barb, i dont have it, i dont know where to get it or even if its possible to buy it anywhere from an npc, if its not "buyable" then i have to investigate and hunt for a poke that can hold it, just for this mudkip that its not 100% sure to be a good or even decent one.

pSAgV0d.png

instead for looking for a poison barb or doing all this i could just go to safari and try to hunt for a mudkip myself, a lot easier and can even find another poke that i might want while hunting for it, so, its not worth doing this tasks.

I think the pokemon doctor tasks by itself its well made and its perfect but the problem is the rewards. I think it may be good to add extra rewards like for example pve coins and increasing the cooldown of this so people cant abuse it so much with its 6-11 hours cooldown, pokedollars, maybe clothes as a rare-tier reward like a nurse cap, nurse joy clothes or something like that, making this method of getting pokemons have a little higher chance to get shinys or something, an special daycare skin pokemons, i dont know, something!

Improving the pokemon doctor tasks in some way can get more players interested on it and make the game a little more fun, its a pretty much unexplored area of the game as i saw in a lot of players around the community im in because of its kind of bad rewards, this is my suggestion.

+1 For the most part. I think it could be a great quest in 2021 with some updates/tweaks.

I agree about the deep blue shell. I think it should be looked at. It takes a long time to get there and finding it can be confusing, especially for new players.

Changing the pokemon reward could be more updated to make it more appealing. For example the kanto rewards tier 2-4 are Mime Jr, Munchlax, Abra, Shellder. Almost all players will skip these. Happiny is tier 1 which is nice, but unfortunately is no longer a possible reward once your doctor rank increases.

As another example Johto has Pichu, Togepi, Bonsly and Mantyke for tier 2-4.

Maybe some pokemon like Togepi and Munchlax would have been desirable a few years ago, but in 2021 they are not really relevant enough to be desirable rewards. I think a small update like this would make the quest appealing again.

Edited by DeIta