frame border in pc

Citizenpete

Hey,

Like we all do, we release pokemon from pc.

Would it be possible to get a different frame border for any event or shiny pokemon?

I was thinking of one different frame border for all event/shiny pokemon, just to make the difference with all the "normal" pokemon

In order to maybe have less people asking to restore pokemons?

I made the mistake quite some times now, because some event, at this size, look a bit the same with the original form.

Thanks for reading

Thanks for support

And thanks in advance if my idea make his way!

ps :

And also maybe we could have access to another frame border, and "mark" the pokemon we like in pc?

Without reworking all pc (even if having a type searching bar could be nice 🙂 )

Edited by CitizenPete
  • Like 1

Yes games asks you if you are sure to release, hopefully!

But to be honest, i don't see colors exactly as you see them normally and sometimes it's hard at this size, to make the difference

And would be too long to open each poke stat to know, just to avoid waste of time...

Example : event slowpoke and normal slowpoke

+1

and i checked g3n3r4ls profile, he love all the admin and devs ideas even they are bad, and all of other suggestions are commented -1 by him, so dont mind him, its a good suggestion these little tings will make game really good in time

17 hours ago, rhev said:

+1

and i checked g3n3r4ls profile, he love all the admin and devs ideas even they are bad, and all of other suggestions are commented -1 by him, so dont mind him, its a good suggestion these little tings will make game really good in time

But @g3n3r4l still has a valid point.

From reading a few of his comments on other suggestions, he may be against most of them and give them a "-1".

But most of the time he has concrete and valid points and arguments.

I believe that it is biased to render his opinion in favour of a staff's idea contra a regular user's idea.

I would say that he is contributing equally to a suggestion rather than just give it a "+1", agree on everything and move on.

Its especially important to see both the negative and positive side of a suggestion.

While he may focus mostly on the negative on some, it doesn't render his opinion worthless in that regards.

As a final comment to this.

Being respectful towards other user's opinion(s) is a important key factor to improve any and every suggestion.

If it wasn't contructive feedback, I would understand your point. However in this case, it was a constructive feedback that he gave us. 

If you want to further discuss this @rhev, I'll be more than happy to discuss this in private.
Click this to start a conversation with me.

To not slide too far away from the topic at hand, I will give my honest opinion below.

As that was my orginal intent, but I could not just ignore such a disrepectful comment right in front of me.

My honest opinion on this suggestion:

While someone has mentioned already, there is a confirmation message right before releasing the Pokemon into the wild.

If the user in fact does ignore this and still release it. It is entirely their fault for not checking twice to ensure it was the right Pokemon.

It will not, as mentioned in the OP, reduce the amount of requests made to the megathread about restoring Pokemon by implemeting this suggestion sadly.

Simply put, because users would still release it by accident, but why?

They could release a regular Pokemon by accident, which means whether it had special border or not, it would not prevent them from releasing the Pokemon either way.

On the other hand, it would stand out if you accidently do put your shiny or event-exclusive Pokemon in the release bin.

Maybe it could aid some unfortunate souls who in the nick of time noticed it, right before clicking "confirm" by the change of confirmation message/frame skin.

What I would have done to improve this suggestion a step further:

I would have included a double confirmation message when trying to release a event-exclusive or shiny Pokemon.

By doing so, the user would quickly understand that something is wrong, before acting a second time.

Here are some PROs and CONs about your suggestion.

PROs:

• Could in some cases prevent a few users from releasing a event/shiny pokemon by accident.
  • Would improve the current system that don't differ between shiny, event or normal Pokemon releases.
  • New design is always a plus.

CONs:

• Would not completely erase the fact that people would still release Pokemon by accident.
  • Would not reduce the requests made to the megathread about restoring Pokemon (I may in some degree lighten the requets made, but would still be a issue)
  • With a PC box update soon, the suggest may have already been resolved by a new feature or a rework.
  • Even with a different frame border, it would in most cases not matter if the user is fast enough to click.

I'm neither for or against this suggestion, but I've given my PROs and CONs regarding it.

Because as @g3n3r4lsaid, there will eventually be a PC Box update that may also improve or has improved the current release system.

Thus, this suggestion may have already been solved in the future PC Box update.

Edited by Electrocute4u
  • Like 1

Contributor 

"In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different"

Forum post | Bulba - Discord Bot | Website

MyAnimeList Profile and Stats

Discord Status

spacer.png

19 hours ago, rhev said:

+1

Apologies if you don't like the way i look at things, i just find that generally people don't look at the downsides of a problem and rather only look at the good things this can bring, or simply, as you did, give a "+1" and move on. I generally think that there can be many good things that come with this suggestion, however at the same time this suggestion already has a way to be stopped by simply seeing the "Are you sure you wanted to release this pokemon". 

And yes, i do understand that you would be upset at me when i said -1 to your suggestions, while explaining my reasoning, that you would be upset, but personally, didn't think they'd work out.

Thanks for understanding. : )

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

582664592_SignaturePRO.gif.70cdafd9bdecee8b3cbad20ae1fcc93a.gif

On 3/4/2021 at 7:39 PM, CitizenPete said:

Hey,

Like we all do, we release pokemon from pc.

Would it be possible to get a different frame border for any event or shiny pokemon?

I was thinking of one different frame border for all event/shiny pokemon, just to make the difference with all the "normal" pokemon

In order to maybe have less people asking to restore pokemons?

I made the mistake quite some times now, because some event, at this size, look a bit the same with the original form.

Thanks for reading

Thanks for support

And thanks in advance if my idea make his way!

ps :

And also maybe we could have access to another frame border, and "mark" the pokemon we like in pc?

Without reworking all pc (even if having a type searching bar could be nice 🙂 )

I mean....... Considering the chances of you encountering a shiny whilst releasing a pokemon is like astromonical (sarcasm) i genuinly dont think there is a "confusion" aspect of them overlapping. I mean, having different frames is fine and all but that reason itself really doesnt mean much xD

...And all will burn, beneath the shadow of my wings.

1165D9A76F16E125E61514F70BC6AF4369639B5D