Applying "Modern" skin on a PRO wiki user account, bugs out the user completely. [Refuses connection to all pages on PRO wiki while logged in]

Desumi

This is basically a "bug report". But there is nowhere to post Wiki bugs... So, here is a "question" instead.

So I'm more or less pleading in a support section for help, and hopefully some kind souls would rescue me eventually.

I recently got myself access to editing the PRO wiki, like literally 2 hours ago... Must be a new world record in finding a bug  on PRO's Wiki after just getting access to an account

And the curious person I am, I started tweaking with my account settings after finishing up a guide.

I happened to stumble across, what at that time seemed like a decent settings.

Little did I know... that one of those listed skins... namely... "Modern" would crash the website whenever you are logged in with a account who has applied it.

Is there any way to reset the user settings manually or have a admin fix it?

Whenever I use PRO wiki, while logged in. It cannot connect to any site within the wiki domain.

It says that it refuses to connect. Most likely due to the broken skin "Modern" that I applied before the page crashed.

As far as I am concerned. It haven't affected the website in general. Only my user account when logged in.

Hopefully there exists a solution to either reverse the changes or delete the account and establish a new one.

Because I cannot access the wiki while logged in, and I cannot contribute without having an account, if I want to create what I have planned.

Edited by Electrocute4u
  • Like 2

Contributor 

"In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different"

Forum post | Bulba - Discord Bot | Website

MyAnimeList Profile and Stats

Discord Status

spacer.png

• Desumi changed the title to Applying "Modern" skin on a PRO wiki user account, bugs out the user complete. [Refuses connection to all pages on PRO wiki while logged in]

I used the last 7 hours reading through every single documentation, post, support tickets, provided by mediawiki.org on potensially overiding the skin manually.

And, after 7 hours I finally found myself the solution...

In short, they allowed for a parameter called "useskin" to be applied to the url, changing the user's wiki page style manually.

By simply calling the parameter "useskin=vector", it would load any page fine again, and I was able to manually set the wiki skin to Vector because that is the default and working skin.

I suggest that someone in charge and who have access to edit the skins file, disables "Modern" skin, which is the original skin from 2008.

As the current code basically breakes the account or any page when loaded in with that skin.

For someone with such access, please take a look at this section here, for a documentation on how to do so.

I'll just mark this as a solution.

• Like 1

Contributor 

"In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different"

Forum post | Bulba - Discord Bot | Website

MyAnimeList Profile and Stats

Discord Status

spacer.png

• Desumi changed the title to Applying "Modern" skin on a PRO wiki user account, bugs out the user completely. [Refuses connection to all pages on PRO wiki while logged in]

Hey.

I read your post and it's good that you found an answer, but there is a place to talk about the wiki and any problems you have with it. We have a dedicated Discord server for the wiki.

Here, you can talk to Naero, the prowiki admin, problems such as these. Or, you can speak with an Editor. 

Staff don't really get involved in the wiki, so the Discord server is the best way to talk about wiki stuff.