Someone needs to NERF these Gym Leaders

Notaccountable

no...flying pokemon dont get hit by ground moves...charizard is fire/flying.

Please, when you come and complain about something, actually do research on typing.

This game isnt meant to be easy. Gym leaders are supposed to be hard.

TJ6qktU.gif

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share the question on the forums due to being of use to others. Please use proper forum. Unsolicited messages will be trashed. Thanks.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

121919 That magnamite with thunderwave and sturdys not a bad idea ill try it

I beat Giovanni's mewtwo in a similar way since I only leveled bulbasaur and it's god awful against psychic/steel just leech seeded and stalled with 5 sturdy geodudes... rip challenge

The changllenge in gym battle is the way u use pokemon to battle with them, not by it stronger or higher lv. It is the strategy as each gym leader always have methods to pass easily. Thinking about that, it will help you in pvp too

I totally understand that usually strategy surpasses strength within a certain gap and that there should be easy ways to win if you exploit that. I am really trying to run home the fact that at that point in the game its too difficult.

The reason why in competitive its all about strategy in keeping the sweeper alive and healthy, but remember thats when we as the players are not limited to the pokemon in our party or move list we are available to.

However as you can easily see in the story mode we are clearly limited to the options of which we have. We can only catch a certain type of pokemon in certain areas. As of right now we realistically can only train our pokemon to a certain point and we are most certainly limited to the amount of moves we are available to. Only in Jhoto will we get the surpluss of options and since we are limited to all these things I dont think strategy should be the main focus at this point. However if they do want to focus on strategy then it is imperative that we as the users should have more options to use our creativity and stratigically plan to how we want and not how were expected to

121935 I totally understand that usually strategy surpasses strength within a certain gap and that there should be easy ways to win if you exploit that. I am really trying to run home the fact that at that point in the game its too difficult.

The reason why in competitive its all about strategy in keeping the sweeper alive and healthy, but remember thats when we as the players are not limited to the pokemon in our party or move list we are available to.

However as you can easily see in the story mode we are clearly limited to the options of which we have. We can only catch a certain type of pokemon in certain areas. As of right now we realistically can only train our pokemon to a certain point and we are most certainly limited to the amount of moves we are available to. Only in Jhoto will we get the surpluss of options and since we are limited to all these things I dont think strategy should be the main focus at this point. However if they do want to focus on strategy then it is imperative that we as the users should have more options to use our creativity and stratigically plan to how we want and not how were expected to

But the strategy is simple as Rock-paper-scissors, you cannot go out the rules. Many things have limits of this, ofc still have some alternative option. For example, the normal ways of beat Mewtwo of Giovanni is magmemite sturdy + thunderway, however, my ways is use golem sturdy with suicide. That is variable option within the limit of rules.

Additionally, Gym 1 - Brock can beat by budew, mankey, poliwag - that various option. It just don't use the pikachu for Brock :Shocked: That not Pikachu of Ash anime, who can thunder shock Onix :etc:

121921 I beat Giovanni's mewtwo in a similar way since I only leveled bulbasaur and it's god awful against psychic/steel just leech seeded and stalled with 5 sturdy geodudes... rip challenge

I did that to Lance's dragonair before reaching vermillion. But instead of sturdy, I timed dig with his hyper beam.

121935 I totally understand that usually strategy surpasses strength within a certain gap and that there should be easy ways to win if you exploit that. I am really trying to run home the fact that at that point in the game its too difficult.

Every player reached at that point. in my case, I got stuck with sabrina and her psychic pokes . Instead of ranting(no offense), I examined my pokemon and try to augment my team. In your case, your team got stuck at this point. In my opinion, most of your pokes in oyur team aren't durable enough to withstand his attacks(mostly relying on speed) and your main carry(the gyarados) are way too underleveled to be even effective.

121935 However as you can easily see in the story mode we are clearly limited to the options of which we have

Yes we are limited, but we have to make use of what we can have. Originally, I wanted to have either murkrow or absol or maybe even darkrai to fight sabrina, yet I only found houndour which I fully utilized until Giovanni.

Migrating to blue server ^^,

From my player account, I distinctly remember splatting Blaine with a level 65(ish) Blastoise with Surf. The game is far from impossible, it just requires some thought and planning into boss battles; you can't just steamroll like you can in the original pokemon games and as much as that's offputting for some players, it's the point of the game to be challenging and is far from impossible.

mRVvDj5.png

Feel free to join our IRC Chat

I remember Blain as one of the easiest gyms. Steamrolled it with vaporeon and lanturn around lvl 60. It's really all down to your team which gyms are hard and which are easy. lvl 70 lanturn also soloed Giovanni. However misty and surge were very mean to me. But I still like that better than it just being easy

pro_trainer_card_v3_1.png