Let's talk about the NEW Sinnoh Daily Reporter changes

Desumi

29 minutes ago, Electrocute4u said:

ASK THE COMMUNITY BEFORE COMMITTING NEW CHANGES.

Are you  serious lmao? Do you really think a single soul will say yes to the changes?

Solaceon has always been overpowered , yes its rng dependant but you literally have nothing to lose aside from logging in 2 minutes each day to talk o the reporter . You could say you have to hunt the pokes at the start , while that is true , that's an absolutely disgusting worthwhile exchange  for the money you get out of solaceon , and there are even people doing solaceon service where they will catch all the required pokemon for you. 

The nerf to rewards might have been a bit too harsh, but the change that you have to show the reporter freshly caught pokes should have been the norm from the start

Edited by Ghabra
  • Like 5

signature.png.bb0d8629179469ced8ed63d1a39a497e.png

28 minutes ago, Electrocute4u said:

But why is this change so "bad"?

People will lose interest in my opinion, just like with the Celedon daily quest. Time is essential for people.

While the difference here is the insanely better rewards, it still doesn't feel right to have to catch the Pokemon on a daily basis.

No, people won't lose interest because it is by far the EASIEST way of getting a reroll ticket.

Why it should be reverted - My personal opinion:

Some days I can't play because of work, projects, simply not in the mood etc.

But, that didn't stop me from logging in on PRO for just 5 minutes, finding the suited Pokemon, and logging off again.

Right now, I feel like my entire reason to play PRO is basically gone.

The only reason I played PRO right now is to do this quest, well was. And seasonal events.

5 minutes every day to get a chance at one of the most wanted and valued items in the game is absolutely horrid for the economy, sometimes life doesn't allow us to play and that's that. PRO is a MMORPG and not an idle cash simulator. Working for something should ALWAYS reward you more than something that's just 5 minutes of moving and then afking.

Where PRO went seriously wrong...

Again, this is a very sensitive topic to bring up, but I'm not afraid to state my opinon on this.

ASK THE COMMUNITY BEFORE COMMITTING NEW CHANGES.

Make a thread, announce ahead of time, do some testing or speak with your community.

This came out of the blue and I am not really sure what to say, as a Contributor I feel so left in the dark.

While there might be some dedicated channels for this, promote them, shine some lights on them, because I have not seen even one of them.

So, that's why I'm kind of feeling fed up about new changes going through, without the community's input on it, before it goes live.

On a general note i could agree, but not in this instance. Solaceon was a MASSIVE variable in the economy for years and this change was 100% needed. 

I think many may share this opinion with me...

I see plenty of people doing the same thing as me, being online only for a short period of time, in the same AFK spots in Solaceon Town.

Why? Because they don't have a better reason to play PRO or they don't have time to spare hunting for a new Pokemon on a daily basis for this challenge.

This quest served as a vital part of getting a masterball on a weekly basis and occasionally if you were lucky a RR ticket.

And that's why some people still did this on a daily basis, even if they might not have time for it.

Again, PRO is not an idle game, it is a MMORPG with grind. Not idle.

Do you think it is fair that another guy gets a reroll for 150 wins in PVP, and another gets one or even multiple ones in a week by doing solaceon quest on 8 characters by afking in a pokecenter?

EDIT: To add the rework actually buffed it in a way for players who are actually willing to put some effort in, not just afking. You now have a 50% chance to get some kind of reroll, being it an IV or a nature one on the 7th day, instead of the 25% for an IV one previously. This change comes with the unique catching requirement which is 100% fine, solaceon will still remain the games best reroll source. It won't be nearly as bad of an individual to the economy as before, but will provide hard workers with more rewards than before. 

Edited by Comrader
  • Like 1

I project a storm

A whirlwind of gales and torrents

A cosmic array so vibrant

Born emerging from heat and flames

Tempered by violent rays ~

3 minutes ago, Ghabra said:

Are you  serious lmao? Do you really think a single soul will say yes to the changes?

Solaceon has always been overpowered , yes its rng dependant but you literally have nothing to lose aside from logging in 2 minutes each day to talk o the reporter . You could say you have to hunt the pokes at the start , while that is true , that's an absolutely disgusting worthwhile exchange  for the money you get out of splaceon , and there are even people doing solaceon service where they will catch all the required pokemon for you. 

The nerf to rewards might have been a bit too harsh, but the change that you have to show the reporter freshly caught pokes should have been the norm from the start

how was it overpowered ? its a normal endgame thing for people to MAYBE gain and endgame item very normal and in no way op and it a<lso makes the people comeback to ggame everyday win win for everyone... is stupid change

finn.gif.d450244a79435b8983a25a5b72cff0b1.gif                 Youtube Channel xD                 cruci.gif.0344cffa73dea39fea2bd65a11f291ef.gif  

1 minute ago, Crucifixuz said:

how was it overpowered ? its a normal endgame thing for people to MAYBE gain and endgame item very normal and in no way op and it a<lso makes the people comeback to ggame everyday win win for everyone... is stupid change

makes the people come back to the game 2 minutes everyday to speak to a npc , fun and interactive gameplay right there 👍

signature.png.bb0d8629179469ced8ed63d1a39a497e.png

3 minutes ago, Crucifixuz said:

how was it overpowered

A guy has 8 characters in the game, he logs on for a few minutes each day on all of them to do the quest, on the 7th day on average he gets 2 reroll tickets for next to no work. A PVPer wins 150 matches of pvp each taking way longer than doing 1 day of solaceon on 8 accounts, and the PVPer gets 1 reroll tickets, for the equivalent of almost 150 days in solaceon house. 

I project a storm

A whirlwind of gales and torrents

A cosmic array so vibrant

Born emerging from heat and flames

Tempered by violent rays ~

I honestlys think this change is good , since you dont need to do anything for the reward However they should add another way now too get rerol tickets to tackle the increase in price thats about to come

Edited by TheNikifreak

1 minute ago, Comrader said:

A guy has 8 characters in the game, he logs on for a few minutes each day on all of them to do the quest, on the 7th day on average he gets 2 reroll tickets for next to no work. A PVPer wins 150 matches of pvp each taking way longer than doing 1 day of solaceon on 8 accounts, and the PVPer gets 1 reroll tickets, for the equivalent of almost 150 days in solaceon house. 

Why is every thread that has somewhat negative feedback and or positive towards something pve related, always get a response about PVP. Not everyone is here for PVP

spacer.png

1 minute ago, Comrader said:

u act like he pull those 8 characters from his magic hat from nowhere. pvp is the most boring __________ ever and the rewards are bad true maybe that could be changed idk xD but why doom the already nerfed  pve even more i dont get it its like impossible to make cash now then

finn.gif.d450244a79435b8983a25a5b72cff0b1.gif                 Youtube Channel xD                 cruci.gif.0344cffa73dea39fea2bd65a11f291ef.gif