Update Hidden Power

PRO currently uses the generation 3 calculation for determining a pokemon's hidden power. I suggest that instead, hidden power determination be updated to the gen 7 mechanic where a pokemon's hidden power is independent of its ivs. I do not mean implement bottle caps. What I mean is that each pokemon should be given a HP number that is a randomly generated number between 1-15 that corresponds to a specific hidden power.

Reasonings:

1. Competitive Viability: It is very important for many pokemon to have 31 speed ivs in order to compete viably in PVP. This is to ensure a speed-tie with other pokemon in its speed tier as well has outspeed unboosted pokemon below its speed tier. However, with the gen 3 HP mechanic certain hidden powers are mathematically impossible on a 31 speed pokemon. These include: HP-fighting, rock, fire, and psychic. Also notable HP-fighting, flying, poison, fire, water, and grass are all mathematically impossible on a pokemon with 31 SpAtk. I would like to draw special attention to HP fire which is one of the most-if not the most-common, influential, and sought after hidden powers which cannot exist on a pokemon with either 31 speed or 31 SpAtk. On the flip side, the gen 7 mechanic allows for any iv-hp combination. So a 31/31 HP fire mon becomes attainable. 

2. Uneven distribution: Under the gen 3 mechanic, certain hidden power are more prevalent than others. Specifically, HP fighting, bug and grass are all more common than any other type showing up on 7.8% of pokemon each, meanwhile HP dark shows up on a measly 1.6% of pokemon. Under gen 7 mechanics, there would be an even spread of hidden powers.

3. Consistency: PRO on a whole is moving towards gen 7 mechanics. This includes but is not limited to: nerfed gale wings, addition of several gen 7 pokemon and alolan forms, the planned addition of z-moves. In game that is updating to gen 7 it makes sense to update other battle mechanics such as hidden power.

Edited by AvatarAsh
AvatarAshSparkle.png?width=960&height=434

Signature made by Cydippe

trainercardgen9.1.PNG.1d7db7420d98e2d4f6aafd674b58eff4.PNG

• Developer
2 hours ago, Starlight said:

Looks like it has been clarified, it's not about implementing bottle caps

According to what I read the Hidden Power is set and does not adjust after changing IVs and that's the only way to get Hidden Powers not fitting the IVs.