A system to discourage fake buyers and bad sellers

Freddyftw

Good evening,

I was thinking about a problem that is very common for those who use market to make some extra cash: fake buyers and fake sellers. Noone of them seems to care about reports.

In my opinion, to discourage this type of behavior, you could insert a sort of flag system.

Once the faults of the fake buyer or fake seller have been proven through the report system, the moderator flags the person in charge.

The first flag is just a warning. From the second flag onwards, each flag corresponds to a penalty of 5k pokedollar in this way.

When you sell or when you buy, you pay

5k pokedollar x flag taken

to the system as a "tax" of past bad behavior

Honestly, don't know if this could be an hard job or an easy job for the developers, but is more efficent, in my opinion, than 1 or 3 days mute ban. 

Greetings

Edited by FreddyFTW

Picsart_24-01-21_15-01-44-097.jpg.833a53f51ce272feba124f4650bc98d9.jpg

While it might seem like a good idea and there are some merits to this kind of system, it still wouldn't discourage players from scamming at the end of the day. The only way to really get rid of them is through scaring them with mute/bans to really put them out of play for a short period. Also, paying a fee to the system isn't gonna do much for the scammer, especially when you can own up to 4 different accounts and can easily grind money that you can transfer to your main in less then 5 minutes. 

★ Contributor ★

"In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different"

Forum post | Bulba - Discord Bot | Website

MyAnimeList Profile and Stats

Discord Status

spacer.png

I believe they should just be punished harsher. Reaching a good price on your auction that is lasting for three days on average, just to have someone who doesn't possess the funds to bid on your auction and then make it void, is extremely frustrating. It is time consuming, mentally draining and not to mention, once the auction gets void, your pokemon will hardly reach the best offer price it had before the fake offer was made. I have no idea how are those kind of people being punished (I would assume if it's their first or among first infractions, they only get a few days of trade and/or mute ban). Recently I saw a guy who was punished for that reason and only after a few days he was allowed to offer on forums again. For these kinds of things, even if it's their first infraction, I think that such people should be completely trade banned for at least one month 

• Checked/Done 1