Rework PvP

Finnderboss

????? more than 50% of community voted to change meta from OU why you gonna act like this is only my problem??xD
why else would they even have considered adding another queue if nobody is aware of this problem hahaha
it was 1 year ago maybe you didnt play yet back then xD
so much talk but 0 true substance. its not creativity that would get rewarded, stop twisting my words in the position where u would like them to have xD it would be reward for how difficult ur match is. if u have weaker pokes ur match will be more difficult ofcourse.

• Like 1

your "coin farming" argument is senseless bcuz you assumed everybody would win those 5coins dropping matches, i doubt most people in pro can do that. and even if pvp coins would lose value u could just make mounts/ reroll more expensive then all ur weird coins problems are fixed.

Edited by finnderboss
  • Like 2

ok so maybe english isnt your strongest suit so allow me to help you guide through my post

30 minutes ago, finnderboss said:

????? more than 50% of community voted to change meta from OU why you gonna act like this is only my problem??xD
why else would they even have considered adding another queue if nobody is aware of this problem hahaha
it was 1 year ago maybe you didnt play yet back then xD

i never once stated no one wanted to change the way they play the game, i was implying that your way is clearly not supported by a lot of people for the reasons explained in the post below.

1 hour ago, Baganha said:

I think, fundamentally, youre trying to solve a problem thats only bothers you, or at least the way you try to fix it seems to be only appeasing you from the amount of -1s here.

Again your "fix" is not actually changing the landscape of the meta, youre just opening the doors for coin exploiting which at the end of the day doesnt reward more than playing the game the same way ppl have been doing before.

34 minutes ago, finnderboss said:

so much talk but 0 true substance. its not creativity that would get rewarded, stop twisting my words in the position where u would like them to have xD it would be reward for how difficult ur match is. if u have weaker pokes ur match will be more difficult ofcourse.

ok so this IS a "fix" about you and only you, im not gonna tell you how you should play pvp and if you wanna use [heck] mons for the sake of getting some wins so you can flex about it thats all good. No one is telling you to do this and in any other competition, not just pokemon, you wouldnt get more rewarded for using "creative" things, in no world does that make any sense. How would you be more entitled to better rewards just cause you had a more dificult game? so if someone has a hard matchup and comes out a winner, should they also get more rewards? If i dont use evs and items on my pokemon should i get rewarded? if you actually happen to have a better matchup and therefore have an easier game even with your "creative" mons compared to your opponent, should you then not be rewarded? Youre just falling into these arbitrary judgement calls because they benefit you without thinking the big picture at all.
Again pointing out the fact the this "tier list" in of itself would be very subjective depending on each person, even within the council.

31 minutes ago, finnderboss said:

and also u could just raise pvp mount price to 1000 or something then all ur weird coins problems are fixed.

ah yes cause more inflation on items that are already hard (time consuming) to obtain, i mean it woud be your only saving grace if this "fix" would happen i suppose

i mean its literally called ranked pvp why should they reward you for winning playing a team thats worse than others? The whole point of ranked pvp is for you to play the best way you can and compete for rank. 

Edited by Riddoe

because otherwise people wont change their narrowminded way of thinking...the rewards i suggested are probably even too low to motivate people.
my god why some people still deny the obvious existance of the basic problem which this suggestion is the solution for?!?!?!?!
lmao i could repeat this stuff for 1week and the words still wouldnt arrive some brains xD

• Like 1

Again your english needs some sharpening, youll have to find me a quote where i say ppl use "creative" mons ONLY to flex, i brought it up as a point, however this doesnt mean it is the only thing i take into account when someone uses something "creative". You however are calling out ppl who dont use creative things (by your standards) "filthy" which paints a pretty clear picture to me, so yeah while i dont doubt there is more than just bragging rights when you use "creative" mons, there is this clear condescending tone you hold towards everybody else who isnt "creative". More interesting is the fact you thought i straightup mentioned you ONLY do this to flex, often is the case for ppl who are insecure to get overly defensive towards things they are trying to hide. Sometimes insecure ppl overcompensate to make them look more than what they are, more commonly by bringing other ppl to a lower level than them: "you dont even understand the idea behind UU NU PU etc in general xD" "it was 1 year ago maybe you didnt play yet back then xD". But hey, who knows maybe it is a language barrier after all.

1 hour ago, finnderboss said:

your "coin farming" argument is senseless bcuz you assumed everybody would win those 5coins dropping matches, i doubt most people in pro can do that. and even if pvp coins would lose value u could just make mounts/ reroll more expensive then all ur weird coins problems are fixed.

nice of you to completely edit your past post, anyways again you think i assume ppl are just gonna use "5 coin teams" everytime when they might just abuse a consistent team that can follow on your 2-3 coin reqs. But again what the heck is a 2-3 coin team? what mons lie on tier 2 or 3? who knows, you dont either and if you somehow do have a list on you ready to go, a good part of the community is gonna disagree on what should or shouldnt belong there. Ironically enough youd be creating more issues than solving them.

Ty for not engaging with any of the hypotheticals, now i know what kind of person im engaging with here

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, finnderboss said:

lol what?? show me where i insulted a single person.
u mean that i called peoples way of playing pvp filthy or what? thats just a fact.

It seems to me you dont understand what a fact is lol. And its so blatantly obvious that most of the people here disagree with your points how can anything you say be a fact when majority disagree with it. You and that crucifucx person make the point of it saves the game yet show no evidence as to how it does that. You say that pvp rewards dont matter to YOU because you have everything you want. Not everyone is the same as you people value prestige mounts enough to pay 12-20m which is a lot for the average player. Not everyone has the time to no life this game like you for 5 years and have all the pvp rewards.

• Haha 2

Hello As the thread for this Suggestion got out of hand and off topic I will be locking it now. 

@finnderboss
People are allowed to share their opinions freely here.  Backlashing at them for not liking X idea will not help the case at all.

@Crucifixuz @Cyanirl @Riddoe @Baganha
This applies to most of you (and some more I probably missed) to stay respectful of peoples suggestions.  Counterarguments are fine if they are in good faith for the idea at hand.

This thread will remain locked until it is Approved or Denied.
My regards,
Headphones

• Checked/Done 1

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/821066745711820881/838979114647814164/20210504_052105.gif?ex=6614b4b0&is=66023fb0&hm=0ce54f56b75074b3e7c38e3c9524a810ffea5089ed69f747c46f47694c2ac87b&

Please do not Contact any staff member for Private help, this includes Reports/Appeals and other private matters.
Any other help you can use the
proper forums for help.
Any messages sent for personal help will just be Tuned out