Mini-Guide: Fighting Bosses with Mega Slowbro

Bhimoso

Hey there! I already made a really big Boss Guide you can check here which deals with Bosses in general, how to do them, how they work and so on. However, many constantly ask me what teams I often use, and I normally only switch between two types of teams: Mega Slowbro and Baton Pass. These are mostly the most viable Boss Teams, aside from Stall teams, which can still work against Bosses (however, against Bosses, you will only use the hardest of walls to fight them). I will make three separate boss guides, one for Mega Slowbro, one for Baton Passing and one for Stalling against Boss Teams. This one is directed towards Mega Slowbro, making it work and how to fight every boss in the game.

If you need to understand the basics of Bossing, before anything, check this guide. It teaches you everything you need. It's very long, but it will explain everything.

This guide is directly focused on teaching what is by far the most optimal and safe team with Mega Slowbro. Is it true that other teams can be faster? Yes, there are faster teams.

This one is simply the safest for newbies. I will provide a budget version and an expensive version. Let's get into it!

Cheap/Budget Version = ONLY KANTO/JOHTO pokemon and areas, NO daycare, NO extremely hard to unlock side areas.

Expensive version = ANYTHING allowed.

The Team

Cheap Version

The debuffing trio:

Dugtrio/Hoppip/Gengar - Jumpluff - Skiploom

Dugtrio: Jolly Nature, 252 EV Speed, 252 EV HP/ATK (doesn't really matter, but it is preferable to train HP just in case your Dugtrio does a miracle and survives a hit somehow).

Equipped with Brightpowder or Focus Sash depending on the boss. Moveset: Sand-Attack, Memento, Bulldoze (optional), Stealth Rock (optional).

Jumpluff&Skiploom&Hoppip: Jolly/Timid, 252 EV Speed, 252 EV HP.

Equipped with Brightpowder or Focus Sash depending on the boss. Moveset: Flash, Cotton Spore, Memento, Worry Seed/Thief. (You can have Jumpluff have Thief and Skiploom Worry Seed, for example). If possible, they should have 20+ IVs or above. Any ability.

Gengar: Timid Nature, 252 EV Speed 252 SPATK/HP (doesn't matter, it will die in a single turn).

Equipped with Toxic Orb, Flame Orb or a Choice item depending on the opponent lead. Moveset: Curse, Trick, Perish Song (optionally), Toxic (optionally), Trick Room (optionally).

The objective of this trio is simple. You are fighting boss pokemon that basically cheat on every single possible regard (increased EVs to an illegal extent). The aim of the trio of Debuffers is to make the leading pokemon of the boss become really, really weak before you set up. You will be reducing its speed, then its Accuracy and then its SPATK and ATK by using Memento. Some boss pokemon leads are very, VERY stupid and behave really weirdly. Keep this in mind when you fight them.

You're probably wondering "wait wtf why are you using the entire evolutionary line of Hoppip, Skiploom and Jumpluff". Well, that's basically because you cannot bring 2 of the same pokemon in bosses but you can indeed bring multiple of the same evolutionary line in a boss team. Furthermore, This evolutionary line gets access to really absurdly good debuffing moves and utility. The order is normally as follows:

Jumpluff comes in against a fast opponent. If this fast opponent will faint you 100% of the time, you equip it with a Focus Sash. You Cotton Spore to reduce its speed, and in the next turn it will be slower than you. Here you can decide whether to Memento (if it hits very hard and it will be a problem against your Slowbro) or if it's simply annoying even if it hits for no damage (Togekiss flinching you a lot). I normally recommend to use Flash if the opponent pokemon is not a Grass/Electric/Dark/Ghost/Bug type because those pokemon types are the only ones that hit Slowbro super effectively.

When Jumpluff has fainted, you switch to Skiploom, and spam either Flash or Memento. Do the same with Hoppip. If needed, you can Cotton Spore again with Skiploom.

Thief is used against very specific bosses who can become REALLY problematic. You will steal their item so that they don't faint themselves while you try to set up on them. This is the example against bosses that lead with a pokemon using a Life Orb. This item deals 10% of the user's max HP every time they deal damage with a move. Thus, if you know their lead holds this item, you will steal it from them.

Dugtrio is an alternative to Hoppip where it simply comes in and Memento immediately, spam Sand-Attack or set up Stealth Rock.

You'll probably be WTFing with the Gengar moveset I'm giving you. The purpose of Gengar is to lead with absurdly problematic leads that your team cannot deal with at all. Gengar is to be used when everything goes wrong, VERY wrong. Gengar is there to Trick the opponent a Toxic Orb so that they faint in a few turns due to Toxic Poison, to burn them with a Flame Orb to reduce their ATK, or to use Perish Song to force the boss to switch out their pokemon in three turns. Trick Room can also be used to make your Skiploom and Jumpluff faster than the Boss pokemon if needed.

Gengar is barely used against bosses but I recommend using it against any boss who starts with a pokemon that sets up on you or is generally very problematic (Brock's Mega Aerodactyl, Koichi's Lucario, Lorelei's Ninetales-Alolan).

All the mentioned pokemon should have 20+ IV, with the respective natures, with no ability specifically needed at all. These items I mention for each pokemon are just my ideas on what is pretty effective. 

The hazard setting duo:

Golem - Tentacruel

Golem: Sturdy ability. Adamant, 252 ATK, 252 HP. It can hold any item. Moveset: Stealth Rock, Explosion/Selfdestruct, Counter, any move (Toxic works wonders).

Golem is there for two things: It can take out a key threat with Sturdy + Counter OR you can use it to set up Stealth Rock which is honestly really needed in many bosses. Stealth Rock allows your Slowbro to OHKO many threats in the game after it sets up. Toxic is also a cool option if you need to take risks and take out a threat.

Tentacruel: Any ability, Timid, 252 SPEED, 252 HP, Leftovers/Brightpowder. Moveset: Toxic Spikes, any three moves. I recommend Acid Spray, Mirror Coat, Protect, Haze, Rapid Spin (only helpful against ONE boss in the entire game), Rest, Scald, Swagger, Confuse Ray. You just need Toxic Spikes.

Tentacruel is there to set up Toxic Spikes. There's MANY bosses that will drag EXTREMELY long without Toxic Spikes. Toxic Spikes allows you to faint many pokemon way quicker and passively while you set up and sweep. You will need atleast one layer of Toxic Spikes in many bosses and two in specific ones. 

The sweeper:

Slowbro: Calm/Sassy nature. 252 SPDEF, 252 HP. Slowbronite. Moveset: Calm Mind, Scald/Surf/Flamethrower/Ice Beam/Psychic, Iron Defense, Slack Off/Rest.

I will explain the different sets:

Calm Mind, Scald, Iron Defense, Slack Off > Can do over 25 to 30 bosses in the entire game. This is your standard to-go. This is the basic set that allows a newbie to farm bosses.

Calm Mind, Surf, Iron Defense, Slack Off > Can do the same, however, there's minor differences: Boss Eldir, Diepy are riskier, but other bosses are killed faster.

^these two sets need support to beat Water Absorb/Storm Drain pokemon.

Calm Mind, Psychic, Iron Defense, Slack Off > This can beat around 15 to 20 bosses, some are beatable if you have a lot of patience and use Toxic Spikes to stall them until they die. Keep in mind you cannot hit any Dark Types with this moveset.

Calm Mind, Flamethrower, Iron Defense, Slack Off > This can beat around 25 to 30 bosses. Keep in mind you cannot beat Flash Fire without Toxic Spikes support.

Calm Mind, Ice Beam, Iron Defense, Slack Off > Can beat all the bosses in the game. This is the set that is the most potato, because it's the slowest, but with patience you'll eventually faint everything.

Slowbro comes in when your entire team has fainted. Mega Slowbro has a few perks: Mega Slowbro is IMMUNE to Critical hits. Not only that, but it also has 300 SPDEF, 400 DEF, 400 HP off the bat without buffing. It's monstruously tanky and borderline unbeatable. Mega Slowbro can only be beaten by Toxic Poison (happens in around 2-3 bosses in the entire game), Paralysis bad luck and Flinches. Out of these, you can ONLY, ONLY actually lose to flinches. When you fight a boss, your team does not heal. You can start some bosses while having your Slowbro burned against a wild fight, then you equip the Slowbronite and begin the fight.

All of the mentioned pokemon above are farmable in Kanto, easy to catch, no Hidden Abilities required, easy to farm, easy to level up.

Here is a sample team done with: no daycare tutor moves, only TM/tutor moves BEFORE Hoenn, only level up, no side areas, all COMMON pokemon farmable in Kanto/Johto. EXTREMELY low budget team that allows you to run over 30 bosses easily.

The ability for Jumpluff, Tentacruel, Slowbro is irrelevant. The others must be as mentioned in this pokepaste.

VERY Similar team but adding in Electrode.

VERY Similar team but removing Clefable for Pidgeot (extremely common and easy flexible team)

VERY Similar but adding in Persian to Switcheroo and steal Choice Items from bosses. When a boss is locked into a single move by a Choice Item and this move runs out of PP, it will switch to another pokemon. To prevent accidents like these (where you have to debuff again), we use Persian without any items to Switcheroo and steal the opponent's Choice item.

Expensive Version

The Debuffing Trio:

Jumpluff, Whimsicott and Cottonee.

Whimsicott and Cottonee: Bold/Calm (Bold is WAY better), 252 EV HP. 252 DEF if Bold, 252 SPDEF if Calm. PRANKSTER ABILITY.

Charm, Memento, Cotton Spore, Switcheroo on Whimsicott. Lagging Tail equipped.

Charm, Memento, Cotton Spore, Flash on Cottonee. Lagging Tail/Focus Sash equipped.

Jumpluff: Jolly/Timid, 252 EV Speed, 252 EV HP.

Equipped with Brightpowder or Focus Sash depending on the boss. Moveset: Flash, Cotton Spore, Memento, Worry Seed/Thief. If possible, they should have 20+ IVs or above. Any ability.

Whimsicott and Cottonee can immediately Cotton Spore or Switcheroo a Lagging Tail onto the boss lead. Prankster will give any status move +1 Priority. This ability is blocked by Dark Type pokemon. If you use a Status Move, it will always go first unless the opponent uses Bullet Punch or a similar move. This only happens in two bosses: Bugsy (Scizor uses Bullet Punch) and Pumpkin King (it starts with a Bisharp). You will almost always either give the opponent a Lagging Tail or reduce its speed in the first turn. Against some bosses, you will immediately Switcheroo a Toxic Orb onto them so that their lead pokemon faints in a few turns. This is only done against extremely annoying leads that Slowbro struggles against (Lorelei). You will Flash, Charm, Memento and debuff the opponent's lead before Jumpluff comes. Jumpluff should spam Flash and Memento afterwards. There's only a few bosses where Jumpluff starts first or you don't debuff at all. (Erika)

The Hazard Setters:

Pineco&Forretress. Impish/Relaxed/Careful/Sassy, Sturdy Ability, Brightpowder equipped. If Impish/Relaxed, 252 EV HP, 252 DEF. If Sassy/Careful, 252 SPDEF.

Moveset: Toxic Spikes, Stealth Rock, Spikes, SELFDESTRUCT. DO NOT USE EXPLOSION. There's ONE boss where you can accidentally faint the opponent lead.

Forretress and Pineco simply come in and spam Toxic Spikes and Stealth Rock, then set up extra Spikes. Depending on the boss, you decide which hazards you want to set first and which ones to prioritise.

The sweeper:

Slowbro: Calm/Sassy nature. 252 SPDEF, 252 HP. Slowbronite. Moveset: Calm Mind, Scald/Surf/Flamethrower/Ice Beam/Psychic, Iron Defense, Slack Off.

I will explain the different sets:

Calm Mind, Scald, Iron Defense, Slack Off > Can do over 25 to 30 bosses in the entire game. This is your standard to-go. This is the basic set that allows a newbie to farm bosses.

Calm Mind, Surf, Iron Defense, Slack Off > Can do the same, however, there's minor differences: Boss Eldir, Diepy are riskier, but other bosses are killed faster.

^these two sets need support to beat Water Absorb/Storm Drain pokemon.

Calm Mind, Psychic, Iron Defense, Slack Off > This can beat around 15 to 20 bosses, some are beatable if you have a lot of patience and use Toxic Spikes to stall them until they die. Keep in mind you cannot hit any Dark Types with this moveset.

Calm Mind, Flamethrower, Iron Defense, Slack Off > This can beat around 25 to 30 bosses. Keep in mind you cannot beat Flash Fire without Toxic Spikes support.

Calm Mind, Ice Beam, Iron Defense, Slack Off > Can beat all the bosses in the game. This is the set that is the most potato, because it's the slowest, but with patience you'll eventually faint everything.

Slowbro comes in when your entire team has fainted. Mega Slowbro has a few perks: Mega Slowbro is IMMUNE to Critical hits. Not only that, but it also has 300 SPDEF, 400 DEF, 400 HP off the bat without buffing. It's monstruously tanky and borderline unbeatable. Mega Slowbro can only be beaten by Toxic Poison (happens in around 2-3 bosses in the entire game), Paralysis bad luck and Flinches. Out of these, you can ONLY, ONLY actually lose to flinches. When you fight a boss, your team does not heal. You can start some bosses while having your Slowbro burned against a wild fight, then you equip the Slowbronite and begin the fight.

Click here if you want to see how the full team looks like. Notes: Cottonee, Whimsicott's ATK IV is irrelevant. Jumpluff can be Hasty/Naive instead of Timid/Jolly if it helps you level it up faster but losing DEF or SPDEF is a bit bad. Forretress and Pineco's ATK is irrelevant, having a high ATK means you level up faster. Slowbro's SPEED is irrelevant.

Cottonee and Whimsicott MUST be Pranskter. Forretress and Pineco MUST be Sturdy.

Slowbro and Jumpluff's abilities are irrelevant.

Bosses Chart by Difficulty (from easiest to hardest)

Difficulty: 0/10

If you lose against the following bosses don't talk to me or my army of Slowbro ever again. Just kidding, you're allowed to lose fights and learn. We've all been noobs sometime!

Lance

Debuff, set up, sweep. This boss is a literal joke.

USE ICE BEAM. To be honest you can even do this with Scald lmao.

Professor Birch (is it even possible to lose against this boss?)

Arguably the easiest boss in the entire game, it's so bad that you don't even need to set up your Mega Slowbro if you want. It just runs over his team with no effort.

USE SCALD.

Link (is it possible to lose against this? like, seriously?)

Similar to Birch.

USE SCALD.

Naruto Fanboy (you could literally rename this to any normal trainer and you wouldn't notice the difference)

Similar to the above.

USE SCALD.

Bruno (this boss is so trash that I don't even understand why it exists)

Similar to the above.

USE SCALD.

Brock (same as above)

This boss could actually be a 1/10 because his Aerodactyl Mega is a TROLL and sometimes freezes or burns your debuffers. Otherwise this is just a free win.

USE SCALD OR ICE BEAM. He has a Cradily with Storm Drain. You will kill it anyway with passive Toxic Spikes damage,

Difficulty: 1/10

George (this boss is just boring)

Just set up and use SCALD.

Saphirr (not fightable with our team)

Prof Rowan

I literally put this instead of 0/10 because idk, the design of the NPC is cool. That's it, this boss is a literal free win.

USE SCALD.

Xylos (you can honestly only lose if your IQ is below room temperature levels)

Okay, so after you debuff the Victini, LET IT KILL YOUR PINECO AND ONLY SELFDESTRUCT WITH FORRETRESS. There is a 1 in 90 or so chance that both Selfdestruct critically hit and kill the Victini. If it happens, then nothing actually really happens, you just have to set up 1 v 1 against the Druddigon instead. I don't know why I even write this down.

USE SCALD.

Shamac (literal 0/10 but I have to spread them around so that it doesn't look as if it was all 0/10s)

Set up, spam Scald.

USE SCALD.

Difficulty: 2/10

Maribela

Debuff, set up and spam SCALD.

Suicune Guardian

Set up and spam Psychic.

USE PSYCHIC

Professor Elm (also named mr 17 flinches in a row)

This traumatised me for life. He's free money, set up and spam Scald. His Togekiss once flinched me 17 times in a row when PP was not limited and I lost.

USE SCALD. 

Chuck (if you're an idiot and forget to Worry Seed you can actually lose)

WORRY SEED THE MACHAMP BEFORE YOU DEBUFF IT. It has No Guard. If you don't, it doesn't matter how much you Flash it, it will always hit you.

USE PSYCHIC. (You can use Scald, but Toxic Spikes will have to kill Poliwrath).

Spectify (troll)

DON'T SET UP 2 TOXIC SPIKES (OR ANY TOXIC SPIKES) AGAINST HIS TEAM. He has an Umbreon that will Synchronise the Poison onto your Mega Slowbro and you can accidentally lose to it.

USE SCALD.

Difficulty: 3/10

Toothless (this boss is an absolute troll)

Sage (heard of trolls? this is another one)

SWITCHEROO A TOXIC ORB ONTO THE GLACEON, set up hazards, after Glaceon dies you can debuff Flareon. Glaceon has Toxic, if it Toxics your Slowbro you lost the boss fight.

USE SCALD OR PSYCHIC. Toxic Spikes kill the Vaporeon. 

Professor Oak (heard of trolls?)

DON'T SET UP HAZARDS. His lead Rotom has Defog. Also, his Venusaur spams Sleep Powder.

USE PSYCHIC (or SCALD if you want)

Difficulty: 4/10

Starting from this difficulty onwards you may, MAY sometimes lose a fight due to extremely bad RNG or just horrendous life choices

Neroli (the only reason why she's a 4/10 instead of a 0/10 to 1/10 is due to bullsh*t RNG fiesta and a really, really nasty surprise at the end)

Okay, so the strategy for this boss: Switcheroo a Lagging Tail onto Celebi and Memento. Switch to Forretress and set up 2 Toxic Spikes, then Selfdestruct, set up with Mega Slowbro and run over her team until Clefable. On Clefable she will use Petal Dance and lock herself with her Choice Item while she dies from Toxic Spikes. Thus, SWITCH TO JUMPLUFF. She'll be stuck while she tries to Petal Dance your team while she slowly dies.

USE SCALD.

Officer Jenny (she's only a 4/10 because her team is stupid, her AI is stupid and she is stupid)

The only issue in this boss is that she has a Gengar that will absorb the Toxic Spikes. Her Manectric randomly spams Roar and her lead Arcanine will try to faint itself before you can fully set up.

USE SCALD.

Difficulty: 5/10

Naero

This boss is just annoying. It can randomly Toxic you with Blissey. I recommend you begin the fight while burned because if Blissey toxics you, you're done and will lose.

USE SCALD.

Battlebot

This boss should've been way harder but it was... surprisingly easy. It just has a lot of Flinch, Paralyse and Poison it can inflict on you. Pray to the RNG gods and run over it.

USE SCALD.

Ash Westbrook

This dude is generally unpredictable, it's easy but it's a RNG fiesta. Dialga can randomly Roar, Reshiram randomly Roars, Infernape can paralyse you and Kyogre can paralyse you. Debuff Dialga and faint your entire team against it, then 1 v 6 with Mega Slowbro.

USE SCALD. Being debated if Psychic/Ice Beam can be better.

Misty

Worry seed the Milotic. IT HAS COMPETITIVE. IF YOU TRY TO DEBUFF IT YOU WILL INCREASE ITS SPATK. Faint your entire team against it by Memento and Selfdestruct after you set everything up because it uses Dragon Tail. Mega Gyarados can accidentally crit your Slowbro.

USE SCALD.

Entei Guardian (this is just lazy design honestly)

This boss is just boring and it can randomly oneshot you with Reshiram. Use Psychic and pray for no Reshiram crit and 1HKO onto Serperior.

USE PSYCHIC.

Difficulty: 6/10

Klohver

Klohver is a bit annoying. Her Xerneas will spam Thunder like a madman and you have to Flamethrower the Shaymin immediately or the second Seed Flare will faint you. Pray that you don't get paralysed.

USE FLAMETHROWER.

Letrix

Letrix has a Excadrill that can accidentally crit you with Mold Breaker, a Hydreigon that can flinch you a lot and a Kyogre that might Thunder you to death. Pray and hope nothing bad happens.

USE SCALD

Steven (not fightable with our team)

Terminator

Terminator is a bit of a RNG fiesta due to it leading with a Magnezone and accidentally paralysing you. Debuff it fully and pray to the RNG gods!

USE SCALD

Thor

Thor is just a boring dragged on fight. You have to stall out the Sandstorm turns from Tyranitar and Iron Defense if he reduces your Defense. Heal a lot because his Greninja and Zapdos hit really hard and will flinch and paralyse you. His Lugia is also a bit annoying to fight as it stalls you with Roost.

USE SCALD.

Difficulty: 7/10

Medusa & Eldir

This boss is basically RNG combined with using your brain a bit properly. Medusa is free, switcheroo Lagging Tail, Charm until you die, set up hazards, then set up Slowbro and Sweep. 1 v 1 the Reshiram, if it critically strikes you, the Toxic Spikes will kill it before it's able to kill the rest of your team.

Do the same with Eldir's Gyarados. Eldir has a Muk that will remove your Toxic Spikes, so if you want to set them up, do the entire boss without setting them up until you get to Slowbro. Go back into Pineco, let it faint, then switch to Forretress and set up 2 Toxic Spikes while it dies. Set up against Mega Slowbro with your own and then kill it and fight Zekrom on a 1 v 1.

If you want to just risk this fight to pure RNG, just 1 v 1 the Zekrom and pray that it doesn't crit you.

USE SCALD.

Pewdie & Diepy

This boss can also arguably be a 9/10 due to how much RNG is involved. There's THREE choke points during this fight. Against the first one of the duo (Fairy), you will have to debuff Azumarill, set up all hazards and then set up fully. After you faint Azumarill, a Clefable will come. THIS CLEFABLE IS UNAWARE AND HAS THUNDERBOLT. You have to spam Slack Off until the Toxic Spikes faint it. You also have to pray that it doesn't paralyse you. It will deal 40 to 45% of your max HP, so you can only stay spamming Slack Off. If you don't, you can accidentally lose the fight.

Afterwards, he will throw a Togekiss. Good luck not automatically losing to 15 flinches in a row!
The Psychic one will throw a Slowking against you that can burn you with Scald if you're unlucky. Afterwards, she'll throw in a Jirachi that spams Iron Head against you. If he burns you, you have a very high chance of losing to really bad RNG. This fight is 100% RNG based. Good luck! You'll need it.

USE SCALD

Erika (this boss is arguably either a 3/10, 7/10 or 9/10 depending on the day)

This boss is an absolute goddamn troll because the lead Ferrothorn will Explode if you're not careful. Use Charm until your Debuffer is about to die, then Switcheroo a Lagging Tail.

SWITCH TO FORRETRESS, NOT PINECO!!! (this problem is not an issue with Golem and Tentacruel). If you do, it will use Bulldoze ALWAYS instead of exploding. Set up Hazards, explode, then switch to Mega Slowbro. Since Golem and Tentacruel are weak to Bulldoze, she will always use it instead of exploding. If you do this wrong, she will explode, switch to Volcarona and you will have a bad time.

USE FLAMETHROWER

Raikou (same as Erika, this boss is a complete troll)

Raikou Guardian has three issues: a lead Zekrom with Teravolt and Life Orb, an Excadrill with Mold Breaker and an Unaware Quagsire. This fight can go really badly easily if you're unlucky. If you want, Switcheroo a Toxic Orb onto the Zekrom, set up hazards, then debuff the Excadrill. Otherwise, debuff the Zekrom and set up hazards. You can lose this fight at any point during it due to very bad luck.

USE SCALD

Koichi

BEWARE WITH THIS GUY. SWITCHEROO A CHOICE BAND ONTO HIS LUCARIO. His Lucario has Nasty Plot and is a specially oriented attacker and also has Dark Pulse. If you don't switcheroo a Choice Band, it will go to +6 and destroy your Mega Slowbro with Dark Pulse. Switcheroo the Band, then debuff it, then sweep.

USE SCALD

Difficulty: 8/10

From this point onwards you have the hardest bosses in the game. Be cautious with these.

Morty

The main issue with Morty is that Mega Gengar is extremely fast and hits like a truck, but its Shadow Ball also reduces your SPDEF sometimes and you might need to spam Calm Mind and Slack Off until your SPDEF is at max. Debuff the Mega Gengar as much as possible and set up slowly after you set hazards.

USE SCALD

Bugsy

This boss is very problematic. If it locks itself into Bullet Punch then there's no issue, you switch to your Hazard Setter, set hazards, switch to Mega Slowbro and go on with the sweep. It is impossible to debuff the boss because the Choice Band Bullet Punch will always OHKO your debuffers unless you wear a Focus Sash. YOU CANNOT DEBUFF THIS BOSS.

USE FLAMETHROWER

Shary and Shaui

To be honest, the only issue about this boss is that it's slow as hell and you can get flinched nonstop. Switcheroo Lagging Tail both leads and debuff them accordingly, then sweep!

If you lose, you lose due to bad RNG.

USE SCALD

Difficulty: 9/10

Lorelei

The main issue with Lorelei is that someone decided that it would be a good idea to cram all possible BS that can happen to Slowbro into a single boss fight. Freeze chance? Check. Toxic? Check. Paralyse? Check. Flinches? Check. This boss has it all. So, how do we defeat this boss? There's two ways:

1.- Switcheroo a Lagging Tail onto Ninetales, debuff it and set up hazards, try to set up Slowbro against it. PRAY FOR NO FREEZE FROM FREEZE DRY. If you freeze, you will probably lose. Flamethrower her whole team. Pray that the other pokemon don't Freeze you to death or don't Toxic/Paralyse you to death.

2.- Switcheroo a Toxic Orb onto Ninetales. Have a SITRUS BERRY equipped onto Pineco and Forretress. After you Switcheroo a Toxic Orb and faint your debuffer, switch to Forretress and Pineco and spam hazards until Ninetales dies. The Snow Warning will faint your Forretress and Pineco after Sturdy, UNLESS you have a healing berry equipped (Sitrus) which will save you. Then, make them explode, debuff the next pokemon and Flamethrower her whole team.

USE FLAMETHROWER.

YOU CAN LOSE THIS BOSS ANYTIME DUE TO RNG. THIS IS NOT YOUR FAULT. DON'T BLAME YOURSELF.

Lt Surge.

This boss is the example of "everything that can go wrong, will go wrong, at any time.". The problem with Lt Surge is that its entire team can paralyse and hax you down. The damage isn't THAT bad, you will be hit VERY hard when fully set up (you will lose 25 to 33% of your max HP per hit, which is fine because you can still heal it with Slack Off. However, you MIGHT get paralysed multiple times in a row and lose.). The other issue is that you could technically Flame Orb before this fight, however, if you do, you're taking extra damage every single turn, in addition to being hit with literal electric bombs every single turn. There's two ways to beat this boss:

1.- Debuff the Rotom Completely, set up everything, sweep the pokemon 1 by 1, spam Slack Off and pray that you don't get paralysed. At the end there's Zekrom which can abuse its ability Teravolt to ignore your ability and critically strike you (which will make you instantly die with no counterplay). If you run Ice Beam on this boss, you will instantly faint the Zekrom, giving it only ONE chance (6% chance to lose) to crit you. If you run Psychic, it can survive ONE hit (if unlucky), Flamethrower, Surf and Scald will be resisted for around two to three turns.

2.- Switcheroo the Rotom a Lagging Tail with Cottonee, then Memento onto Pineco. Pineco must Toxic Spikes twice. Then, Selfdestruct (or faint) and switch to Mega Slowbro. Set up fully against Rotom and sweep his whole team (if you don't get paralysed and lose). When you get to Zekrom, spam moves until you die. Toxic Spikes will faint it before it's able to faint the rest of your team, since Whimsicott is immune to Dragon and resists Electric and Forretress, Jumpluff can survive a single hit or two.

USE PSYCHIC.

Logan

This boss isn't exactly ULTRA HARD, it's just that you can make many, MANY mistakes and you're forced to run the Ice Beam set (arguably the worst) to win against this boss. I recommend you begin this boss burned if you don't want to risk a 25% chance to automatically lose against Serperior. Basically this boss' Infernape spams Thunderpunch every single turn against Mega Slowbro, if you're unlucky it will paralyse you (and you will cry). There's multiple issues throughout the boss: the Tyranitar will harrass you with Sand Stream and reduce your Defense with Crunch while you fight it (I recommend you stall the Sandstorm turns with Iron Defense, Calm Mind or Slack Off while you wait for it to stop), Infernape paralysing you, Serperior's Leaf Storm dealing massive damage (keep this in mind: against Serperior, YOU MUST ICE BEAM IMMEDIATELY. You cannot stall it, the second Leaf Storm will kill you with no chance to fight back unless you accidentally dodge it. At the end there's a Dialga which has Leftovers. You can either beat it by spamming Ice Beam or PP stalling it until it dies from Struggle. Your choice!

USE ICE BEAM.

Difficulty: FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PRAY TO OUR LORD HELIX I DON'T KNOW HOW TO DO THIS BOSS JESUS CHRIST LORD SAVE ME

Pumpkin King.

No, this is not a joke. This boss is borderline impossible if not straight up impossible with this team. The problem here is that the boss leads both with a Dark type (which completely blocks any Status move used by a Prankster user) AND Defiant as an ability (which means that if you debuff it, you will increase its ATK exponentially). There's only 2 ways to win against this boss:

1.- Start with Mega Slowbro with either Flamethrower or Scald. Mega immediately, spam Iron Defense and Slack Off until your DEF is at max, then spam Scald or Flamethrower until Bisharp dies. Switch to Forretress and Pineco and set up all hazards, flash the Shuckle 6 times BECAUSE IT HAS TOXIC. Memento afterwards, set up Slowbro and pray it never Toxics or you dodge it. You can't AND DON'T WANT TO FLAME ORB BEFORE THIS FIGHT. Bisharp will pressure you too hard, and it randomly uses Swords Dance.

2.- Worry Seed Bisharp with a Focus Sash Jumpluff. Then, spam Flash until you die. Go immediately to Mega Slowbro and pray. Repeat the strategy mentioned before.

Use SCALD or FLAMETHROWER.

Bosses this team cannot fight due to team requirements:

Saphirr (sad because otherwise this boss is a free win), Steven (same issue)

Edited by Bhimoso
  • Like 1

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxydK7CUEwL47Ym7hIkMbSA <- Youtube channel with guides!

https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/forum/13-game-guide/ <- Check my game guides (and other's guides) here!

• Bhimoso changed the title to Mini-Guide: Fighting Bosses with Mega Slowbro

Reworked the guide and made an extremely low budget version which does not require any tutors, egg moves or daycare or any moves at all after Johto. All of this team can be built before stepping a foot into Hoenn.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxydK7CUEwL47Ym7hIkMbSA <- Youtube channel with guides!

https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/forum/13-game-guide/ <- Check my game guides (and other's guides) here!