Feedback/Thoughts on 'Alolan Marowak Special Event'/Events

Marksman1303

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to share my thoughts on the Alolan Marowak special event.
First of all I want to say great skin design and thanks to the person who submitted this skin to the form contest.
I am really looking forward to the following events and the new forms coming  😊
But now to the rather negative, the rates, 1/300 chance of a Pokémon spawning at a rate of about 0.6-0.7%, and then the whole thing for 7 days. Has anyone actually thought about what that means?
I farmed 7 days, 12000 encounters, that's about 40 hours of hunting, that's like a full-time job. During that time I encountered 74 Alolan Marowak.
It is simply impossible to earn anything without luck. (And that's becoming more and more the case in recent events.)
74, that's not even a quarter of the 300 where you're still far from a good chance of having an Alolan Marowak with event skin.
Just as a counterexample, the Star Wars Pawniard was on Route 1 at a rate of 1/100 back then.

image.png.0ed0901230c0841fe2c1c1c6017e8330.png

A few thoughts on the events in general:

I just can't understand why the rates have to keep getting worse.
"if the forms are rarer, then they are more valuable" - such comments are then heard.
But then you look at the trade, empty – no event forms. And if forms are in there, then they are commons that are traded for 20-30k.
Just a note, I've searched Vulcan Plaza for so long and Rattata #5849 came up with an event form, that was on the 7th! Day. 7 days for an event form, which is then worth 20k.
The only effect is that you look for an event pokemon for days or weeks, it then has bad stats and you are so frustrated or have no more time in the event, that you don’t start looking for a second one again.
Rates have been significantly better in the past, 1/50, oh, good old times, you also searched for days, but if you found the event form after a few days, then you still had motivation if you found a bad one.
Nowadays you put hundreds of hours into the game and usually end up with nothing. I don't understand for whom the events are then organized. I used to have the feeling that it should be fun and the game makers celebrate the events together with the players.

Even though I know that such texts are probably read by very few and certainly not by the people who could change something about them, I still had to express my growing disappointment.

Apologies for any spelling mistakes it may contain

Greetings

Marksman1303 of MewtusRache

P.S. Thanks to my dear guildies who accompany me on what feels like endless hunts so we
can still have a good time somehow😊

P.P.S. the new dungeon is nice and fun

• Like 10

Discord: Marksman1303

I can only completely agree with Marksman.
To see 300 Alolan-Marowaks (with a spawnrate 0,62%) that you need, to have a nearly safe chance to get one form,  you need about 48k Encounter. That means that you need about 150+h (320 encounter per hour - what is very fast) - over 21h each day in this week. How is this possible ?! We are humans and not bots.
About the chance for rattata or farfetch'd, I also have the feeling that there was an issue from monday til saturday. We did so many encounters and the first rattata form was catched by an guild member on saturday afternoon ! Monday til Saturday nothing in the guild, u dont see anyone in the trade or all chat who catched a rattata or farfetch'd there.
Please make the chances to get a form more transparent and more possible to get it.

• Like 4

At first I was glad they announced the chance rate of getting the form which is 1/300 (pretty good rate imo). But after trying to hunt for around 3 days, I noticed it's clearly rarer than Alolan-Exeggutor which made me upset. Idk they probably made it T9?

Still I tried to hunt until the event ends. Sadly no luck even though I submitted that at form contest last year :PiplupCry: (Walross why not gib me chance rate boost)

Also about this post, my stand on this is neutral. Means It's okay for me that they made it hard to get to boost the price since almost anyone want it so bad (especially troom users like me), but its also okay for me if they just made it much easier. I mean this is MMO anyway which means we need to grind (and also luck). So not -1, not +1 but maybe 0 :kek.

My only suggestion is that, although some might say "Then wait for SW event" or "This is summer event not SW", I still hope they will make an extension or until summer event ends.

Thanks, SW Alomaro POG

((1/300) * (74/12000))^-1 = 48,648 encounters. Statisically, after 48,648 you have a 63.2% chance to have at least 1 form Alowak. Pretty much a coin flip after 3 weeks of full-time job hunting. Pretty ridiculous to expect people to do that.

Even if you just want a decent regular Alowak, this spot is useless. No encounter rate should ever fall below 1% and sadly, with the surge of "3 rares in 1 map", this is exactly what's happening. Horrible concept and spawn design philosophy.

• Like 4