Solid Boss Team for (almost) all Bosses

Onkelles

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 4/26/2023 at 12:39 PM, Fnaticpain said:

This team didn't work vs Neroli substitute is always destroyed

I've beaten Neroli several times with this team with not even the slightest hint of a chance at failure.

You're doing something wrong.

I'll provide a step by step walkthrough on what I do when I fight Neroli:

Spoiler

Held items:
Whimsicott  - Lagging tail
Huntail         - Leftovers
All others      - Focus sashes

1. Whimsicott Switcheroo lagging tail to Celebi

2. Whimsicott Memento

3. Golduck Yawn

4.1 Golduck Simple Beam (Or Flash once if your golduck would die before the next move)
4.2(Simple beam if you previously used flash)

5. Golduck Soak

6. Golduck / Dugtrio Flash/Sand attack x3 

7. Cottonee Stun spore

8. Cottonee / Dugtrio Memento

9. Huntail Substitute

10. Huntail Aqua ring

11. Huntail Shell smash 3x

12. Huntail Baton pass

13. Pangoro Power trip 6x

takes like 3-5 minutes and has 0 chance of failure.

Some helpful notes on bosses in general
There are only 5 ways enemy lead breaks substitute:

1. You didn't switcheroo lagging tail unto it.

2. You didn't get -6 stages accuracy on it (3 total accuracy reducing moves w/ simple beam preset)

3. If its a mega you didn't get -6 speed stages with cotton spore

4. Sometimes the enemy has no guard ability like the Machamp Chuck opens with, must be simple beamed away.

5. You're getting unlucky. PP up your substitute to the max and the chance of this happening to your death is really a 0.

Ofc this guide author does not include stun spore, I feel that alone can potentially ruin the rng and push it out of our favor at times.
There's 0 reason to use giga drain over stun spore on the cottonee. Absolutely 0.
Stun spore is HUGE after accuracy stages are reduced and sleep ends.

For dealing with enemy running out of pp: Make less moves, by whatever means necessary or force it to run out without losing anything to setup on the next.

For dealing with enemy exploding If you don't need SR for that boss: sacrifice dugtrio for a destiny bonder and go from the 2nd in lineup.

For dealing with enemy exploding if you NEED SR for that boss: Sacrifice whimsicott for a different one with charm + cotton guard + double team + Flash w/ leftovers (Maximized def/hp & bold nature!) Perform all initial setup on cottonee when 2nd in line is sent out. Max defense + max evasion + enemy full debuffed accuracy = the odds of you taking a crit before it explodes are pretty low. Even if it dies you can just camp substitute on huntail going forward.
Simple right? It really is.

-Someone who recently came back to the game and utterly destroyed all boss content across 4 post-game accounts with these teams and gets a bit peeved seeing people say it doesn't work when it is simply overpowered and works fine.

-Someone who has had bosses switch on this team from pp running out, pokemon exploding, etc "Easy loss moments" and STILL won.

P.S in a couple weeks I will compile some videos to make guides for how this team is used.
(Slowly recording multiple runs of every boss in the game til I find ones that show the peak of everything we need to adapt to!)

There are a few things in the authors document file that are incorrect and/or missing.
Mostly common sense things but apparently even the noted things aren't "common sense" to people who don't read.

Edited by Ashaleigh

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I lost to Shaui because my substitute got destroyed by conkeldur, then couldnt one shot dragonite so my sash was used there. Then azelf carried a sash. quadra ninja edit: didnt see that dugtrio needed to use stealth rock. oh boy am i learning or what.

Also lost to gamer diepy as clefable doesn't die, kills the substitute, then xerneas isnt one hit either and takes the sash. sylveon isn't one shot either (very close so it might be an IV thing but my pangoro has 26 atk and fully ev trained) and i lose.

edit triple : omg i didnt read what power trip did....

Edited by Lavandiya