Reward players for hard work and less rng

Ekel1717

Hi. I have thought about this yesterday and spoke with 1 of my guildmates. The idea i have in my mind is to reward players for spending hours catching pokes 🤩 How you can all ask. Well, i think it's simple. You are catching for example whatever rare poke (t8 right ?) and if u catch let's choose the number, for example 100 or encounter then the ivs will be better or raised (rewarding for efforts before). Then 200 --> should be even better ivs and like that. I think limit can be 500 and then you can catch godly one and players who spends hours will be rewarded. I think that would be nice way to be more like work >>> rng. Let me know you all what you think. 😀

Edited by Ekel1717

As a guy with 6k+ hours and many time spent hunting all sorts of things I would directly benefits from that and yet I think it's a very bad idea.

It cannot be like that. Catching good poke should always be random. That's the beauty of the game.

Since the topic title is "Reward players for hard work and less RNG" I could totally see other suggestions fitting this title.

Like with reroll tickets on legendaries... I know people (including myself) with crazy amount of hours that still don't have pvpable staple legendaries even after spamming tons of rerolls... that should not be acceptable... and i'm annoyed by this 1000 times more than by the fact I still have to grind weeks to get a good rare poke when a guy with 150 hours find a shiny epic riolu.

Why don't we have a system where for every 20 rerolls tickets used (or another number) with a stat under 10 (or another number), from the 21st rerolls ticket this stat cannot be under 10.

It take an example :

First reroll i get (atk, def, speed, spatk, spdef, hp) : 10, 9, 8, 11, 28,31 (yes that's really the kind of crappy stats we can get at the 20th rr used)

Second reroll i get : 21, 4, 1, 15, 12, 29

Etc ...until 20th reroll

If during these 20 reroll, the def stat and the speed stat were always below 10 then it should not be possible that the next rerolls to be used gives a stat under 10 for def and speed.

I like this proposal because 10 is fairly low for something we want to use for pvp so we won't all end up having pure gods legendaries and also because there is nothing the player can do about it other than use a lot or rerolls (which we already do but with potentially no other reward than the feeling of unstoppable failure).