Few ideas! [Updated]

Ezyquake

Rebalancing:

As it is now, Pokemon has many aspects that are based very much on luck, I believe. Something you do not show that you are good enough to compete against other players. Damaging Fire, Poison, Electric and Ice moves have a chance to leave the opponent with the matching status (Burn, Poison, Paralyze, Freeze). Well, personally I'd think that would be okay if it wasnt for Burn to reduce 50% of physicals' attacks damame, Poison to reduce 50% of sp.attacks' damage, Paralyze to reduce 50% of the speed and also having a chance to make the attacking pokemon unable to attack and for Freeze to just make the pokemon stand there waiting to be unfrozen. In addition, critical hit, personally is something pure luck and would make you win by dumb luck, would you want that? I wouldn't, I always need to show that I am better than the opponent with my tactics and strategies, not luck.

-Burn

Burning an opponent pokemon would be possible by Will-o-Wisp and would deal 5% of the burned pokemon's HP on each turn while also reducing his attack stat by 50%.

-Poison

Poisoning an opponent pokemon would be possible by Toxic and Toxic Spikes and would deal 8% of the poisoned pokemon's HP on each turn while also reducing its Sp.Attack stat by 30%.

-Paralysis

Paralyzing an opponent pokemon would be possible by Thunder Wave, Stun Spore and Glare and would no longer reduce its speed but it would make the opponent have 25% chance to be unable to attack each turn and take 2% of the HP damage.

-Freeze

Freezing would be achieved with any ice type move and with a 10% chance to freeze the target. Freezing pokemon have their speed reduced by 50%.

-Sleep

Sleep would be achieved with the current Sleep non-damaging moves. Pokemon that are under the effect of Sleep regenerate 5% of their HP on each turn and are unable to do any action but taking damage will have a 50% chance to wake them up and take 25% more damage than intended.

Moves:

-Double Team

Double Team as it is increases evasion by a lot and can be used for different, methods, such as stalling which many people consider a tactic but it's really something overpowered that can be achieved with extreme ease. While Double Team increases evasion it also reduces the user's Speed stat.

-Moonlight

An instant heal is what anybody would ask and the healing being based on the weather isn't really a drawback... So using moonlight would automatically regenerate 10% of any allied pokemon every turn with a maximum of 4 turns. And since it's a fairy type move allied dragon pokemon would not be affected by it.

-Protect

A move that is able to negate everything but only to delay the batte for one round, I personally believe it's a poorly made move that needs some rework. Protect should be able to negate every Sp.Attack while Physical Attacks bypass the Protect and do 50% less damage than intended and also damage the attacking pokemon back by 25% of the damage dealt.

-Toxic

Accuracy increased to 100%. Steel pokemon not affected.

-Will-o-Wisp

Accuracy increased to 100%. Water and Rock pokemon not affected.

-Stun Spore

Accuracy changed to 85%.

-Hypnosis

Accuracy changed to 50%. Reduces the opponent's Sp.Defense stat by 25%.

-Lovely Kiss

Accuracy changed to 60%. Reduces the opponent's Defense stat by 25%.

-Yawn

Accuracy changed to 80%. Reduces the opponent's Speed stat by 25%.

-Spore

Removed from the game.

-Sing

Accuracy changed to 70%. Increases the user's Sp.Attack by 25%.

-Ice Beam

Damage decreased to 80 from 90.

-Ice Punch

Power increased to 80 from from 75 and accuracy decreased to 90 from 100.

Critical Hit:

Critical Hit, a word that makes you smile whenever you land one, you feel rewarded, but that's only by luck. Well Critical has always been about luck. So I came up with a suggestion that would be rewarding when landed and costy when being crited. Critical Hit should only be landed on super-effective attacks and would deal not double the damage but 50% more than intended and have a 10% chance to land one. That way not only you are rewarded with the type advantage but you also have the chance to deal additional damage! Pretty rewarding, no?

Ranking:

I believe the ranking system is too simplistic but that could be because the game is just beginning to grow. As for now I'd like to leave my suggestion as of what I'd think the ranking should be and a marvelous piece of client I, my great self, designed.

The matchmaking system would have a ranking and casual matchmaking. Ranking to of course get rating and casual matches to practice with your team and see what works and what not. There would also be a Records tab in which u could track your last matches in both ranked and casual matchmaking.

-The rating in the ranked games would go as follows:

The rating you get when you win would be: Your alive pokemon x 3.

--Example: If 4 of your pokemon were alive you would get +12 rating, etc.

The rating you lose when you get defeated would be: The opponent's alive pokemon x (-2).

--Example: If 3 of his pokemon were alive you would get -6 rating, etc.

In case of a draw the rating would stay the same for both people.

Each rating stage determines your rank.

--For example:

Below 500 rating: Adventurer Rank

Between 501 and 800: Trainer Rank

Between 801 and 1200: Battler Rank

Between 1201 and 1700: Gym Leader Rank

Between 1701 and 2300: Elite 4 Rank

Between 2301 and 2999: Champion Rank

Above 2999: Master Rank

And here is a part of the great design I was talking about: 2n21rvl.png

Thank you for taking your time to read my suggestions I'll be posting more suggestions as I play :D.

[center][/center]

154276 Rebalancing:

As it is now, Pokemon has many aspects that are based very much on luck, I believe. Something you do not show that you are good enough to compete against other players. Damaging Fire, Poison, Electric and Ice moves have a chance to leave the opponent with the matching status (Burn, Poison, Paralyze, Freeze). Well, personally I'd think that would be okay if it wasnt for Burn to reduce 50% of physicals' attacks damame, Poison to reduce 50% of sp.attacks' damage, Paralyze to reduce 50% of the speed and also having a chance to make the attacking pokemon unable to attack and for Freeze to just make the pokemon stand there waiting to be unfrozen. In addition, critical hit, personally is something pure luck and would make you win by dumb luck, would you want that? I wouldn't, I always need to show that I am better than the opponent with my tactics and strategies, not luck.

-Burn

Burning an opponent pokemon would be possible by Will-o-Wisp and would deal 5% of the burned pokemon's HP on each turn while also reducing his attack stat by 50%.

-Poison

Poisoning an opponent pokemon would be possible by Toxic and Toxic Spikes and would deal 8% of the poisoned pokemon's HP on each turn while also reducing its Sp.Attack stat by 30%.

-Paralysis

Paralyzing an opponent pokemon would be possible by Thunder Wave, Stun Spore and Glare and would no longer reduce its speed but it would make the opponent have 25% chance to be unable to attack each turn and take 2% of the HP damage.

-Freeze

Freezing would be achieved with any ice type move and with a 10% chance to freeze the target. Freezing pokemon have their speed reduced by 50%.

-Sleep

Sleep would be achieved with the current Sleep non-damaging moves. Pokemon that are under the effect of Sleep regenerate 5% of their HP on each turn and are unable to do any action but taking damage will have a 50% chance to wake them up and take 25% more damage than intended.

Moves:

-Double Team

Double Team as it is increases evasion by a lot and can be used for different, methods, such as stalling which many people consider a tactic but it's really something overpowered that can be achieved with extreme ease. While Double Team increases evasion it also reduces the user's Speed stat.

-Moonlight

An instant heal is what anybody would ask and the healing being based on the weather isn't really a drawback... So using moonlight would automatically regenerate 10% of any allied pokemon every turn with a maximum of 4 turns. And since it's a fairy type move allied dragon pokemon would not be affected by it.

-Protect

A move that is able to negate everything but only to delay the batte for one round, I personally believe it's a poorly made move that needs some rework. Protect should be able to negate every Sp.Attack while Physical Attacks bypass the Protect and do 50% less damage than intended and also damage the attacking pokemon back by 25% of the damage dealt.

-Toxic

-Will-o-Wisp

-Stun Spore

Accuracy changed to 85%.

-Hypnosis

-Lovely Kiss

-Yawn

-Spore

Removed from the game.

-Sing

-Ice Beam

-Ice Punch

Critical Hit:

Critical Hit, a word that makes you smile whenever you land one, you feel rewarded, but that's only by luck. Well Critical has always been about luck. So I came up with a suggestion that would be rewarding when landed and costy when being crited. Critical Hit should only be landed on super-effective attacks and would deal not double the damage but 50% more than intended and have a 10% chance to land one. That way not only you are rewarded with the type advantage but you also have the chance to deal additional damage! Pretty rewarding, no?

Ranking:

I believe the ranking system is too simplistic but that could be because the game is just beginning to grow. As for now I'd like to leave my suggestion as of what I'd think the ranking should be and a marvelous piece of client I, my great self, designed.

The matchmaking system would have a ranking and casual matchmaking. Ranking to of course get rating and casual matches to practice with your team and see what works and what not. There would also be a Records tab in which u could track your last matches in both ranked and casual matchmaking.

--Example: If 4 of your pokemon were alive you would get +8 rating, etc.

The rating you lose when you get defeated would be: Your alive pokemon x (-2).

--Example: If 3 of your pokemon were alive you would get -6 rating, etc.

--For example:

And here is a part of the great design I was talking about: 2n21rvl.png

Thank you for taking your time to read my suggestions I'll be posting more suggestions as I play :D.

Thank you for the suggestion, however, these are very drastic changes and I do not believe they will be implemented.

wycTAcv.gif

Sig created by Annazhee

154276 Rebalancing:

For the intro, casting aside the 50% SpA reduction given by poison, I don't believe that either status need to be changed. They work well at the moment (at least from my point of view) and they have their own purpose. Generally they are hard to inflict, in which case, the user usually prefers using specifically status inducing moves. However, it also causes the one on the receiving end of the move a few a free turn if they can land a hit or a free switch, which can be huge in a battle. It's altogether a risk and reward thing in the end. If you can time it well, of course you should be rewarded.

Secondly yes there are things that are 'random' which can make the game less about skill than and more about pure chance. That being said, this 'random' thingy affects both players (speaking only for battles where 2 players battle each other)

-Burn

Why the reduction in damage per turn? Do you realise that means that stallers will be stronger because of this change? Plus a pokemon with leftovers will be even more tanky because of lower residual damage.

Does that also mean you want to remove the burn effects from other fire-type moves? That's something severely affecting the metagame and nerfing fire pokemon... and additionally possibly rendering Flame Body useless.

-Poison

Similar to burn, except for the misinformation about the SpA reduction. And what about Poison Powder, Poison Gas?

-Paralysis

And here you are giving sweepers so much buff... After that change, people would probably never use Paralysis at all because the upside of using it is so low. So many pokemon will become useless and the powerful pokemon will become even more common on the battlefield, ths encouraging only one style of playing.

-Freeze

Earlier it appeared like you didn't want freeze to have the pokemon stand still and not do anything, which I don't see how you are improving. Giving that secondary effect to all ice types will make ice types stronger, and you will likely find your pokemon more often "stand there waiting to be unfrozen". Common damaging ice type moves that don't freeze include: Ice Shard, Icicle Spear, Avalanche, Icicle Crash. Plus why the 50% reduction in speed? The pokemon is completely at a standstill, it would only make things worse!

-Sleep

Erm, why would you change the current way it works again? What is not good with the current Sleep that this new Sleep attempts to make better?

Moves:

-Double Team

First it doesn't make sense to reduce the speed. Second there's something called evasion clause that forbids such moves in competitive battles. Third, if I understand correctly, moves directly affecting accuracy and evasion don't work in PRO.

-Moonlight

Weather usually lasts for 5 turns, including the turn it was activated in, so the healing you speak of will leave a free turn on the field, plus one more for the healing move, so an opposing pokemon can set up or go for a KO, totally defeating the purpose of the move...

-Protect

-Toxic

May I ask why you want to make it 100%? Toxic is a very common move that can cripple a lot of pokemon if left unchecked and I don't see what you are trying to accomplish by making it even harder to deal with. Again, that comes back to; people will all start using the same thing (also poison types should be immune, as well as pokemon with the appropriate ability)

-Will-o-Wisp

This does not make Will-O-Wisp much stronger. There are a lot of pokemon with the Water typing that would become very common with that change, thus effectively making this move virtually obsolete.

-Stun Spore

Accuracy changed to 85%.

That doesn't change much if anything... It's not a PvP move anyway because Thunder Wave is more reliable.

-Hypnosis

Accuracy is much more important, and this move rarely made it to PvP because of that. And why SpD reduction?

-Lovely Kiss

Only Jynx line learns it... why? And Jynx is a Special Attacker by default...

-Yawn

This move is mainly used to force switches. Being inaccurate means that it's usefulness is reduced and left in the hands of... hello RNGs.

-Spore

Removed from the game.

Parasect, Breloom and Amoonguss are the only pokemon that can get that move. Breloom can do without it, but Amoonguss will be pretty useless because it is pretty slow and can usually be easily countered.

-Sing

I don't exactly mind the increase in accuracy, or the boost in SpA, though it might be too much effort adding a half stage of stat boost to the metagame. Usually boosts occur in increments of 50% to a maximum of 300%. Most of the pokemon that have it are not that common in PvP so they might get some more love, which is always good.

-Ice Beam

-Ice Punch

What is the reasoning behind those? Why does Ice Beam need that nerf and why does Ice Punch need these adjustments?

Ice Beam, Thunderbolt and Flamethrower are supposed to go together, in that they are similar in all respects except typing, and same goes for Ice Punch, Thunder Punch and Fire Punch.

Ice Beam is much more spread than Ice Punch, what that means is that pokemon which could keep dragon types in check will then be less able to do so, thus dragon types will become even more popular than they are right now, and favouring already popular pokemon is not in the spirit of balancing...

As for Ice Punch, that would also make it harder to counter Machamp specifically, since it is one of the best users of this move. The counters to Machamp, being flying types, and with No Guard as ability, the accuracy drop becomes irrelevant. That together with the speed drop you want to have, it might be that Machamp could become the next OP pokemon...

Critical Hit:

Err first of all, the critical hits do 150% the total damage, not 200%, and then no, it's less rewarding because without this change, you have 6.25% to land a critical hit without any boosts (so you are adding more RNG), and you get a damage output of only 50% while without this change you get roughly 75% additional damage.

With no change

STAB = 150%

Critical Hit + STAB = 150% * 150% = 225%

Damage increase = 75%

With change:

STAB = 150%

Critical Hit + STAB = 150% + 50% = 200%

If you did mean that it was a multiplier instead of an additional 50% damage, then it is not changing the current mechanics besides making it more likely to hit... I thought you did not like RNGs?

Ranking:

--Example: If 4 of your pokemon were alive you would get +12 rating, etc.

The rating you lose when you get defeated would be: The opponent's alive pokemon x (-2).

--Example: If 3 of his pokemon were alive you would get -6 rating, etc.

--For example:

And here is a part of the great design I was talking about: [image removed]

I think the current rating system on PRO is more accurate than the system you are proposing, and is not as 'simplistic' as you claim it to be. The number of pokemon remaining at the end of a battle is not a good measure of a player's skills, plus it would take a whole lot of time for a player who just now joined the system, who is very skilled, to get to the top, which means that the system is flawed. If someone is skilled, they should be able to climb the ladder quickly with a few battles, and the current system allows that.

Another drawback of your system is that it overall will remove points from the system. Yes, a lot of players join everyday, but the number that make it to the PvP system is not that much, and it will be even worse when veteran players with lots of points leave the system for one reason or another.

In cases of draws, does that not mean that both players are of the same skill? Then, your system is again flawed if a draw occurs between two players of different ratings, because it's saying one is stronger than the other but the battle just determined that they are equally skilled.

Records tab: Or you could record them yourself if that's the extent that is to be recorded. I don't think most players would make good use of it and it will surely put an additional burden on the game, which I'm not too keen to risk.

All in all, I appreciate the effort in attempting to bring about more balance to the game, but I really would encourage you to do more research before attempting to balance something. It's no easy task and there are a lot of things to consider. If you can make several sensible paragraphs detailing how and why such and such change benefits everyone, then I think you will have a better chance to see the changes in game :)

Official discord chat.

Be polite and patient if you need support. While users with the symbols +, % and @ are the chat staff, they are not necessarily also game staff, but they can usually advise you. That said, forums are better for reporting issues and bugs.

Well of course the changes I suggested are making something else unbalanced. The changes in the status moves I made were to make players use multiple status moves and not the standard tactics that exist. While I focused on the status moves I also suggested some changes to moves that can make stall stronger. What I forgot to mention in this suggestion of mine is that pokemon with each status makes the attack stronger. For example if the opponent is burning and you hit him with flamethrower the damage is increased and so on. If balancing was into my hands I wouldn't just focus on just these suggestions I made but I'd take each move and pokemon individually and make the changes I needed after a lot of thought and testing. The moves I suggested here are mainly focused around the status meta and only that. I am also aware that some of these changes may be either unbalanced or useless but you don't succeed in doing something with the first try, there always will be changes. Finally, I wanna say that this isn't my best I can think of and suggest, if it was in my hand to balance and make the PvP more advanced I'd devote all my free time to it. But as it is now, if the staff is interested in changing the whole meta, I just suggested what I thought would be the best for status moves. Now, the reason I wanted to change the status moves, is not to make it too one-sided. Like when you are sleeping you just stand there hoping to wake up, you have no chance to fight back, therefore while you are asleep you are regenerating health and same goes for other status moves. What my ultimate goal is for the balance in PvP is both sides being given the chance to do something. And by any means, I did not suggest those moves to make stalling stronger, I just want it to be gone off this game, because it simply is something easily achievable and too strong.

[center][/center]

Well of course the changes I suggested are making something else unbalanced.

That's not what balancing is about. Balancing in pokemon is about making things so that everyone has a possibility to win with whatever pokemon they choose, within reasonable boundaries. That doesn't mean that a Bulbasaur should be able to beat a Venusaur, but any reasonable team of Pokemon should be able to fight equally well against another Pokemon team that is very popular after being balanced, thus creating more interesting matches, more possibilities and less mainstream. An good example is Clefable before the introduction of Fairy types was never seen on winning PvP teams but after the changes (an attempt by Pokemon to balance the metagame and nerfing dragons mainly), Clefable has become just as popular among teams as many others before it.

The changes in the status moves I made were to make players use multiple status moves and not the standard tactics that exist. While I focused on the status moves I also suggested some changes to moves that can make stall stronger. What I forgot to mention in this suggestion of mine is that pokemon with each status makes the attack stronger. For example if the opponent is burning and you hit him with flamethrower the damage is increased and so on. If balancing was into my hands I wouldn't just focus on just these suggestions I made but I'd take each move and pokemon individually and make the changes I needed after a lot of thought and testing. The moves I suggested here are mainly focused around the status meta and only that. I am also aware that some of these changes may be either unbalanced or useless but you don't succeed in doing something with the first try, there always will be changes. Finally, I wanna say that this isn't my best I can think of and suggest, if it was in my hand to balance and make the PvP more advanced I'd devote all my free time to it. But as it is now, if the staff is interested in changing the whole meta, I just suggested what I thought would be the best for status moves. Now, the reason I wanted to change the status moves, is not to make it too one-sided. Like when you are sleeping you just stand there hoping to wake up, you have no chance to fight back, therefore while you are asleep you are regenerating health and same goes for other status moves. What my ultimate goal is for the balance in PvP is both sides being given the chance to do something. And by any means, I did not suggest those moves to make stalling stronger, I just want it to be gone off this game, because it simply is something easily achievable and too strong.

No it's not and through that simple statement, you are already forcing a good part of the meta game out; hence outbalancing it. Yes, stalling can be relatively easy, but they are not infallible. They have been part of the game and players and won and lost matches with them. That's how balanced the current system is. Something doesn't need to be changed just because you don't like it, that's not the purpose of balancing.

And lastly, I don't think no one will take you seriously either if you aren't putting enough effort into it. Right now, it looks like random changes to the meta, random enough to appear like you either don't know what you are doing, or you are trying to favour your own play style instead of considering the system and the players as a whole.

Official discord chat.

Be polite and patient if you need support. While users with the symbols +, % and @ are the chat staff, they are not necessarily also game staff, but they can usually advise you. That said, forums are better for reporting issues and bugs.

Yes, PRO isn't the official game, but I believe they don't want the changes to be this drastic either.

Toxic already has 100% accuracy when used by Poison-types (in Gen 6 at least, not sure if PRO already has it or not).

The Protect change you suggest sounds more like the move Spiky Shield or King's Shield, minus the blocking only special attacks part (KS & SS also block physical attacks, in fact their additional effect works with attacks that makes contact, which is like, 95% of all physical attacks)

Basically, your suggestion already exist, and is even better. So IMO, Protect should stay as it is.