New to Pokemon, loving this game

Hello, I'm Skedra and I have just recently started out on Pokemon Revolution. Playing the RPG version of Pokemon is new to me, I had only played Pokemon Stadium and Pokemon Snap (which I really loved) on the Nintendo 64. I have been playing Pokemon Showdown a lot recently and it brought me into playing this.

It had been a long time since I had been addicted to a game like this. Revolution is a great game and I've been enjoying exploring the game without any guides or help for the pure fun of it. Still discovering how to build good Pokemon and such.

Currectly I own a level 22 Noctowl, level 19 Wartortle, a Magikarp and a Butterfree which I am levelling.

There is only one question I wanted to ask, because I might be screwing up my current pokemon's stats, how do I increase their EV's?

Hey, welcome to the community, usually lots of users in help chat help around with anything you need. If I were you I would read all I can in forums just to make it easier for yourself, remember this game is a "parody" so not everything is identical as the original games, have some patience while learning the ropes of the game after that it becomes way easier and will probably be as enjoyable as it is for me. Remember this game is in beta so we still have some bugs and issues.

Welcome to the grind.

156134 Hello, I'm Skedra and I have just recently started out on Pokemon Revolution. Playing the RPG version of Pokemon is new to me, I had only played Pokemon Stadium and Pokemon Snap (which I really loved) on the Nintendo 64. I have been playing Pokemon Showdown a lot recently and it brought me into playing this.

It had been a long time since I had been addicted to a game like this. Revolution is a great game and I've been enjoying exploring the game without any guides or help for the pure fun of it. Still discovering how to build good Pokemon and such.

Currectly I own a level 22 Noctowl, level 19 Wartortle, a Magikarp and a Butterfree which I am levelling.

There is only one question I wanted to ask, because I might be [Censored] up my current pokemon's stats, how do I increase their EV's?

Welcome to PRO, Skedra. Glad to hear that you're enjoying the game so far.

To answer your question, you increase Pokemon EVs by defeating other Pokemon in battle. Each Pokemon yields different EVs, so you'll want to battle against the right ones to train their EVs properly. For example, you get 1 Speed EV for defeating Rattata, and 1 HP EV for defeating Hoothoot.

You can also find EV-reducing berries throughout the story which will decrease a certain EV by 10 points.

For more detailed information, I'd recommend googling EVs and checking out this user-created guide.

Good luck on your journey!

wycTAcv.gif

Sig created by Annazhee

Hello Skedra, welcome to pro we have varies of ways to support you if you need it, we have Game guides and live chat support IRC, we got FAQ also to guide you through. Enjoy your game!

I've been trying to do what I can without guides. But some things like how to train EV's are useful to know because it can mess up your pokemon in the long run.

Is there maybe a place around here where people blog?