Giovanni makes me sad

1. 1.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

159469 Alright, so after leveling for a solid three hours, this is my current team:

Sandslash 39

Vileplume 34

Raticate 34

Pikachu 36

Wartortle 36

Noctowl 35

I defeated every trainer in the Rocket Base, went out into Route 7 and just murdered everything for three hours, and this is what I've got, but I still get sweeped by Giovanni. I barely managed to kill the Persian, used a revive to bring back my Sandslash, and his Nidoking managed to do more damage to itself while confused than I was.

Am I still missing something? Like, is there somewhere else I can grind out levels? Because Route 7 only has level 17-20 Pokemon and they're just not giving me enough XP anymore.

Hi, I see your problem in lvup is because you evolved almost your pokemon - that will make longer time for grind level. For giovanni, I will recommend pokemon water and ground level 40. Hope it can help you.

159250 Dude, i did Giovanni with lvl 48-51. U are lvl 38.. cmon lol. ^^

Yes, I am dumb because I didn't know that levels represented by ?? translate to levels above 40. I'll keep that in mind next time.

Granted, do you mean at the Rocket Base, or the Viridian Gym? Because I'm still at the Rocket Base.

Thats not what i meant. And im talking about the Rocket Hideout, but im already a "experienced" player so i didnt evolve, so my lvl 50 are like evolved like 40-44. But infact, if u cant beat something in PRO, train til u can. It will be like this throughout the whole game.

but even when iw as new and did the same mistake like you, evolving so early, it didnt take me that long. If u REALLY cant beat it, buy alot of revives & potions. Story really isnt hard for the most part.

159250 Dude, i did Giovanni with lvl 48-51. U are lvl 38.. cmon lol. ^^

Majority of my team were level 30-35, had an Arbok at 39. It's doable with the right types (I switched out my Electric and Flying pokes for Grass and Water) and moves. All out offensive will most likely get you slaughtered at this level though. OHKO on Rhydon and Onix is easy with a Water/Grass type, so after that you basically have to worry about the Persian and Nidoking. It's hard to give specific advice here without knowing your moveset (and I can't remember Giovanni's), but at lower levels inflicting status changes is your best friend. Equipping Sitrus Berries/Leftovers can help you get another hit in too.

If you want to win with your current team then think ahead and change order accordingly. For instance, your Raticate probably outspeeds Nidoking(?) and has access to Super Fang- boom that'd be half his HP gone if you can reserve Raticate for that job. Can't remember if Nidoking has Magnitude/Earthquake but maybe Dig/Leftovers could be a viable option here too. If Raticate has access to attack/defence lowering moves these could be a good suicide option to make it slightly easier for the next Pokemon to take Nidoking down.

Don't think any of your team can match Persian for speed so either Sleep Powder followed by a strong offense or lowering his attack to a more manageable level (i.e spam Growl/potions) and then taking him down. There's probably other ways as well but that's all I can think of off the top of my head.

Or forego all that and just continue grinding. :p

levels that are ?? mean theyre hidden. its supposed to pose as a challenge, so you cant guess the level. train wartortle until level 36, evolve it

Onix is a pokemon with high defence, ur using a physical attacking move against

TJ6qktU.gif

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share the question on the forums due to being of use to others. Please use proper forum. Unsolicited messages will be trashed. Thanks.

159469 Alright, so after leveling for a solid three hours, this is my current team:

Sandslash 39

Vileplume 34

Raticate 34

Pikachu 36

Wartortle 36

Noctowl 35

I defeated every trainer in the Rocket Base, went out into Route 7 and just murdered everything for three hours, and this is what I've got, but I still get sweeped by Giovanni. I barely managed to kill the Persian, used a revive to bring back my Sandslash, and his Nidoking managed to do more damage to itself while confused than I was.

Am I still missing something? Like, is there somewhere else I can grind out levels? Because Route 7 only has level 17-20 Pokemon and they're just not giving me enough XP anymore.

I'am stuck in pretty much the same spot as you man. My pokemon are at 40s and its not difference,his rhydon just out speeds and one hit K.Os everything I have!

So after about four days leveling non-stop, managed to get all my Pokemon to at least 40, and also leveled a Gyarados.

Managed to take down the Rhydon and half the health of the Onix with the Gyarados, finished it off with Blastoise, knocked off a bit of health on the Persian, poisoned it with my Vileplume, then, having tought my Pikachu Seismic Toss, proceeded to suplex his stupid cat. His Nidoking made my Pikachu faint, but paralyzed itself, and I chipped his health down with Raticate's sucker punch, then took it down with my Sandslash's dig.

Thanks for all the tips, I appreciate the help!

I defeated his first two by using a level 23 Hauter with Nigh shade. You can take his first two without taking any damage as Ghost type is immune.

For his persian I use curse and let him take out my Haunter. I then switch to Graveler. He uses slash, which does nothing especially with Left overs held. Then just keep using magnitude until hes gone.

His last Poke is a rhydon or something. I just use magnitude as much as possible and switch to other pokemon when low. He will one shot most types, but use them to heal Graveler back to full. Rinse and repeat.

I agree with you that leveling up is a problem before you get surf, but I don't think there is anyway except keep grinding, btw your pokemons are low in level, go above 40, even if you beat Giovanni you won't take the 4th badge with those levels

Kurushiimohamed