A numbers approach to the Spawn Rates problem

Skazord

Now change your mind and forget about Showdown and breeding, here you need to catch or buy these pokes to counter this.With no breeding system and useless Ditto.Will be easy.

Idk if you play another pokemon online like this,but the rate about dratini is the same or even better.

I don't care about Showdown. I don't want breeding. I like catching just fine. I just don't want to look for a single pokemon for 5 hours, and the first one I find doesn't even get the same nature as my Synchronize pokemon. That's discouraging af, and not alright, even if this is an MMO.

Like I said in my original post, 7-8 hours to find a GOOD competitive pokemon should be the target. Not 7-8 hours to find a SINGLE crappy pokemon. You have to make a team of 6, with possibly several others to switch out. 7-8 hours to find each of 10 pokemon is already a long grind.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been grinding for a HA Nidoran Male for the past day or so and have encountered 2 HA in around 100 encounters. 1 of them I got lucky and rolled Timid on, but the IV's were complete trash. Out off all my encounters, this has been the best, but it doesn't even have the HA. Considering Nidoran M is so common (~50% encounter rate on Love Island during the morning and day), I would have expected it to be a lot easier to get a good one. But nope, because HA is a 1% chance it's near impossible.

My best out of 100 encounters:

44be097ab4.png

748a8f5bb1.png

Start to find another game.This is not for you.

no point to be rude, its a topic that have been brought up by multiple people and there are plenty of people on both sides. so its at least worth a discussion :)

The reality is always hard.Do you prefer i said "Man,just let it be,its a thing that can be changed as you try to find your perfect pokes"

That dont work in my vocabulary

Dragonite_FSIGN.png

My main issue with the way the spawn rates are handled is that it's basically a lottery to get the Pokemon you're looking for. You have 2 options:

1. Grind until you win the lottery

2. Buy Pokemon from somebody luckier than you

like what is this, monopoly? There should be a reasonable chance of encountering a rare Pokemon. I think even 1 every hour would be fair, but as it is you can spend 9 hours looking and not even find what you're looking for unless you get really lucky, and even then it might be shit. Sure you can Synchronize the nature onto it, 50% chance and all, but if it needs a hidden ability to even be decent then the whole game changes and you need a 1/100 roll on a Pokemon with like, 1/1000 encounter rate. Why even look for Pokemon with rates like this? You take out breeding, which is nice because it promotes going out to find Pokemon instead of running next to the daycare, but then you make the encounter rates abysmal, which promotes not actually going out and finding Pokemon when you can just sit on your ass and grind money until somebody steps into some grass by accident and find a Jolly 31 IV Moxie Heracross.

Ok so, lets do a simple map and statistics here.

Say you have a 100% guaranteed spawn regardless of its core rate. Let that Pokemon be a Dragonite. What are you chances to get a Dragonite you want, or what are you chances to get viable Dragonite (rain version/spakter, but you wanted an raw attacker)? Say you dont care much about HP, Spakt or even spdef but you want its Speed and Atk EV trained to max where nature is adamant. Ok so, I will explain on my way and what is my head atm.

You have a 100% chance to encounter a dragonite where 0% is a event that is not to happen. In this case, you not encountering the Dragonite.

- You have a 0.032% chance for that Dragonite to have max Attack and 0.016% chance for that Dragonite to have both Speed and Attack max. If you are to encounter same Pokemon five times in row the numbers will change. Max attack possibility will be 0.161% and both speed and attack max will have 0.081% chance.

- If you dream about specific narrowed stat set than your chance is 0.005%. This only applies for your own wish for stat set. Somewhere around 0.007% would be optimal. Optimal in the way that your Pokemon is not a trash but super useful Pokemon stat wise.

- On top of that you have 0.04% chance to get nature you WANT and 0.05% chance for that Dragonite to be battle VIABLE where 5 natures differential can be tolerated. Given the nature you got, Pokemon can be put for a different use, such as; 5 ways of using said Pokemon. Meaning, you have five times higher chance to get viable one based on the toleration level you might have.

- Now all that add onto desired ability. Say Pokemon can have 2 abilities, then your chance to get one you really want wont go up twice as low, it will go down a lot more given the rarity of hidden ability.

- So doing little side math your chances of getting the amazing Pokemon with encounter rate of 100% is 0.00035%. This applies on one account only at only specific time and specific event, one event only. If you are to encounter it 5 times in row then you have to take all of the variables from the above and determinate your luck. However, during that time only with 33 players on the same map the chance of "good" Dragonite being found is 0.0105%. 0.0105% for a single encounter. No, 33 encounters actually because we have 33 players on the map.

- So eventually, in 24 hours span there will be 4.809 Dragonites found by 33 users, God like Dragonites. Now where are the mid ones, somehow viable ones and shinies and you even can guess how many of rare Pokemon will be found in general? Give it a more time than just a day and you pretty much get the game flooded with "good" Pokemon. That being said, this does not have to be a Dragonite. This can be say Rattata where probability of someone getting the God version of Rattata is said above. Also keep in mind that game has several more places where those are being targeted for hunt. Don't you think it would be too much for the game to be flooded with good Pokemon in less than a month? That would severely damage the economy and demand as whole.

---

- Regardless, I am working on the spawns on my PC. Spawns you have now in the game are rather old because I work on them on my own server. In any case, this has so little with spawns. I do will admit that there are some spawns that might not be consinstent But that is what I always expected due to requests and reports from users side. For some the variety is awesome and they like some Pokemon being harder to find but also for some they want a slight change. In any case, that has little with the rate due to you wanting to find a specific Pokemon. I am not telling you this as a staff. I've used nothing but my head to tell you these.

In any case, I will give it a second though and will discuss some things with people. In the meantime I will think about my formula and will test it out personally in case something was left out.

As long as there are those that remember what was, there will always be those that are unable to accept what can be.