A numbers approach to the Spawn Rates problem

Skazord

It's an insane grind yes,(once again because it's an MMO)

This is a really lame excuse, and I seriously am tired of it. Being an MMO doesn't mean everything has to be extremely rare that you never even see it in your lifetime.

If you want to press W and S and press "Run" for 10 hours a day to see 2 Dratinis (or anything as rare) a day, suit yourself, but in my opinion, this will only discourage people from playing and encourage people that want to play to find methods to bypass the grind (ie, scamming, botting, RMTing, etc), which, by the way, are all very common things in MMOs with lengthy grinds.

Extremely rare that you never see in your lifetime lmao ? IF you actually spend some time to actually HUNT for the pokemon instead of posting a topic crying about it maybe you will get to see it once. And no this encourage people to actually put time into the game to HUNT for the pokemon that they love. And no because it's an MMO is not an excuse it's a fact and that's how MMO should be. What's the point of everyone having a perfect dratinis in the first month of the game ? What's the point of actually hunting for rare pokemon anymore ?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a really lame excuse, and I seriously am tired of it. Being an MMO doesn't mean everything has to be extremely rare that you never even see it in your lifetime.

If you want to press W and S and press "Run" for 10 hours a day to see 2 Dratinis (or anything as rare) a day, suit yourself, but in my opinion, this will only discourage people from playing and encourage people that want to play to find methods to bypass the grind (ie, scamming, botting, RMTing, etc), which, by the way, are all very common things in MMOs with lengthy grinds.

Extremely rare that you never see in your lifetime lmao ? IF you actually spend some time to actually HUNT for the pokemon instead of posting a topic crying about it maybe you will get to see it once. And no this encourage people to actually put time into the game to HUNT for the pokemon that they love. And no because it's an MMO is not an excuse it's a fact and that's how MMO should be. What's the point of everyone having a perfect dratinis in the first month of the game ? What's the point of actually hunting for rare pokemon anymore ?

Yeah because finding 1 rare Pokemon after 10+ hours of running back and forth only for it to be shit is REALLY ENCOURAGING. I sure do love being rewarded for my GROSS amount of time spent looking for ONE POKEMON that is REALLY BAD.

You clearly don't get the point. If you want to insist on the same arguments over and over, fine, but there's no point in discussing with you. No, "this is an MMO" isn't an excuse for everything and anything.

I pretty much agree with everything stated here. There's a pretty big problem with the spawn rates. And Dopest/Skaz have pointed out very good reasons why it should be fixed.

You are literally the typical player who has little idea how games work and come walking in at the wrong time. All you're doing is useless roundabout logic that doesn't actually have any relevancy to the conversation.

The problem with what you said here "hunt the Pokemon instead of posting a topic crying" is the fact he could go do that and the spawn rates won't allow him to find them efficiently or even worthwhile enough to try. THAT is the whole reason for this post. Your entire argument has 0 relevancy to spawn rates.

You are literally the typical player who has little idea how games work and come walking in at the wrong time. All you're doing is useless roundabout logic that doesn't actually have any relevancy to the conversation.

The problem with what you said here "hunt the Pokemon instead of posting a topic crying" is the fact he could go do that and the spawn rates won't allow him to find them efficiently or even worthwhile enough to try. THAT is the whole reason for this post. Your entire argument has 0 relevancy to spawn rates.

And you're the player that just jump in the bandwagon of wanting to play an easy MMO games instead of putting in the effort. Welp This is pointless since you will just continue to cry about the spawn rate anyways.

Nice to see people being engaged into the discussion. Keep it up. I am going come with news soon hopefully. I have a very bad schedule recently. Anyway, I am doing checks and tests on my PC. Mind if you note me several maps you deem critical? Thanks.

anything below 1% and anything with multiple ability's or requires hidden power to be viable that is below 5%. this would be way more specific if the encounter rates were public.

Welp a Dratini with 31 atk ivs and 31 spd ivs with a good nature has been caught. About 2 weeks in and we already have this epic poke the rate seem fine to me lol if anything it should be rarer not lower the rate.

i have a friend who used to play another pokemon game where the encounter rate was 1/128k or so at the time. first wild encounter was a shiny pidgey.

the allegory is meant to point out that a argument with one data point has no merit. come back with the stats on 10k encounters.

also when posting iv's, if you post them like 2347345967346953456 they are indecipherable. adding "/" or "-" inbetween the iv's makes it legible.

And you're the player that just jump in the bandwagon of wanting to play an easy MMO games instead of putting in the effort. Welp This is pointless since you will just continue to cry about the spawn rate anyways.

You keep using the phrase "you're gonna just keep crying" as if its some kind of magical insulting "win" for you. And its kind of sad really.

I don't want an easy MMO. I enjoy the difficulty of this game so far. I think its almost at a perfect point where it can be considered a balanced game in terms of difficulty needed for a Pokemon MMO. The problem falls very quickly on the lack of desire of people wanting to spend their time farming rarer Pokemon that are very prominent in competitive battling metagames because you can spend nearly 100 hours looking for a decent one and someone else can farm money for nearly 1/5th of that time and just buy someone else's who stumbled onto a decent to good one. There's literally no reason for someone to go hunting for rarer Pokemon because the spawn rates are so tediously big that it can actually be taken as that person wasting their time when they can be farming common Pokemon, making competitives of those and gaining money from doing it and then buying those rarer Pokemon later on. There is ZERO incentive for a player to go hunt rarer Pokemon themselves right now and that needs to be fixed.

The spawn rates should be fixed hunting a SINGLE pokemon for hours when I finally got it, guess what ? it's pure garbage, it is very discouraging. The Trade channel should be renamed to SELL channel, the trade ( pokemon for pokemon ) market is dead all I see is people SELLING pokemon, the reason I'm talking about this is the fact if I want a DECENT ( not even a good/great ) one pokemon I have to buy it but with all these people selling coins / membership making easy money I have no chance to win a bet against them who they are LITERALLY paying to win.

I personally wouldn't use a 0/31/0/0/0/31 Dragonite, but that's just me. Don't know how you can even think that's anywhere near "perfect", but alright.

And like it's been said before:

1) The first 31 atk/speed was a lucky strike. It happened 2 weeks after the server launched. When will the next happen? Tomorrow? Next month? Year? Who knows.

2) This was the first "perfect" (according to you) Dratini out of thousands of players that have grinding in Dragon's Den. If a normal player were to grind for a good one, he would need to waste the combined time of the thousands of players to get a good one. Doesn't seem fair to me.

3) Is there really a problem with multiple good pokemon existing? What's the problem here, really? Why are you so adamant against multiple players having access to good pokemon, even if they are rare? There's tons of things to grind for. A player's grind isn't done when they find a single good pokemon. Even if there were 50 great dratinis in the game right now, there's still another 500 players that want good ones. The supply will never be enough for everyone interested in them, due to the prevalence of Dragonite in the game (as a favorite and as a competitive powerhouse).

Face it, your argument is flawed from the start.

You really think can be possible 0-31-0-0-0-31.

Im done with you.

You win.

Dragonite_FSIGN.png